Sign in to follow this  
RpMc

Week Three - Other Games

Joe Buck shoving his face up Aaron Rodgers backside even more to open the broadcast.  Happy Thursday everyone

I will never understand why a dead ball foul after a touchdown is enforced on the ensuing kickoff, and not immediately enforced on the extra point. 

Turning an extra point into a 47 yard field goal, or a 17 yard 2 point conversion try, seems like a much better punishment than simply moving a kickoff back. 

As a huge Mayfield fan, I’m conflicted. I want to see Mayfield lead an epic comeback. But I also enjoy seeing the Browns lose, just because the joke that is Hue Jackson never gets old. 

14 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I will never understand why a dead ball foul after a touchdown is enforced on the ensuing kickoff, and not immediately enforced on the extra point. 

Turning an extra point into a 47 yard field goal, or a 17 yard 2 point conversion try, seems like a much better punishment than simply moving a kickoff back. 

Penalty on the kicking team means you're giving the other team potentially much better field position on the next drive. Penalty on 1-2 point try means very little.

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

Home team now 3-0 on TNF. Hopefully we can make that 3-1 next Thursday.

I ALWAYS pick the home team on Thursdays.....but I broke my own rule last night (because Cleveland). Might have to break it again next week.

1 hour ago, Klomp said:

Penalty on the kicking team means you're giving the other team potentially much better field position on the next drive. Penalty on 1-2 point try means very little.

Potentially affecting the score >>>>>>> potentially affecting field position

8 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Potentially affecting the score >>>>>>> potentially affecting field position

potentially affecting field position  ≠   Moving the kick back 15 yards.

Kicking from 15 yards deeper almost certainly (not potentially) will effect field position.

I don't know whether 15 yards of field position has more of a an incremental effect on score on average than the average change in likelihood of scoring the PAT from 15 yards further back. I am sure the data exists if someone wants to mine it. I don't care enough myself to mine the data.

Edited by Cearbhall