Why I have faith in Nagy

WindyCity

I'm fairly confident that we are all making the exact same point, but our replies to each other are worded in different ways/with different metaphors, and so people are reading them the opposite way. 

This whole thread is essentially, "yes, they both did some things differently, but Trestman was a weirdo with hot daughters (we can all agree with that) and Nagy is trying to create a culture"

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, tannenballs said:

I guess what I'm asking is, what are their core plays and key concepts?

To be honest, it varies. The first 3 weeks there were a few vertical routes but seemed like the primary routes were shallow drags, outs, and screens. Very conservative but gave a chance for big chunk YAC, like what Hill did well in KC last year. The problem was that Tru missed on his deep throws. It was either under 5 yards from the LOS or over 30 it seemed. Last week we attacked all over and simplified the offense so Tru wasn't swimming in data pre-snap and exploded. Ran a number of vertical routes, level concepts, used motion to help see if they were in man, stacked WRs to try and force a miscommunication with the DBs, moved guys around to get mismatches, etc. It was how the offense was supposed to be run to me. Not saying I expected 6 TDs thrown or anything, but simplified and meant to thrive on mismatches and easy throws, then enough deep attempts to keep the safties and CBs from squatting on the routes.

But it was only one game that it was implemented. We aren't sure what will be done this week. I'm sure there will be motions and such to try and identify coverages to make things easier on Tru, but that is about it.

Archived