Maroon 5 to perform at Super Bowl halftime show

RaidersAreOne

Will you be watching?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be watching the halftime show?

• Yes.
    • No.

6 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

What a suprise. A popular band choice and everyone crapping on it just to crap on it. 

People crap on it because Maroon 5 makes bad, uninspiring music.

Not that I care. I haven't paid attention to the halftime show in years. I usually just use it as a snack break.

Got a good chuckle at all the He-Man posters in this thread claiming the halftime show is geared towards another demographic. News flash - that's the NFL's goal. They already know who will be turned in to watch the game, they know they will lose some of those viewers regardless of who they pick, but if they pull in a popular artist for a demographic not as likely to tune into the SB, it's an opportunity to hopefully carry over some of that viewership into the actual game... and watching additional ads, which is the end game for the NFL.

7 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

To be fair, the most popular music is pop music, and it's hardly the "man's man's" preferred genre. But I can't hate on Maroon 5 - I love Sunday Morning

And the mans man is hardly the nfls demographic, especially during the sb.

Smart choice by the NFL. He should get alot of non-fan 'fans' to watch.

Also whoever suggested a comedy show at halftime is nuts. That would be the most sanitized, boring, 'try to please everyone without offending anyone' type comedy show ever performed. NFL wouldnt take any chances with that stuff, it would make a comedy guest on Kimmell look like Chapelle by contents standard. Gross.

55 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Let's make sure we get the minority gender of NFL fandom up while losing the majority gender fandom during the halftime show. 

I wish the NFL would actually pretend to care about what their fans want.  There are dozens of musician/artists that would appeal to everybody, and yet they continue picking bands/artists like this. 

I just wish they'd end the whole concert crap, too.  Just have a comedian entertainer for halftime.  Who even likes watching concerts on TV anyway? 

Who are these "dozens" of artists that would appeal to everyone that they're not already using?

I think Maroon 5 is a fine choice. If we're going to be honest about who the NFL's "majority" population is, you'd just have to put Country singers out there every year considering the demographics of most NFL fans. No rap, no rock, no pop, no alternative. Just country. And no "new" country, just guys like Toby Keith.

Archived