Game 3, 2018: @ Cleveland Browns [TNF]

Bianconero

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

Not arguing that but we need to look st the whole picture. If he was behind Dallas’ o-line throwing to stud receivers, I’d have serious concerns. 

I know but let’s be honest...have we ever had a o-line like Dallas and also stud receivers?! 

We can’t just have a talented young qb and then think we are set. We have the centrepiece but no structure. Last night Sam looked awful but the offense and playcalling were even worse   

Wow 11 days ago everyone was saying how great the jets are and Darnold is a legend. Come down guys. If you look at the first page I was 1 touchdown off on the score. I had the jets 17 Browns 28. I knew this was going to happen because the was a set up game. You take a rookie who has 3 and half days to get ready and plays a D that is headed by one of the best D coaches in the last 2 decades and you want that rookie to do well. Oh ya minus a day for travel too. Darnold was destine to fail last night. I look it at this way that Truman Johnson cost us the game. He got burned a few times then did a stupid penalty by trying to give Landry the ball on a 4th down coming up. You will see the jets be a lot better when they take on the Jags D. They will have plenty of time to prepare and I see avery close game that the jets might even pull out at the end with a Myers FG to get back at the Jags for cutting him. These jets players are now hungry and mad they lost to the Browns and the Jags will have their hands full. 

This game was exactly like Miami at home last year. We are dominating with the Tanny on the field and pull into a good lead, but lose it to Matt Moore thanks to conservative offensive play, soft defensive pressure, and bone headed penalties. It's infuriating to see this happen once, but this is a pattern with Bowles. He's ineffective with the game on the line and couldn't fire up a Zippo. I can't wait to see Kacy Rodgers walk out with him.

1 minute ago, jetfuel34 said:

Wow 11 days ago everyone was saying how great the jets are and Darnold is a legend. Come down guys. If you look at the first page I was 1 touchdown off on the score. I had the jets 17 Browns 28. I knew this was going to happen because the was a set up game. You take a rookie who has 3 and half days to get ready and plays a D that is headed by one of the best D coaches in the last 2 decades and you want that rookie to do well. Oh ya minus a day for travel too. Darnold was destine to fail last night. I look it at this way that Truman Johnson cost us the game. He got burned a few times then did a stupid penalty by trying to give Landry the ball on a 4th down coming up. You will see the jets be a lot better when they take on the Jags D. They will have plenty of time to prepare and I see avery close game that the jets might even pull out at the end with a Myers FG to get back at the Jags for cutting him. These jets players are now hungry and mad they lost to the Browns and the Jags will have their hands full. 

It's not the loss. It's how we lost. We lost a 14 point lead and made Mayfield look like an All-Pro while Darnold looked like straight garbago. I have a lot of hope invested in Darnold and watching him look scared and inaccurate was awful to watch. I'm excited to see how he bounces back, but for the next 11 days I'm going to have to hear how Darnold is a bust, the Jets are a joke, and the Giants still have hurr durr Superbowlssss

13 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

This game was exactly like Miami at home last year. We are dominating with the Tanny on the field and pull into a good lead, but lose it to Matt Moore thanks to conservative offensive play, soft defensive pressure, and bone headed penalties. It's infuriating to see this happen once, but this is a pattern with Bowles. He's ineffective with the game on the line and couldn't fire up a Zippo. I can't wait to see Kacy Rodgers walk out with him.

I remember that game, but wasn't it in Miami that we squandered the lead?

Fun game, guys. Wish I could remember more of my Browns' first win in nearly two years, but I drank too much whiskey.

Darnold had a bad game, and I was hoping last night would be his worst game of the season. But I still think he's gonna be a stud in the future. Just needs more experience which you guys are giving him this year. You guys definitely need to address your offensive line next offseason, though. Hopefully they don't give Sam shell shock.

Anyway, it might be too soon to say... but I think both teams might have their franchise QB after years and years of both teams not having one. I wouldn't be too alarmed by Darnold's performance last night. He just needs more help and our defense is looking truly legit three weeks into the season... so he wasn't exactly in a great position for a successful game.

Good luck the rest of the season, boys. Here's to hoping both Sam and Baker work out for both of our teams.

1 hour ago, NJerseypaint said:

It's not the loss. It's how we lost. We lost a 14 point lead and made Mayfield look like an All-Pro while Darnold looked like straight garbago. I have a lot of hope invested in Darnold and watching him look scared and inaccurate was awful to watch. I'm excited to see how he bounces back, but for the next 11 days I'm going to have to hear how Darnold is a bust, the Jets are a joke, and the Giants still have hurr durr Superbowlssss

I was going to say the exact same thing It's not the loss but how we lost.  It has been a long time since the Jets had such a frustrating game. We couldn't do anything right.

Also just to note

Not saying anything more or less but

Macc’s 2018 picks aside from Sam have all been bad to terrible to ghost so far - but what else is new?

Herndon has been terrible

Shepherd has played 28 snaps

The other DL hasn’t been active 

Nickerson is cool 

24 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I was going to say the exact same thing It's not the loss but how we lost.  It has been a long time since the Jets had such a frustrating game. We couldn't do anything right.

Lol it’s been less than a year. After being 3-2 we lost leads against NE Miami and Atlanta. Plus the Carolina game where we had a 4th quarter lead but gave up scores on a fumble return and a punt return. I was pretty frustrated by those outcomes

15 hours ago, ekill08x said:

what a dump of a field in cleveland. 

Agreed - but there is a reason. This was the result of playing the Steelers in a constant, unforgiving rainstorm for 5 quarters. That was the remnants of Hurricane Gordon. It started raining Friday overnight, all day Saturday and Sunday, and into Monday. Granted the field was covered until 11am Sunday -  but the damage had been done.

We don't have another home game until Oct 7th against the Ravens - 17 days away. I wonder if the sod cutters are being used en masse today to cut out that whole center section of the field and new sod being laid.

Of course, the ultimate answer is an offseason project. Get all the grass up and install Field Turf. Don't know if that is in the cards yet.

I bet Mr. Crowell  gets a call from Roger's office.......

26 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

Lol it’s been less than a year. After being 3-2 we lost leads against NE Miami and Atlanta. Plus the Carolina game where we had a 4th quarter lead but gave up scores on a fumble return and a punt return. I was pretty frustrated by those outcomes

The championship AFL game in Miami in 1983 when Shula flooded the field before the game because he had no answer for our Wesley Walker, and the game turn into a mud bowl. This game last night was almost as bad as the Mud Bowl game. Shula plugged the drains on the field the night before the game, and got away with it.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

The championship AFL game in Miami in 1983 when Shula flooded the field before the game because he had no answer for our Wesley Walker, and the game turn into a mud bowl. This game last night was almost as bad as the Mud Bowl game. Shula plugged the drains on the field the night before the game, and got away with it.

I remember it well. Freeman McNeil led the league in rushing that year but was useless in the mud

Archived