Bears @ Cardinals, 9/23/18, 3:25 CT, GAME THREAD

beardown3231

Another meat and potatoes game thread. To the f***ing point.

The match-up to watch is the Bears pass rush vs Arizona's OL. Their OL is better than Seattle's, but it's not great. To make matters worse, their QB's (whichever one gets the start [please be Glennon]) are immobile. Can Mack & Co. continue to harass QB's (against a desperate offense, on the road, on a short week) as the CHI offense slowly comes along?

The second match-up to watch is the Bears run game vs the Cardinals' D. Arizona got torn apart by Todd Gurley (who doesn't?) but that's no excuse for what the Redskins did to them, racking up 182 rushing yards albeit on a committed gameplan. Howard and Cohen had a slow start to the Seahawks contest with a relatively strong finish. The Cardinals pass defense hasn't been great but they're an athletic group. Can Jarik start AND finish strong as the Chicago passing game continues to progress?

Bears 17-13

4 hours ago, yomyyo said:

I'm excited to see the Bears front 7 against an immobile QB after having played against the two most slippery QBs in the game. 

They have an immobile QB but he has only been sacked 3 times in two game, with one of those games coming against the Rams. So I think we are in for some what of a drop off there, hopefully I'm wrong.

1 minute ago, blkwdw13 said:

They have an immobile QB but he has only been sacked 3 times in two game, with one of those games coming against the Rams. So I think we are in for some what of a drop off there, hopefully I'm wrong.

They are happy to protect their QB but when you are averaging 3ppg your going to need to open it up at some point...I would rather they help us to 1 sack if we hold them to 3 points haha.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

They are happy to protect their QB but when you are averaging 3ppg your going to need to open it up at some point...I would rather they help us to 1 sack if we hold them to 3 points haha.

I would not disagree with that at all.

The cardinals look like one of the worst teams in the league.  They've been outscored 58-6 in two games.  Yeah Arizona might be hungry for a win, but our D has been feasting on QBs so far with 10 sacks so far along with 2 pick 6s.  Our offense starts hot, both games opening drive TDs, but our play calling does get more conservative as the game goes on.  This game is almost a gimme, but I think we'll prevail as long as we're not looking ahead.  27-10 Da Bears. 

Trubisky is still going to have his consistency issues and until I see otherwise, a complete inability to play beyond a "dink and dunk" passing game... I think Howard has a bigger day this week and we'll be ahead easily most of the game, causing us to run heavily and keep the overall score low:

Bears 17  (2TDs, FG) I'm undecided on whether Howard/Cohen or the Defense gets the 2nd TD, but Mitch will only have 1 of them.

Cards 13 (2 FGs, then one garbage time TD)

Bradford starting.  He of 90 passing yards on 30 attempts last week.  As will try and play the quick game but Bradford is still going to feel the heat.  Tru and company get out to a 21-0 lead early and Howard slats the game away in the 2nd half with his first 100 yard game of the season.  I dont see how they score against our D.  I'm predicting a shutout here.

Archived