Week 3: Green Bay Packers

Ghostnote

3 hours ago, Woz said:

Let's assume for a moment he can only run 3 routes. At least you know if a play with that route is called you know he knows where to be. I would have next to zero confidence that Perriman or Floyd could do that.

Somehow, I suspect it isn't that simple.

Also, given that Harris is questionable on Friday with a concussion, I think he's likely to be out. Richardson is more likely since he played through the injury.

I don’t know that Gruden/Cavanaugh/O’Connor/Hillard have zero confidence in Floyd or Perriman, that’s an assumption. 

I think it’s become painfully obvious that they don’t have the same confidence in Cobbs given he didn’t make the team over Quinn or Sims and now they’ve brought in 3 WRs to have on the active roster over him.

It is probably true that Floyd and Perriman  don’t know the whole playbook, but the defense doesn’t know which plays they know and don’t know so, that doesn’t hurt us.

Harris has been out for a month with his concussion, I’d have to believe he’s nearing his return. If he was close to being out, they would have labeled him as “doubtful” and not questionable. Questionable tells me he’s very likely to be playing this week.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t know that Gruden/Cavanaugh/O’Connor/Hillard have zero confidence in Floyd or Perriman, that’s an assumption. 

I don't know when it exactly happened (it would depend exactly when they signed), but both Floyd and Perriman celebrated their 100 hour anniversary with the Redskins sometime today. What could you possibly install in the gameplan for the Packers that would use them?

I think it’s become painfully obvious that they don’t have the same confidence in Cobbs given he didn’t make the team over Quinn or Sims and now they’ve brought in 3 WRs to have on the active roster over him.

Quick was here the entire offseason, working out with the team, working the concepts, (hopefully) establishing a rapport with Smith. He made sense to resign.

Floyd and Perriman ... weren't and don't.

Maybe they can do something for week 5 via a crash-course over the bye week, but for right now, they offer the team nothing. They would have been better served activating Cobbs, if only for this week.

It is probably true that Floyd and Perriman don’t know the whole playbook, but the defense doesn’t know which plays they know and don’t know so, that doesn’t hurt us.

Since the Packers defense should not know any of the Redskins' plays, I'm not sure how that's a positive. Honestly, if I were the Packers, I would just assume that if Floyd or Perriman are on the field that they are decoys/"oh ess" options.

Harris has been out for a month with his concussion, I’d have to believe he’s nearing his return. If he was close to being out, they would have labeled him as “doubtful” and not questionable. Questionable tells me he’s very likely to be playing this week.

The "full participation in practice" probably is more meaningful. Still have the problem of Richardson ("limited participation").

No matter how you slice it, the Redskins receiving corps is a MASH unit right now.

11 hours ago, Woz said:

I don't know when it exactly happened (it would depend exactly when they signed), but both Floyd and Perriman celebrated their 100 hour anniversary with the Redskins sometime today. What could you possibly install in the gameplan for the Packers that would use them?

Quick was here the entire offseason, working out with the team, working the concepts, (hopefully) establishing a rapport with Smith. He made sense to resign.

Floyd and Perriman ... weren't and don't.

Maybe they can do something for week 5 via a crash-course over the bye week, but for right now, they offer the team nothing. They would have been better served activating Cobbs, if only for this week.

Since the Packers defense should not know any of the Redskins' plays, I'm not sure how that's a positive. Honestly, if I were the Packers, I would just assume that if Floyd or Perriman are on the field that they are decoys/"oh ess" options.

The "full participation in practice" probably is more meaningful. Still have the problem of Richardson ("limited participation").

No matter how you slice it, the Redskins receiving corps is a MASH unit right now.

As long as they target Crowder more I’ll be fine with it. We have Quick too, obviously he’s not the same wr with speed that Richardson is but Quick is a vet with size that knows the offense, runs good routes and can make tough contested catches.

?  Larry Michael done lost his mind! What exactly is a skintangible? Whoever thought of that needs to be canned immediately.

I am so sick of Larry Michaels. He is Danny's yes man and has his nose so far up Snyder's butt its crazy. He might as well be captain of the cheerleaders. Cannot stand the guy and he is worthless in the organization other than to rah rah Danny's brilliance. 

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

?  Larry Michael done lost his mind! What exactly is a skintangible? Whoever thought of that needs to be canned immediately.

Mindless corporate shill is going to mindlessly shill for his corporation.

1 hour ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Of all the things that bug me about the Redskins, Larry Michael is the worst

The worst part for me is I want to like him because he’s from Montgomery County, MD too (silver spring) but it’s impossible to like him unless you’re just a blind homer.

9 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Miserable weather in Raljon. What do you think the over/under is for empty seats? I’m going with 25k

25K seems like a good number, but I’ll go over and say 40k. I think the stadium will be 1/2 empty.

I hate that the stadium is half empty but this is truly the only way to enact change on this organization. I read an article about it earlier in the week, I think in the Washington post that having an empty stadium is what could actually work to get Bruce Allen eventually canned.

Archived