Rookie Watch (Week 4 Update)

MacReady

Early indications are that Gute had a pretty strong draft class.  I think both Alexander and Jackson will be starters for several seasons.  Burks looks really athletic.  JK Scott looks like he will have some pro bowls in his career.  MVS is already a strong special teams player, while the other two wideouts still need some seasoning.  Who knows with Madison .. probably a bust of a pick .. maybe he'll return at some point .. wouldn't count on it.  Hunter Bradley has some work to do .. not so hit so far from what I've been hearing.

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Early indications are that Gute had a pretty strong draft class.  I think both Alexander and Jackson will be starters for several seasons.  Burks looks really athletic.  JK Scott looks like he will have some pro bowls in his career.  MVS is already a strong special teams player, while the other two wideouts still need some seasoning.  Who knows with Madison .. probably a bust of a pick .. maybe he'll return at some point .. wouldn't count on it.  Hunter Bradley has some work to do .. not so hit so far from what I've been hearing.

Looney was getting some praise in the offseason too. With Wilk's injury we might call him up from the PS, who knows.

I like LB Kendall Donnerson's potential as well............ most of these 7th round guys don't amount to much, but every now and again there is a Driver, a Tauscher, guys that make late picks worth drafting. 

Even those that don't last that long often have some kind of production, as backups or on ST. If he could get on the 53 and have four or five years, even as a backup, that would be a big positive. First he has to get on the 53 though, and it will either take an injury (sometime this year) for him to get promoted, or a jump in understanding & technique next training camp.

17 minutes ago, Kepler said:

HHCD rated higher than Derwin James at this point

And HaHa is probably doing a lot better than we think he is.  Yeah, Brice is an easy target, but there's a reason why teams are avoiding Clinton-Dix, and it's not just because of how bad Brice is.  We're not seeing teams have success throwing in HaHa's direction...

18 hours ago, PACKRULE said:

He should he's in year 4 vs a rook.

Yeah, and Derwin James can do things physically that Clinton-Dix couldn't do if he was taking HGH. 

I just really don't want this to turn into a thing.  We had nothing at corner for a very long time.  We got a player who looks like he is going to have a couple all-pro seasons in his career at the second most important position on defense and people are complaining that we didn't get the player who plays probably the third or fourth most important position in football.

Safety is literally my favorite position in football and I have dreamed about having a HoF safety on the Packers for years and years and years.  James was the #2 player I wanted in this draft.  Still... I would never ever ever complain about what we did. 

22 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, and Derwin James can do things physically that Clinton-Dix couldn't do if he was taking HGH. 

I just really don't want this to turn into a thing.  We had nothing at corner for a very long time.  We got a player who looks like he is going to have a couple all-pro seasons in his career at the second most important position on defense and people are complaining that we didn't get the player who plays probably the third or fourth most important position in football.

Safety is literally my favorite position in football and I have dreamed about having a HoF safety on the Packers for years and years and years.  James was the #2 player I wanted in this draft.  Still... I would never ever ever complain about what we did. 

Just wait until next season when Gute signs an EDGE, re-signs a steal in Breeland ;), draft Edge in round 1, and a safety in round 1 too for a very improved defense.

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Just wait until next season when Gute signs an EDGE, re-signs a steal in Breeland ;), draft Edge in round 1, and a safety in round 1 too for a very improved defense.

That is literally my dream offseason.  EDGE and safety with our two first round picks would be the happiest draft of my life. 

Archived