Random Bears THOTs

Ty21

17 hours ago, CBears019 said:

So the other day i was working with an FBI agent.  We got to talking about Charles Tillman.  The agent told me that when Tillman took his entry PT test, he actually failed it.  I found that to be pretty funny.

Was it cause every time they told him to run he backpedaled and kept punching guns out of peoples hands 

7 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Strange that a celebrity death makes us think of our own mortality.  We often live as if we aren’t going to die.  We simply put it out of our minds.

Biggest questions revolve around death.  I don’t think it is a violation of this sites rules to present philosophical thoughts in a non Bears thoughts sub forum.  

To me biggest philosophical question in life is whether there exists a God or creator.  Because it places personal philosophy into only two branches.   

If you answer no, then your purpose is your own. Your morality is your own and many such people are more ‘moral’ than those who claim to be in category 2. Your life is what you make of it or what you can make of it given your resources, situation, abilities and some random chance.  There is no grand purpose outside of yourself or what you decide. Your DNA (instincts) dictate a lot of what you do and the Universe does not care.  You die and that is the end.  

If you answer yes, then your purpose is not your own.  There is objective morality common to all humans written by the Creator and also ingrained in your instinct or heart.  Your life is still what you make of it, but it is not governed by random chance.  There is a grand purpose outside of yourself.  The creator cares.  When you die that is not the end.  If you answer yes, you have to investigate the creator post haste because he would not leave you with no answers if He existed.  

I think vast majority of people ride the fence and say I don’t know.  But all that really does is put you in with the group in category 1, because you aren’t seeking the creators truth and purpose and you are living your life according to your own purposes.      

I thought I was going to die years ago but then didn’t for some reason kinda just put my death of future layaway but before that I kinda had a god complex but I probably have a bigger god complex now so yeah, never gonna die. 

So did y’all hear the only two teams interested in gardner Minshew were the jags and bears? Bears only didn’t draft him probably cause they’re adamantly against drafting good offensive players. But bruh can you imagine Minshew mania here, he’s already my avy

1 hour ago, Tyty said:

So did y’all hear the only two teams interested in gardner Minshew were the jags and bears? Bears only didn’t draft him probably cause they’re adamantly against drafting good offensive players. But bruh can you imagine Minshew mania here, he’s already my avy

He would've never played because growing pains for 3rd year QB's are so common so it was best to let Trubisky keep looking like s***

5 hours ago, The_Romen said:

Does it make anyone else randomly sad when you think about how little success the Bears have had? Especially compared to teams like the Ravens and lately the chiefs.

Sad? No. Pissed off at the incompetent ownership and Philips...YES! What do you think sparked this...

This is just a long pissed off rant but it's the truth that gives you a timeline of the constant ignorant mistakes that the FO has made over the years that have led to us being such a disappointing franchise. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Somebody post about Rambler thoughts?  The ol' Kenosha Canoes? 

139000_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

Wha....oh "random thoughts".  OK, never mind.  Dunno why anyone would want one of those ugly old boats anyway....grumble, grumble.

Edited by soulman
  • Like 1

Watched Joker last night.  

Don’t see too many new movies anymore, but that one got a lot hype. 

Definitely wasn’t a comic book movie in the sense of normal comic book movies.  Nobody had super powers.  Mostly just a sad movie about a poor man’s struggle with mental illness in early 80s NY (Gotham). It would have made no money if it wasn’t piggy backing on Bat Man comic character.   

Incredibly well acted and edited and directed and all that.  But it just had no joy in it from start to finish.  No LOL moments.  You can do a serious movie, but have some breaks in it.   It just makes you kind of depressed and sad and keeps you there the whole time.  

Still I would say it is worth watching because it is a very original take on the Joker origin.  

NY really was a lot like that in 70s early 80s.  It is what inspired all those Death Wish and gang movies like The Warriors and the like.  Crime and vagrancy was quite out of control for awhile and there was a lot of anger with every day life.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Watched Joker last night. 

I really enjoyed it, although it was a bit slow to start and there are some vague things ***spoilers***  (his mom's affair, him being an unreliable narrator). Thought Phoenix had maybe the most captivating performance of 2019.

My movie of 2019 was The Lighthouse. Dafoe and Pattinson blew my mind. I enjoyed Eggers previous movie the Witch, but this one seemed to capitalize on all of the qualms I had with the Witch. Strongly, strongly suggest it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The_Romen said:

I really enjoyed it, although it was a bit slow to start and there are some vague things ***spoilers***  (his mom's affair, him being an unreliable narrator). Thought Phoenix had maybe the most captivating performance of 2019.

My movie of 2019 was The Lighthouse. Dafoe and Pattinson blew my mind. I enjoyed Eggers previous movie the Witch, but this one seemed to capitalize on all of the qualms I had with the Witch. Strongly, strongly suggest it.

Is Lighthouse a horror movie?

I don’t watch horror movies.  Thanks though.  

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Is Lighthouse a horror movie?

I don’t watch horror movies.  Thanks though.  

Wouldn't necessarily say horror movie. It has horror movie elements, but it's just as much a mystery and fantasy sort of movie. It messes with your head... Think Shutter Island if you've ever seen that.