Todd Bowles

NJerseypaint

38 minutes ago, Colt45fool said:

Bowles and Bates are kind of a joke. Bowles didnt think about benching Spencer Long according to his press conference. excuse me...long has been snapping the ball out of shotguh poorly all season. 

Now he is associating it with a real injury and Bates doesnt have the mental fortitude to take Darnold out of shotgun. What the hell is wrong with these people...

Bates said afterwards that he's keeping Darnold is shotgun so he has more time to read the defense, because when QBs snap under center they are first watching the pass rush. With Long's snaps though, I'm pretty sure that time advantage was negligible.

3 minutes ago, Colt45fool said:

Bowles and Bates are kind of a joke. Bowles didnt think about benching Spencer Long according to his press conference. excuse me...long has been snapping the ball out of shotguh poorly all season. 

Now he is associating it with a real injury and Bates doesnt have the mental fortitude to take Darnold out of shotgun. What the hell is wrong with these people...

Long has been battling finger issue all the season. It won't heal properly.   That is only the problem when you ask for a decent snap. Another problem he could not move well due to his bum knee.   He has been dealing a various degree of injury during his NFL career.  He seemingly can't stay healthy so it is very good chance that Jets will have to release him after the season.

Bates should know better than that. No question about that.

2 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Bates said afterwards that he's keeping Darnold is shotgun so he has more time to read the defense, because when QBs snap under center they are first watching the pass rush. With Long's snaps though, I'm pretty sure that time advantage was eligible.

How about half of distance?  Positioning Darnold based on Long's ability to snap cleanly is necessary.

29 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

How about half of distance?  Positioning Darnold based on Long's ability to snap cleanly is necessary.

Changing up anything would've better than nothing. "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

1 minute ago, NJerseypaint said:

Changing up anything would've better than nothing. "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

I couldn't spell "disagree" here.

Adjustment is important for players' sake.  No adjustment could make players feel quitters no matter who are they.

6 hours ago, KBS756 said:

Bruce arians ?

jim Harbaugh ?

I think both are pipe dreams unfortunately because I'd love to have either. A name I have seen recently is Iowa state's coach Matt Campbell. I have done some research on him, I wouldn't mind it if he was our new coach. 

On 11/5/2018 at 2:53 PM, Colt45fool said:

If long has issues snapping the ball in the formation a majority of our plays are coming from he shouldnt be playing center. Swap him to guard. Or bench him. It imploded this week and its been a sore subject for a while now

Carpenter and Winters are starting and Jets are paying Long a starting money.  That is a problem.  Still, Jets should do something for better result.

Archived