Be Proud

FGK

12 minutes ago, EL Brownso said:

And we just passed the Jags for 3rd most active team thread.  YAY!!!!

indifferent-clapping.gif

Jags?!  Interesting.  I don't remember them being a high-volume team forum.

I still wonder what this place will be like when we're actually good.  I've been wondering that for quite a while.  Like a really long time.

1 hour ago, ReggieCamp said:

Jags?!  Interesting.  I don't remember them being a high-volume team forum.

I still wonder what this place will be like when we're actually good.  I've been wondering that for quite a while.  Like a really long time.

Me too Good Brother.....

s-l225.jpg

:D

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Misery loves company.

When we're winning we'll all be too busy enjoying ourselves to come here and cluck like a bunch of hens.

This might legitimately be an issue someday. I've noticed that successful team's forums tend to lag unless they're one of the 2-3 teams on the site who have massive, established groups of posters.

If this were 25 years ago I'd say Browns fans would come out of the woodwork once we start winning. There still would be a lot but they would be nearing 50 years old and older and I don't know if a football forum is where that demographic would go. There was a time that the Browns were likely a top 3 team in worldwide fan base and had as many backers outside of the market as any other team. 20 years of sucking can do a lot of damage (just look at what it did to mine) and we may never get back there again.

7 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

If this were 25 years ago I'd say Browns fans would come out of the woodwork once we start winning. There still would be a lot but they would be nearing 50 years old and older and I don't know if a football forum is where that demographic would go. There was a time that the Browns were likely a top 3 team in worldwide fan base and had as many backers outside of the market as any other team. 20 years of sucking can do a lot of damage (just look at what it did to mine) and we may never get back there again.

If there's anything the Cavs have taught me it's that there's always fair weather and bandwagon fans in abundance.

If they start winning everyone in Cleveland will be buzzing about them.

Same thing happened down here in Cincy a decade or so ago.

Archived