Todd Bowles

NJerseypaint

20 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I disagree this year. 21 year old QB who looks ahead of schedule behind bad oline and with zero weapons, young pieces on defense and 100 mil in cap and new jersey’s in 2019. We are ten times more attractive to both coaches and FA. 

I hope you’re right. I see it as we have a young QB that should help us more than in years past... but if we get an offensive mind, then looking at our roster and saying that we need WAY too much work done of offense to want the job.

4 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Woody isn’t involved with the team as of now and tbh I’d rather our owner stayed quite than being vocal

Woody has never been involved. This is what happens when the owner stays quite. What business owner stays quite when the company is all messed up. We need owners like Kraft & Jerry Jones, our hope is these useless two clowns sell the team.

7 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Woody has never been involved. This is what happens when the owner stays quite. What business owner stays quite when the company is all messed up. We need owners like Kraft & Jerry Jones, our hope is these useless two clowns sell the team.

First of all Belichick has said publicly, that when the owner starts to involve himself with football matters, it's time to leave. Kraft keeps quiet and let's Bill work his magic. Second, the cowboys would be a disaster if Jerry's son wasn't around. He's the level headed one who keeps his dad from doing anything stupid. 

2 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

First of all Belichick has said publicly, that when the owner starts to involve himself with football matters, it's time to leave. Kraft keeps quiet and let's Bill work his magic. Second, the cowboys would be a disaster if Jerry's son wasn't around. He's the level headed one who keeps his dad from doing anything stupid. 

So what you are tell me you are happy with the two Trust Fund kids, that allows the mess in the Jets front office to continue. I guess you are one of these guys that loves 5-11 seasons.

19 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

What? Woody caused the whole Tebow debacle and awarded Revis a final payday so he could take a dump on the field for an entire season. The less we get from Woody, the better.

5 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

So what you are tell me you are happy with the two Trust Fund kids, that allows the mess in the Jets front office to continue. I guess you are one of these guys that loves 5-11 seasons.

Not at all, I'm just simply correcting you, becuase the two examples you have didn't do anything except find the right people to run their teams and not get involved. I am also stating, that the jets owners getting more involved won't solve any problems either. We were in an even worse state when woody was involved and running around voicing his opinion. Now if he wants to fire Macc then so be it, but bring another guy in with a scouting background an be quiet and let him do his job. 

However, I believe Macc isn't going anywhere, at least not this year. He'll finally have his chance to hire his own head coach, which in my opinion is more important right now. That much I I think will happen. 

7 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

What? Woody caused the whole Tebow debacle and awarded Revis a final payday so he could take a dump on the field for an entire season. The less we get from Woody, the better.

Another guy happy with 5-11 seasons. The Johnson are the only ones that can fire Bowles & Macc.

16 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Another guy happy with 5-11 seasons. The Johnson are the only ones that can fire Bowles & Macc.

And they were the guys responsible in hiring them too. We're better off without Woody being in the center of team decisions because his only cares are ticket and jersey sales.

Really thinking about what we will do in the offseason... and I really don’t see anyway if the season has gone even a bit worse than it has, that we fire Macc or Bowles. And here’s my reasoning.......

We knew and everyone knew that this team wasn’t supposed to be good. This year was about Darnold and rebuilding. We’ve been banged up in some areas that have made us not look so good (WR and CB mainly). I think if this team can get to 5 wins and stay somewhat competitive... these 2 are safe. I’m not a fan of either, but it is what it is.

My bigger issue is this free agent class. We have several of our own players we have to bring back, but after keeping the obvious ones, we will still have close to 80+mill in cap space. The issue is outside a couple edge guys and Leveon Bell... there’s no big FAs. The WR group isn’t good with Funchess (who I doubt leaves), Benjamin and Moncrief as the only younger names worth noting. The OL class isn’t great either. So you look at what we need and the positions available, they don’t line up outside of edge rusher. There’s a couple guys I’d drop big money on, but like in years past... if they choose elsewhere, we are stuck with cap space and no one to spend it on.

43 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think if this team can get to 5 wins and stay somewhat competitive... these 2 are safe. I’m not a fan of either, but it is what it is.

We better get to 5 wins. We see the Bills twice, and if we can't beat Peterman then our coaching staff is hopeless.

32 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

We better get to 5 wins. We see the Bills twice, and if we can't beat Peterman then our coaching staff is hopeless.

If we end up with five wins this season, that would make it three years in a row we go 5-11. With all the high draft we have had the past several that is going to be unacceptable, and should cost Macc, & Bowels their jobs

3 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Bowles won’t be back. Mac probably will but Bowles isn’t getting another year. If they do decide to keep him then both need to be canned after a disappointing 2019.

Don't be so sure.  I could easily see them both returning and having a 2019 playoff or bust type season.  Ownership won't ever say that publicly but I could easily see that.

By just firing Bowles and letting Mac pick a new coach probably buys him another 3 years or so and I'm not ready to commit to Mac for that long.

I actually prefer to give them both 2019 and if they fail then clean house and bring in a bright young GM to run the show. 

3 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Don't be so sure.  I could easily see them both returning and having a 2019 playoff or bust type season.  Ownership won't ever say that publicly but I could easily see that.

By just firing Bowles and letting Mac pick a new coach probably buys him another 3 years or so and I'm not ready to commit to Mac for that long.

I actually prefer to give them both 2019 and if they fail then clean house and bring in a bright young GM to run the show. 

I wouldnt be opposed to that. If we have a really bad second half of the season though, the fans will be very loud about even potentially cleaning house now as we should. It is better to do this now in Darnolds career as opposed to midway through. We have the QB for once, now we need the guys to build the rest of the team. 

Archived