Random Bears THOTs

Ty21

I wasn't sure where to post this but....

hqdefault.jpg

I feel so bad for the family and friends of all those who died today in the Helicopter crash. 

When I first heard about Kobe, my heart stopped. It's still hard to believe. 

Edited by JustAnotherFan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I wasn't sure where to post this but....

hqdefault.jpg

I feel so bad for the family and friends of all those who died today in the Helicopter crash. 

When I first heard about Kobe, my heart stopped. It's still hard to believe. 

Absolutely shocking and sad. I heard his name about 30 times this morning on Sportscenter with Lebron passing him in points last night in Kobe's hometown. Lebron even wrote "Mamba 4 life" on his game shoes yesterday, and if you listen to his postgame media session, it almost sounds like a euology that he didn't even know he was giving. Incredible

Strange that a celebrity death makes us think of our own mortality.  We often live as if we aren’t going to die.  We simply put it out of our minds.

Biggest questions revolve around death.  I don’t think it is a violation of this sites rules to present philosophical thoughts in a non Bears thoughts sub forum.  

To me biggest philosophical question in life is whether there exists a God or creator.  Because it places personal philosophy into only two branches.   

If you answer no, then your purpose is your own. Your morality is your own and many such people are more ‘moral’ than those who claim to be in category 2. Your life is what you make of it or what you can make of it given your resources, situation, abilities and some random chance.  There is no grand purpose outside of yourself or what you decide. Your DNA (instincts) dictate a lot of what you do and the Universe does not care.  You die and that is the end.  

If you answer yes, then your purpose is not your own.  There is objective morality common to all humans written by the Creator and also ingrained in your instinct or heart.  Your life is still what you make of it, but it is not governed by random chance.  There is a grand purpose outside of yourself.  The creator cares.  When you die that is not the end.  If you answer yes, you have to investigate the creator post haste because he would not leave you with no answers if He existed.  

I think vast majority of people ride the fence and say I don’t know.  But all that really does is put you in with the group in category 1, because you aren’t seeking the creators truth and purpose and you are living your life according to your own purposes.      

Edited by dll2000
Their to there
  • Like 2

Benito Jones, NT, Ole Miss
Height: 6-1. Weight: 326.
Projected 40 Time: 5.40.
Projected Round (2020): 3-5.

1/11/20: For the NFL, Jones could be a heavy nose tackle who contributes somewhat in the pass rush. Jones got his season off to an impressive start with a strong performance against Memphis, including an interception. In 2019, he totaled 30 tackles tackles with 5.5 sacks and four passes batted.

6/29/19: Jones is a heavy nose tackle who had a quality junior year for the Rebels. In 2018, he totaled 34 tackles with nine tackles for a loss and three sacks. Jones had 39 tackles as a freshman and 29 in 2017.

Anybody have any thoughts on this guy? Came across the name and from what I hear, he's a monster. Could be a possible Goldman backup/eventual replacement?

2 hours ago, The_Romen said:

Benito Jones, NT, Ole Miss
Height: 6-1. Weight: 326.
Projected 40 Time: 5.40.
Projected Round (2020): 3-5.

1/11/20: For the NFL, Jones could be a heavy nose tackle who contributes somewhat in the pass rush. Jones got his season off to an impressive start with a strong performance against Memphis, including an interception. In 2019, he totaled 30 tackles tackles with 5.5 sacks and four passes batted.

6/29/19: Jones is a heavy nose tackle who had a quality junior year for the Rebels. In 2018, he totaled 34 tackles with nine tackles for a loss and three sacks. Jones had 39 tackles as a freshman and 29 in 2017.

Anybody have any thoughts on this guy? Came across the name and from what I hear, he's a monster. Could be a possible Goldman backup/eventual replacement?

No thoughts on the player itself...just that NT is one of the few positions on the team that I don't think we need to worry about for a while.

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Oops I totally flew right by "PT" xD

It's the same for law enforcement. Have a CPD friend who was a wild gym rat and in genuinely great performance shape but failed the PT on the chin ups of all things.  It was... hilarious. He healed up and made it second try but his whole family (almost all cops) is still getting mileage out of it. 

1 hour ago, The_Romen said:

Just because we have Hicks and Williams or what?

Basically what he said...

49 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Goldman is 26 years old and still has 3 years under contract

I wouldn't mind a NT in round 6 or 7 but it's not a huge need by any means

• Like 1