Game 3, 2018: @ Cleveland Browns [TNF]

Bianconero

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Not by any means saying he didn't look awful. But to go as far as to say he's already on the path to failing is overacting.

Never once said that...I said he was awful and some of his errors were alarming. That’s a fair assessment in my opinion. I love Sam but we can call out when he does things wrong just the same as we praise him for good things 

Leonard Williams was a total no show Monday  night

tackles     0

hurries      0

sacks        0

batted passes    0

And this is with the six overall pick in the draft.

And when we draft him we really didn't need a D lineman, we had Mo, Sheldon, & Snacks

17 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Leonard Williams was a total no show Monday  night

tackles     0

hurries      0

sacks        0

batted passes    0

And this is with the six overall pick in the draft.

And when we draft him we really didn't need a D lineman, we had Mo, Sheldon, & Snacks

either we bring in a DC who runs a 4-3 or we trade him. i’m not giving his guy 10+ million a year. 

Mac doesn’t deserve to be brought back next year either. Maybe the 4 worst years of drafting in this teams history, and we had very fortunate opportunity’s in the first round in 3 of those years and 1 guy looks like a sure thing.

I like Darnold, and I even think that trade Mac made was smart, but the rest of his draft has either made no impact or a negative one. Mac is just as much of a problem as Bowles. We need old school, no nonsense football guys in here. Unfortunately i have zero faith in ownership to do so. The Johnsons are both weenies and won’t do what is necessary, that being stay the f out of the way and get guys in here that know what in the hell they are doing. The New York Jets are a disgrace right now. Plain and simple.

4 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

either we bring in a DC who runs a 4-3 or we trade him. i’m not giving his guy 10+ million a year. 

Mac doesn’t deserve to be brought back next year either. Maybe the 4 worst years of drafting in this teams history, and we had very fortunate opportunity’s in the first round in 3 of those years and 1 guy looks like a sure thing.

I like Darnold, and I even think that trade Mac made was smart, but the rest of his draft has either made no impact or a negative one. Mac is just as much of a problem as Bowles. We need old school, no nonsense football guys in here. Unfortunately i have zero faith in ownership to do so. The Johnsons are both weenies and won’t do what is necessary, that being stay the f out of the way and get guys in here that know what in the hell they are doing. The New York Jets are a disgrace right now. Plain and simple.

That is the best description of the Johnson twins I heard yet. ( Weenies)

As a side note your post is 100% correct

14 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Only the Saints have been a worse team at drafting than the Jets since 2012. But they have a HOF QB and an excellent coach. The Mac and Bowles experiment needs to come to an end as soon as possible, they’ve shown enough incompetence that it’s time to move on.

Who would be your first choice for a new head coach?

22 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

DeFilippo, McDaniels, Bienemy is intriguing thus far. Harbaugh and Shaw if they considered leaving college.

Need to let more of the season play out. But one thing is for sure Todd Bowles is not NFL head coaching material.

55 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

An EXPERIENCED offensive mind. Experienced being the most important. No more first timers. I have also had enough of the 3-4 defense as well. If we switch to a 4-3 under or wide 9, I think we see much better pass rush, and consistent play from both Lee and Williams, just my pennies. 

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

An EXPERIENCED offensive mind. Experienced being the most important. No more first timers. I have also had enough of the 3-4 defense as well. If we switch to a 4-3 under or wide 9, I think we see much better pass rush, and consistent play from both Lee and Williams, just my pennies. 

Disagree on Williams being better in a 43, he’s not a pass rusher...period. Wish we took Beasley that year.

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

I’m down to definitely let him test the market. He’s far from a stud 

Wouldn’t be against putting him on the trade block to see if we can get some picks back. Re-sign Anderson and roll with him and Shep up front.

What Mayfield did the other night, I have never seen  before, and I saw all the great QB"s play going back to the early fifties. Otto Grahan, Norm Van Brocklin, Y A Title and all the QB's after them. For a guy with no NFL experience and only practice with the second team, to come into a game down 14 to 0 and throw nothing but strikes and destroy a secondary and win the game was unbelievable. IS HE A ONE HIT WONDER? Or we that PATHETIC.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

What Mayfield did the other night, I have never seen  before, and I saw all the great QB"s play going back to the early fifties. Otto Grahan, Norm Van Brocklin, Y A Title and all the QB's after them. For a guy with no NFL experience and only practice with the second team, to come into a game down 14 to 0 and throw nothing but strikes and destroy a secondary and win the game was unbelievable. IS HE A ONE HIT WONDER? Or we that PATHETIC.

Our HC is trash and called one of the most conservative games I’ve ever seen

Leonard Williams job isn't to get sacks. I'm by no means saying he's played great this season. But he plays a position that eats space that allows others to get the praise. Like Williamson, Lee and Adams for example. The problem on defense last night was 100% the playcalling. We were aggressive and coming after Taylor the whole 1st half. We got a lead and Mayfield came in and we went to pansy defensive calls. We quit sending creative blitzes mostly and sat on our heels. Which made us lose and made Mayfield look better than he is.

Archived