The ⛵️BOAT? Thread

.Buzz

He's inconsistent at times, no disagreements here. But man has this guy made some monumental strides. He's definitely played like a middle of the pack, solid QB since the beginning of last year to where we are now if you average out everything he's done. He's showing flashes of being able to be even more than that at times too.

Really awesome to see. We all have wanted Blake to be the guy based on who he is as a person and how hard he works/puts it on the line every week, happy he has got to this point.

Hell, I just looked at Matt Miller (who I'm not a huge fan of fwiw), and for the first time in quite a while he hasn't mocked us or mentioned us in needing a QB and went as far to say he's a franchise guy and no one would try to replace a guy playing like Blake since the beginning of 2017.

On 01/10/2018 at 1:35 PM, .Buzz said:

Amen.

I feel like some people are way too influenced by whatever the latest game is, and when Bortles comes off a good one against a bad team, they just like to gloss over the turd he put together the week before.

He can be serviceable overall, and he's always had the ability to have some big games when he gets on a roll.  But his performance is still prone to going completely yo-yo from week to week, and when he puts up a clunker...it's really really hard to win, without a herculean effort from the defense and running game.  At the end of the day, that still makes him extremely hard for me to really trust.  One of those bad games at the wrong time and you're eliminated.  It's an unforgiving league for a QB with such volatility in performance.

It's not like it's just been this smooth upward trajectory for Bortles.  The overall trendline may be generally trending up, but the volatile spikes are still there, up and down.  That's why so many "outsiders" still look at Bortles and suggest he doesn't pass the "eye test".  There's a strong odor of inconsistency that continues to follow him around.

It's 2 fold.

Lazy reportingfrom folks that don't watch the Jaguars.

Blake having been below average his 1st 3 seasons.

He gets no mercy even though he was seen as a project when he was drafted. He's been given 0 leniency to grow and improve.

It's fine by me because I don't get my Jaguars news from national outlets but it stinks because casual fan just gobbles up whatever they hear whether it's factual or not, then regurgitates it thinking it's gospel...

Archived