Week 3: Green Bay Packers

Ghostnote

The last time the Packers came to town, they got shipped back to Green Bay with a butt whippin by Kirk Cousins. 

spirWA9.gif

While Rodgers might be a bit banged up, he is certainly still dangerous. 

I really don't like our ability to game plan against teams that don't matter, i.e., Colts, and I most certainly don't believe they are going to do anything but try to pass on this young Packers secondary. 

I, I, think we lose big. Big enough that I am not starting our defense against the Packers in fantasy. 

Packers 34

Redskins 9

Image result for BIKINI MODELS

Makes me want to go on vacation!

Related image

Waterfalls are amazing!

Related image

God Bless America!

Related image

That burger looks so good.9_9

Might want to change the opening line. The last time the Packers came to the big post office, Cousins lit them up in Sunday night football on 2016.

I think we have a very good secondary with a DL that can create inside pressure and make Rodgers uncomfortable in the pocket. The Packers WRs haven’t had a good year, we have a chance to play well vs them, I’m worried about Jimmy Graham.

On offense, we need to get AD going and CT going on some outside zone. The Packers secondary is young and inexperienced, as long as we can block Matthews, we should be able to face some success in the passing game. Unlike the last week, I want Crowder to get 6 to 8 targets and Reed to get around 10. It seemed we went away from them in the second halves of the last two weeks and I still don’t understand why. They need to be the focal point of offense on top of CT.

So... my optimistic side and my realistic side are battling extensively about this game. 

I want to believe this team can step up and play effectively in stopping the run and getting pressure on a not-100% Aaron Rodgers. I want to believe this team can move the ball downfield against a defense that is sporting many youngsters in the secondary and run effectively on the perimeter.

I believe what will happen is more along the lines of the Redskins become one dimensional and predictable on offense, are caught out of position on defense in crunch times and commit stupid penalties that could/should have been avoided.

I want to believe we can keep it close, 24-21 Redskins win.

I believe we will lose 27-13.

Borrowing from turtle (cannot easily quote it out of your message):

So, if this is accurate, the Redskins potentially will go into the Green Bay game with only three receivers who are healthy and know the playbook. But they left Simmie Cobbs on the practice squad.

WINNING!

6 minutes ago, Woz said:

Borrowing from turtle (cannot easily quote it out of your message):

So, if this is accurate, the Redskins potentially will go into the Green Bay game with only three receivers who are healthy and know the playbook. But they left Simmie Cobbs on the practice squad.

WINNING!

There must be something up with Cobbs that we don’t know. You claim he knows the playbook, but none of us know for sure. Possibly he doesn’t know the playbook we’ll enough or isn’t able to run all the routes well and that’s why we signed Floyd & Perriman because they’re vets who at least know NFL route concepts.

Just now, turtle28 said:

There must be something up with Cobbs that we don’t know. You claim he knows the playbook, but none of us know for sure. Possibly he doesn’t know the playbook we’ll enough or isn’t able to run all the routes well and that’s why we signed Floyd & Perriman because they’re vets who at least know NFL route concepts.

I have to assume he knows more of what the play calls are than a pair of guys who have been with the team for five days.

Just now, turtle28 said:

Yeah, but that doesn’t mean that Cobbs is able to run every route as well as them. 

In a general case, sure, okay. However, if you don't know that this play is supposed to be a curl vs. an out, then it doesn't really matter how much better you are running a given route, now does it?

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

In a general case, sure, okay. However, if you don't know that this play is supposed to be a curl vs. an out, then it doesn't really matter how much better you are running a given route, now does it?

For a WR it’s fairly simple to pick up that verbiage and I don’t think either will have a role this week, especially if Harris plays. 

Just now, turtle28 said:

Yeah, but that doesn’t mean that Cobbs is able to run every route as well as them. 

Let's assume for a moment he can only run 3 routes. At least you know if a play with that route is called you know he knows where to be. I would have next to zero confidence that Perriman or Floyd could do that.

Just now, turtle28 said:

For a WR it’s fairly simple to pick up that verbiage and I don’t think either will have a role this week, especially if Harris plays. 

Somehow, I suspect it isn't that simple.

Also, given that Harris is questionable on Friday with a concussion, I think he's likely to be out. Richardson is more likely since he played through the injury.

Archived