WEEK 3 GDT - Steelers @ Bucs MNF

warfelg

10 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Time for all the Coty Sensabaugh defenders to take a seat. He is garbage and should never have made the 53 man roster.

Agreed.

I think anything they do on defense is shuffling the chairs on the Titanic.  It sucks, it's going down, you aren't really changing much.  We could get away with this secondary if we had a great front 7....but we don't.  And we could get away with this front 7 if we had a great secondary.....but we don't.

4 hours ago, warfelg said:

Agreed.

I think anything they do on defense is shuffling the chairs on the Titanic.  It sucks, it's going down, you aren't really changing much.  We could get away with this secondary if we had a great front 7....but we don't.  And we could get away with this front 7 if we had a great secondary.....but we don't.

Zone blitz is where we have been successful with our pass rush. Honestly I think our MLBs are better pass rushers than our OLBs. Bostic is a monster in the middle but is a 2 down player and so is Williams. I hate that we're not using Thomas to cover these TEs or to play the cover LB.

7 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Zone blitz is where we have been successful with our pass rush. Honestly I think our MLBs are better pass rushers than our OLBs. Bostic is a monster in the middle but is a 2 down player and so is Williams. I hate that we're not using Thomas to cover these TEs or to play the cover LB.

Me also. I still hold hope that he will get his chance later after every other option  doesn't  work of course.  

Outside of Thomas, the biggest problem with our defense is lack of talent in depth. The guys not starting arent very good, at all. When it comes to our starters, Vince Williams. Bud Dupree, Artie Burns, Sean Davis, arent very good, at all.

We dont have a true NT, we have 1 LB that should be a starter on passing downs and thats TJ Watt. Bostic is fine as a starter on rushing downs. 

10 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Outside of Thomas, the biggest problem with our defense is lack of talent in depth. The guys not starting arent very good, at all. When it comes to our starters, Vince Williams. Bud Dupree, Artie Burns, Sean Davis, arent very good, at all.

We dont have a true NT, we have 1 LB that should be a starter on passing downs and thats TJ Watt. Bostic is fine as a starter on rushing downs. 

I get ticked off when dupree or burns have a gift in a game because it means they will start for a few more weeks or in the case of dupree, he will get the 5th year option when he shouldn't. Agree this D has too many pieces missing to be competent vs good teams.  It's a reason why I want them to try the depth players now so if they don't work, maybe try a trade or at least know heading into next offseason . Based on this year, coty, artie and davis shouldn't see the field again if they want to improve the D. I am all for letting Marcus Allen and Brian Allen getting a chance . Nice job colbert

Archived