Todd Bowles

NJerseypaint

Arians won't coach Jets.  He has been a pal of Todd Bowles so it is personal.

Harbaugh and McDaniel will require Jets to flush out the regime. McDaniel left Colts because he didn't see the compatibility with newly appointed GM Chris Ballard. After what happened to Jets' Bowles and Maccagnan, McDaniel looks smarter.  I will be happier if Christopher Johnson allows it but it is still a risk because Woody can quit speaking English with fake accents and returns to Jets anytime in near future.  By that, I mean HC's perspective on Jets' situation.

Riley?  Ha!

DeFilippo appears to be an one mind idiot. Be aware of that and find right DC because Jets have a lot of good talents in that unit.

LaFleur?  Nah too early.  

Carmichael is the best choice for Jets. I can see him and Maccagnan working together better than the relationship with Bowles. Surely, he is a Parcell disciple but he does make adjustments to make game strategy workable. That is THE key.

On 11/7/2018 at 11:12 AM, JetsandI said:

Arians won't coach Jets.  He has been a pal of Todd Bowles so it is personal.

Harbaugh and McDaniel will require Jets to flush out the regime. McDaniel left Colts because he didn't see the compatibility with newly appointed GM Chris Ballard. After what happened to Jets' Bowles and Maccagnan, McDaniel looks smarter.  I will be happier if Christopher Johnson allows it but it is still a risk because Woody can quit speaking English with fake accents and returns to Jets anytime in near future.  By that, I mean HC's perspective on Jets' situation.

Riley?  Ha!

DeFilippo appears to be an one mind idiot. Be aware of that and find right DC because Jets have a lot of good talents in that unit.

LaFleur?  Nah too early.  

Carmichael is the best choice for Jets. I can see him and Maccagnan working together better than the relationship with Bowles. Surely, he is a Parcell disciple but he does make adjustments to make game strategy workable. That is THE key.

Agree about Bruce
Riley is a long shot
DeFilippo seems like a good possibility.  Don't know where the idiot narrative came from.
LaFleur would be a good hire IMO
Carmichael is a guy who seems like a good hire but he's been in NO for so long there has to be a reason why he's not leaving.

Other young hot names in college include Kingbury, Frost and Candle.  They all are known for their great offenses so they could be worthy of a look.  Dare I say even Lane Kiffin.

39 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Agree about Bruce
Riley is a long shot
DeFilippo seems like a good possibility.  Don't know where the idiot narrative came from.
Carmichael is a guy who seems like a good hire but he's been in NO for so long there has to be a reason why he's not leaving.

Other young hot names in college include Kingbury, Frost and Candle.  They all are known for their great offenses so they could be worthy of a look.  Dare I say even Lane Kiffin.

I've heard Matt Campball's name thrown around. Supposedly NFL exec's love how he runs Iowa state's program and he has a reputation as a very smart offensive mind. 

On 11/9/2018 at 12:37 PM, Rockice_8 said:

Agree about Bruce
Riley is a long shot

I have heard that DeFilippo could not handle any more than one unit. Maybe it is a con in order to keep him within the system but he moves around a lot. His longest stay was 3 years with Raiders as qb coach (second stint).  Maybe he bombed his first HC interview(s) last year.  Whatever as long as he hires right DC and stupid points will go away.

Yeah, Carmichael has lived with Drew Brees.  I don't know what kind of coach he would be without Drew Brees.

On 11/9/2018 at 1:17 PM, mattmanz91 said:

I've heard Matt Campball's name thrown around. Supposedly NFL exec's love how he runs Iowa state's program and he has a reputation as a very smart offensive mind. 

Oh Yeah, I like Campbell a lot. Brock Purdy in 3 or 4 years if Sam Darnold blows. lol.   Success with Toledo and ISU makes him look good but he likes to run a lot.  Is that all right with you?

It looks like Matt LaFleur may be a better option for Sam Darnold. No, it had nothing to do with Titans blowing out Patriots.

Jeremy Bates and Rick Dennison came the similar tree as Matt LaFleur.  Kyle Shanahan was GA to Karl Dorrell in UCLA.

I know that offense blows but LaFleur can clean up this sloppy offense and enhance to new offense. It may be better than tearing up the old offense and relearning the new offense. Surely, Darnold is intelligent enough to absorb any kind of playbook that is thrown at him but he is young and his supporting cast needs to understand playbook well to play good game with Darnold being under center.   Still, one independent year sounds like a high risk for Jets.

I blame Bowles just as much (if not more) for this team. It’s true injustice is in the actual players. We all gave him a pass the 1st few bc we said it takes a couple years to truly build a team. This is his 4th season. And most these offseason she’s had very high picks and a ton of money to work with in FA. Trust me I’m all for firing Bowles bc I dislike him a ton. I hate the idea of any defensive coach for this team at the moment (and back when we hired him).

But the real issue on this team is talent. Especially on offense. We on offense literally have not a proven players that’s worth a darn. We have role players (Enunwa, Crowell, etc.) But in reality no one. I can look around the league and give countless examples how other teams have gotten it rightwhen he haven’t. KC got a Mahomes have given him... Hunt, Kelce, Hill, Watkins. Chicago has given Trubisky... Howard, Cohen, Burton, AR15, Miller. Philly has given Wentz... Ajayi, Jeffrey, Agholor, Ertz, Tate. Rams have given Goff... Gurley, Woods, Kupp, Cooks. I can keep going. These are just examples of how normal GMs surround their investments with talent. Macc did not a damn thing to make this offense better for Darnold for his rookie year. He gets paid a lot of money to not only do that... but to look ahead to the future. He should have known the FA class on offense this offseason was awful. There’s literally no one to spend our 100mill on. We have 3 quality picks. Which I highly doubt we spend all on offense so maybe just 1 or 2 to upgrade this team on offense. We are clueless on how to build a team. Somehow after years we still think defense wins. You’d figure our history of always being bad would make us say “let’s try something different” yet no.

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I blame Bowles just as much (if not more) for this team. It’s true injustice is in the actual players. We all gave him a pass the 1st few bc we said it takes a couple years to truly build a team. This is his 4th season. And most these offseason she’s had very high picks and a ton of money to work with in FA. Trust me I’m all for firing Bowles bc I dislike him a ton. I hate the idea of any defensive coach for this team at the moment (and back when we hired him).

But the real issue on this team is talent. Especially on offense. We on offense literally have not a proven players that’s worth a darn. We have role players (Enunwa, Crowell, etc.) But in reality no one. I can look around the league and give countless examples how other teams have gotten it rightwhen he haven’t. KC got a Mahomes have given him... Hunt, Kelce, Hill, Watkins. Chicago has given Trubisky... Howard, Cohen, Burton, AR15, Miller. Philly has given Wentz... Ajayi, Jeffrey, Agholor, Ertz, Tate. Rams have given Goff... Gurley, Woods, Kupp, Cooks. I can keep going. These are just examples of how normal GMs surround their investments with talent. Macc did not a damn thing to make this offense better for Darnold for his rookie year. He gets paid a lot of money to not only do that... but to look ahead to the future. He should have known the FA class on offense this offseason was awful. There’s literally no one to spend our 100mill on. We have 3 quality picks. Which I highly doubt we spend all on offense so maybe just 1 or 2 to upgrade this team on offense. We are clueless on how to build a team. Somehow after years we still think defense wins. You’d figure our history of always being bad would make us say “let’s try something different” yet no.

Scratch Chiefs off because Andy Reid is still HC one year after they drafted Pat Mahomes.   Bears and Rams are in the same boat.  New QB and then new HC in the following offseason.

edit... Scratch Eagles off since they won SB on Wentz' 2nd year.

54 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Scratch Chiefs off because Andy Reid is still HC one year after they drafted Pat Mahomes.   Bears and Rams are in the same boat.  New QB and then new HC in the following offseason.

edit... Scratch Eagles off since they won SB on Wentz' 2nd year.

I won’t scratch them. Bc my point is that these teams invested high picks on a franchise QB, but also spent money and quality draft picks on talent to give that QB. We gave Darnold not a damn thing.

Bowles has shown how little he brings to the team. The low energy, the tired defensive mindset, etc. But I agree with those who say it's mostly the talent on the team, or lack thereof.

So what about Maccagnon? So far, he's collected a decent DE with a top pick, an overdrafted LB with a mid first, two safeties with first and second round picks in a year deep in DBs, passing on Watson and Mahomes. 

It only gets worse after the first round selections for the most part. Smith, Maudlin, Hack, passing a center for Stewart and Hansen. 

On the positive side, Mac had the foresight to move up to pick three predraft to grab a QB. He had some success with Fitz and McCown temporarily stabilized the LT position with Beachum. Looks like he got a player in Herndon and possibly Shell, the two midrounders I can think of one could point to as successes.

I'm torn on whether to trust him with the hiring process of a new coach, or spending the enormous cap money the Jets will have available next year. His track record is mixed at best in the years he's been here, although he's never gotten to choose his own coach, which is what comes with working for this dysfunctional ownership group.

20 minutes ago, Harris Smith said:

Bowles has shown how little he brings to the team. The low energy, the tired defensive mindset, etc. But I agree with those who say it's mostly the talent on the team, or lack thereof.

So what about Maccagnon? So far, he's collected a decent DE with a top pick, an overdrafted LB with a mid first, two safeties with first and second round picks in a year deep in DBs, passing on Watson and Mahomes. 

It only gets worse after the first round selections for the most part. Smith, Maudlin, Hack, passing a center for Stewart and Hansen. 

On the positive side, Mac had the foresight to move up to pick three predraft to grab a QB. He had some success with Fitz and McCown temporarily stabilized the LT position with Beachum. Looks like he got a player in Herndon and possibly Shell, the two midrounders I can think of one could point to as successes.

I'm torn on whether to trust him with the hiring process of a new coach, or spending the enormous cap money the Jets will have available next year. His track record is mixed at best in the years he's been here, although he's never gotten to choose his own coach, which is what comes with working for this dysfunctional ownership group.

I honestly don't know if we should trust MM when the ownership finally gives the full charge of the team to MM.  If that happens I better off stay away forums. lol.

Archived