PFF lists Ryan Kerrigan as the perennial underrated pass rusher

turtle28

On 6/29/2018 at 10:54 AM, THESKINSFAN21 said:

I was just watching an interview with him and as they were talking about his stats I realize he is criminally underrated/under appreciated. Since entering the league he has 71.5 sacks. In the last 4 years he is 2nd only to Von Miller in Sacks. Since entering the league he has the most forced fumbles with 22. The guy is a beast no matter how you slice it. Very humble and great locker room guy. Dare I say he has a career year now that we finally(seemingly) have a legitimate defensive line? He's definitely my favorite player on the team.

The NFL's perennially underrated pass-rusher – Ryan Kerrigan https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-the-nfls-perennially-underrated-pass-rusher-ryan-kerrigan

I really think people should read the article I posted. He and Von Miller were both drafted in 2011, they both play LOLB and other than the one year in 2012 when Miller had 18.5 sacks, their careers pretty much mirror each other, especially with pressures production.

5 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

he is good but not elite

maybe with this front 4 he will get more sacks

It may work the opposite way. If Ioannidis, Allen and Payne gobble up some sacks and the front 7 is so effective that the D is on the field less bc they’re always getting off the field quickly, Kerrigan may end up with less sacks than the last 3 years.

He's been such as awesome Redskin. Hard working all year round, productive, never gets in trouble and is almost always on the field. That he is not a Redskins captain is ridiculous. Yeah he's not a loud mouth but Three Captains we have are all rejects from other teams. Pathetic. 

3 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

He's been such as awesome Redskin. Hard working all year round, productive, never gets in trouble and is almost always on the field. That he is not a Redskins captain is ridiculous. Yeah he's not a loud mouth but Three Captains we have are all rejects from other teams. Pathetic. 

I wonder if he doesn't want the "C". As the second longest tenured Redskin, you have to figure it would be his without a question. Perhaps he turns it down?

Players decide who their captains are, none of us are in the lockeroom. When you call out the captains as being rejects from other teams you’re essentially saying that the other players don’t know who their leaders should be. It’s their decision, fans shouldn’t really have an opinion on who is selected as it’s an internal team decision.

Archived