Jones - A Shutdown Corner?

D82

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

What a massive screwup playing him at S is proving to be

Yeah...I'll never understand why they went that route.

50 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Not saying he is or isn't, and agree playing Jones at CB is a much better fit, BUT being a shutdown corner has to be considered over time. but damn good start though.

True, certainly something he's going to have to show over period of time before officially being given the label...but he's showing the makings of being one - which is promising. 

With Byron's speed, size, and explosiveness, I thought he'd make a great safety. But he never seemed to have the ability to process what was going on in front of him quickly enough to take advantage of those qualities.

But what he's always been able to do is stick on a receiver like glue. Not surprised the transition has gone well for him. He's looking great. If I were the Cowboys, I'd try to re-sign him now. The price tag is only going up.

Just now, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

But what he's always been able to do is stick on a receiver like glue. Not surprised the transition has gone well for him. He's looking great. If I were the Cowboys, I'd try to re-sign him now. The price tag is only going up.

It definitely would be a smart move by the front office to try and get an extension done now. 

1 hour ago, D82 said:

Yeah...I'll never understand why they went that route.

True, certainly something he's going to have to show over period of time before officially being given the label...but he's showing the makings of being one - which is promising. 

We had Mo, Carr and Scandrick. Safety was the bigger need.

I love how we can't be happy about this

To be honest, why should we be? Jones' utilization the last prior years is a complete indictment on the coaching staff. It's hard to fathom that picking up his 5th year option was even a question. At least things are rectified now.

27 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I love how we can't be happy about this

To be honest, why should we be? Jones' utilization the last prior years is a complete indictment on the coaching staff. It's hard to fathom that picking up his 5th year option was even a question. At least things are rectified now.

To be fair, are we positive that Jones would be this good at corner if he wasnt the prototypical Richard CB?

Our past coach made Lewis look good. Lewis barely even plays now. 

Archived