Best movie trilogy of all time?

KManX89

Best movie trilogy of all time?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best movie trilogy of all time?

• Star Wars Original
    • Star Wars Prequel
    • Lord of the Rings
    • Back to the Future
    • The Godfather
    • The Matrix
    • Spider-Man
    • The Dark Knight
    • Men in Black
    • Evil Dead
    • Other

10 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Glad I wasn't the first one to say this.

Then you got Eastwood telling the guys to apologize to his horse in the first one, which is one of the greatest scenes in movie history imo. And good, bad, ugly is just plain fun and has such a great cast. it's hard to pick a fave. I have a soft spot for Van Cleef though. I thought he was cooler than bronson.

4 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Two Towers was better than Return of the King, cmon guys.

Nah. I thought it was last in the trilogy.

I can't believe no one is even discussing The Godfather. Granted the 3rd wasnt great but the first two were so flawless does it really matter what the last one was like. 

Also want to nominate the Ocean's trilogy. Certainly not the best but it's very likable. 

On 24/09/2018 at 2:44 AM, Jeezla said:

Then you got Eastwood telling the guys to apologize to his horse in the first one, which is one of the greatest scenes in movie history imo. And good, bad, ugly is just plain fun and has such a great cast. it's hard to pick a fave. I have a soft spot for Van Cleef though. I thought he was cooler than bronson.

I'd consider myself a LVC fan too.

However, do you acknowledge "Once Upon a Time in the West" as not only the greatest spaghetti western, but also the greatest western of all time?

Hmmm, trying to rank these off the cuff:

Star Wars Original Trilogy
Lord of the Rings
Dollars Trilogy (got progressively better)
Godfather saga (easy winner if 3 could have replicated 1&2)
Captain America trilogy (hot take)
Nolan Batman
Back to the Future
Star Wars prequel

If you included Indiana Jones and Bourne ignoring the cash grabs, then IJ is 2, Bourne is just below Dollars

The Godfather.  The first two were just raised the bar too high for the third and expectations are too high.  Nothing that Sofia Coppola did was any worse than an Ewok or Marty and Doc in the Old West.  It was a mediocre movie that followed two near perfect movies.

Also, Lord of the Rings got progressively worse, as did the Hobbit.  

Archived