Todd Bowles

NJerseypaint

2 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

I like Defelippo and LaFleur

Liking one during pre firing coach.

Liking one at hiring.

Liking one during coaching.

Liking one at burnout, retirement, stupidly fired.

I had experienced with first two but never next 2. It is difficult for me to think which coach that will meet the last two. lol.

9 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Wow... Espn just reported that Todd Haley or/and Hue Jackson could be fired.  damn. I know Todd Haley is a hard head but wow.

Hue Jackson is an atrocious HC and significantly worse than Todd Bowles which is sad. I LOVE Todd Haley though. Not sure if hes HC material but hes a great OC.

56 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Hue Jackson is an atrocious HC and significantly worse than Todd Bowles which is sad. I LOVE Todd Haley though. Not sure if hes HC material but hes a great OC.

yeah.. NBCsports has him at 218th out of 219 in NFL history.   Surprisingly, he can't beat Rich Kotite.  lol.

Edit.. NVM, I thought he sucked as Eagles' HC but his record showed he started strong and finished meh.   Only Bert Bell had the worst (10 wins over 6 years)

9 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I have no idea how I did it but I accidentally stumbled into a certain website. The article was made in 2015.

http://www.thetribesports.com/welcome-todd-bowles-btw-youll-be-fired-in-3-5-years/

Jets-Black-Monday-Letter-III.jpg?w=1000

I said right after we hired him it was a mistake. He was the wrong guy for the new NFL, which is all about offensive.

We need A MIND. A leader, a coach that commands respects and instills discipline. Yes it would be nice for that guy to be from an offensive pedigree, but ill take the first three traits over the coaches side of the ball. I still want Jim Harbaugh the most. That guy would be a program builder. Hiring OCs with no play calling experience or 1 year of doing it would be a monumental mistake and we will be doing this again in 3-5 years. 

12 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

We need A MIND. A leader, a coach that commands respects and instills discipline. Yes it would be nice for that guy to be from an offensive pedigree, but ill take the first three traits over the coaches side of the ball. I still want Jim Harbaugh the most. That guy would be a program builder. Hiring OCs with no play calling experience or 1 year of doing it would be a monumental mistake and we will be doing this again in 3-5 years. 

Thank you. I agree with all of this. One of the coaches we were aiming for took the Falcons to the SB and has had one of the best offenses in the league after being a DC in Seattle. Just need someone who understands systems on both sides of the ball & manage the game. I would go all in for JH. Chances could be better with a 21 franchise QB. 

3 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Thank you. I agree with all of this. One of the coaches we were aiming for took the Falcons to the SB and has had one of the best offenses in the league after being a DC in Seattle. Just need someone who understands systems on both sides of the ball & manage the game. I would go all in for JH. Chances could be better with a 21 franchise QB. 

I want the one who ain't afraid of asking personal question to the certain kid. lol.    Sadly, Hue Jackson and Todd Bowles have been around NFL for many years as high level coaches. 

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

I said right after we hired him it was a mistake. He was the wrong guy for the new NFL, which is all about offensive.

I felt similar until Jets become aggressive in FA and trade to get veterans at Woody's request.  Stupid Ryan Fitzpatrick who held out until last minute for season 2.  Bowles did try solid coaches like John Defilippo and Matt Nagy for OC gig but no luck.  Bowles ended up with John Morton who had no problem headbutting with Bowles.

42 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Jim H could bring Greg Roman back. You down with it?

Adam Gase, Dirk Koetter, and Hue Jackson have experience at play calling.  They should work out just fine under Jim H if available.

What people forget is that we’re not a desirable franchise. That’s why FA don’t come here. It’s not like we get to just pick whoever and get them. Odds are we’d have to take a chance on someone. The Rams did and it did great for them. We need something similar.

12 hours ago, JetsandI said:

I felt similar until Jets become aggressive in FA and trade to get veterans at Woody's request.  Stupid Ryan Fitzpatrick who held out until last minute for season 2.  Bowles did try solid coaches like John Defilippo and Matt Nagy for OC gig but no luck.  Bowles ended up with John Morton who had no problem headbutting with Bowles.

I didn't know that about Fitz holding out. Did you ever see his mansion in Central Jersey? I can't every remember a QB who could look so good at times, and look like he never played the game at other times. Like yesterday, he  came in down two TD's  after they yank Winston after his fourth INT. And had two long TD drives and a two point conversion to tie the game.

4 hours ago, doumeyer said:

I didn't know that about Fitz holding out. Did you ever see his mansion in Central Jersey? I can't every remember a QB who could look so good at times, and look like he never played the game at other times. Like yesterday, he  came in down two TD's  after they yank Winston after his fourth INT. And had two long TD drives and a two point conversion to tie the game.

Well, he wasn't technically a holdout since he was FA that time. He simply played golf waiting for Jets to dive in and give him $$ he wanted.  Eric Decker and Brandon Marshall whined about Jets moving on with Geno Smith.

And no, I didn't have that opportunity to see his mansion.

Archived