Random Bears THOTs

Ty21

• 1 month later...

?Kareem Hunt guys? Thoughts? Keep it to football.

As a Bears fan I immediately thought the Bears should jump at the chance to get him, then my reality sank back in and you cant get involved with him right now.

What do you guys think, do you claim him and wait it out and sometime in 2019 you get Kareem Hunt?

47 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

?Kareem Hunt guys? Thoughts? Keep it to football.

As a Bears fan I immediately thought the Bears should jump at the chance to get him, then my reality sank back in and you cant get involved with him right now.

What do you guys think, do you claim him and wait it out and sometime in 2019 you get Kareem Hunt?

Football wise his talent and scheme fit are obvious...I reckon Nagy will push for it but in terms of Pace I just can't see him biting. 

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Football wise his talent and scheme fit are obvious...I reckon Nagy will push for it but in terms of Pace I just can't see him biting. 

I think it's something that would absolutely have to go thru Ms. McCaskey.  If she was to ok it, I could see Pace making the claim.  Truthfully, well I am of the stance that there is NEVER a cause to lay your hands on a woman, society and the law doesnt agree with me.  And lets be clear about something here, this is not a DV issue. This wasnt his gf or wife.  This was essentially a stranger who pushed him, and reportedly called him the N word.  I need to Hunt to show better judgement, but I believe, morally he can be salvaged, unlike DV issues which are about control and deep personality issues.  This was an anger management issue in my mind.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone think that Khalil Mack still has a chance at DPOY?  He's at 12.5 sacks now on the season and has narrowed the gap on Donald, while also playing 2 less games this year.

Like I've mentioned before IMO I don't think there's any question that Mack is more valuable to his defense than Donald is. 

Donald is a great player but he can be shut down pretty good when teams double team him, whereas Mack consistently beats double teams and is a lot of the times triple teamed.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

Anyone think that Khalil Mack still has a chance at DPOY?  He's at 12.5 sacks now on the season and has narrowed the gap on Donald, while also playing 2 less games this year.

Like I've mentioned before IMO I don't think there's any question that Mack is more valuable to his defense than Donald is. 

Donald is a great player but he can be shut down pretty good when teams double team him, whereas Mack consistently beats double teams and is a lot of the times triple teamed.

Thoughts?

Mack absolutely should be in the conversation. In two games less (plus 2 he was clearly hurt and not himself) he has 4 less sacks but two more forced fumbles, plus an INT and defensive TD. Let's not forget that Mack doesn't just get to pin his ears back constantly, Vic has him dropping into coverage some too.  Then add in that he is going against tackles rather than guards or centers, and the (generally) best athletes and passblockers are being faced by Mack, not Donald.

I wouldn't be upset to see Donald win, but for Mack not to be at least a near contender. Watt, Miller and Hunter have all been stellar too. And to be honest both Fuller and Jackson deserve to be mentioned there too.

On 12/1/2018 at 4:28 AM, Superman(DH23) said:

I think it's something that would absolutely have to go thru Ms. McCaskey.  If she was to ok it, I could see Pace making the claim.  Truthfully, well I am of the stance that there is NEVER a cause to lay your hands on a woman, society and the law doesnt agree with me.  And lets be clear about something here, this is not a DV issue. This wasnt his gf or wife.  This was essentially a stranger who pushed him, and reportedly called him the N word.  I need to Hunt to show better judgement, but I believe, morally he can be salvaged, unlike DV issues which are about control and deep personality issues.  This was an anger management issue in my mind.

I can't see it,  this would make the Bears the talk of the towns, and not in a way they want.  

4 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Thoughts?

I think where the Bears D is versus where the Rams are is what will end up pushing him over Donald.  I'm not sure you can argue there is more valuable player on any defense in the league. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Thoughts?

Hadn't thought about this but it's not a bad call. A few weeks ago I was thinking Donald has it all locked up, but if their recent respective forms continue until the end of the season then it wouldn't surprise me to see Mack take it - recency bias, being on a better defense. Imagine if he hadn't missed those two games as well and had an extra sack or two, or another FF, to his stat line...

Still think Donald's the favorite but Mack is his closest challenger.

Sometimes I just think of Mack's stat line and it takes me to a happy place. In 12 games he has 12.5 sacks, 6 FFs and 1 INT (which he returned for a TD). Breaking news - that boy good. Thanks Ryan Pace.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

Hadn't thought about this but it's not a bad call. A few weeks ago I was thinking Donald has it all locked up, but if their recent respective forms continue until the end of the season then it wouldn't surprise me to see Mack take it - recency bias, being on a better defense. Imagine if he hadn't missed those two games as well and had an extra sack or two, or another FF, to his stat line...

Still think Donald's the favorite but Mack is his closest challenger.

Sometimes I just think of Mack's stat line and it takes me to a happy place. In 12 games he has 12.5 sacks, 6 FFs and 1 INT (which he returned for a TD). Breaking news - that boy good. Thanks Ryan Pace.

He has 9 FF not 6