Todd Bowles

NJerseypaint

Reports that Bowles has already been fired. Just do it already, stop wasting time. Sometimes these things galvanize a team and it’d be nice to see them not just going through the motions every Sunday. Get Bowles out (let doumeyer coach for all I care) and let the team get behind Darnold and win some games down the stretch.

4 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Reports that Bowles has already been fired. Just do it already, stop wasting time. Sometimes these things galvanize a team and it’d be nice to see them not just going through the motions every Sunday. Get Bowles out (let doumeyer coach for all I care) and let the team get behind Darnold and win some games down the stretch.

The meeting will be held tomorrow morning. Nothing we can do to speed it up.

5 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

There is literally no point in keeping Macc

He has done nothing since he got here

There is also not a much of GM critical activity in 2nd half of the season.  I would love to poach some OL from other team's PS for 2nd half season but it is not a 100 pct upgrade to current OL due to chemistry and unfamiliarity. 

12 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Yup. Drafting and FA aside, he's responsible for keeping Kacy, firing Morton, and promoting Bates. Better to start with a clean slate.

There's many reasons to not want to keep Macc, but I don't think you can pin Bowles' coaching staff on Macc. Bowles does not report to Macc. And Bowles gets to pick his staff. Kacy/Morton and all that stuff fall on Bowles.

1 minute ago, NJerseypaint said:

Yup. Drafting and FA aside, he's responsible for keeping Kacy, firing Morton, and promoting Bates. Better to start with a clean slate.

Coaches and active roster are Bowles'.    Bowles made the call to fire Morton.  MM and Bowles happen to like Jeremy Bates at the same time. whatever!

3 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I’d be down for

President if F.O.: Scot McGloughn

GM: Brian Himerdinger

HC: Matt LaFluer or John Harbaugh

LaFluer is becoming my number choice for HC. He's been around a lot of offensive guys that have had success in recent years. And he is now having success with the Titans with a young QB. I haven't had the chance to watch the Titans, but watching the Rams offense, I think that system would work well for Darnold. It also the way I would like the Jets to play...fast, creative, etc. I mean the Rams actually run tons of Jets sweeps, misdirections. It's fun to watch. Coaching matters. Look at Robert Woods. The Bills gave up on him and now he is taking off.

I think Enunwa, Anderson, Herndon and McGuire are keepers. We still need another WR and RB as well as a better OL though. 

8 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

There's many reasons to not want to keep Macc, but I don't think you can pin Bowle's coaching staff on Macc. Bowles does not report to Macc. And Bowles gets to pick his staff. Kacy/Morton and all that stuff fall on Bowles.

6 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Coaches and active roster are Bowles'.    Bowles made the call to fire Morton.  MM and Bowles happen to like Jeremy Bates at the same time. whatever!

God this makes me hate Bowles so much more then. It's incompetence through and through.

1 minute ago, NJerseypaint said:

God this makes me hate Bowles so much more then. It's incompetence through and through.

He's terrible. Macc needs to go also. He's 2018 free agent class is a disaster. Tru, Crowell and Long are bust. Long is gone next year and won't hurt us. Maybe Crowell gets better with better blocking. We can also get rid of Crowell with minimal damage to the cap. Trumaine Johnson though. That guy is going to be here at least another 2 years. 

Why in the world is Buster Skrine still getting playing time? It's like we are not watching the same game. Daryl Roberts has been our second best CB this year and yet he is 4th on the depth chart. It's like the Long situation. Bowles lives and dies by his guys. Unfortunately for him, his guys never step up. 

15 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

LaFluer is becoming my number choice for HC. He's been around a lot of offensive guys that have had success in recent years. And he is now having success with the Titans with a young QB. I haven't had the chance to watch the Titans, but watching the Rams offense, I think that system would work well for Darnold. It also the way I would like the Jets to play...fast, creative, etc. I mean the Rams actually run tons of Jets sweeps, misdirections. It's fun to watch. Coaching matters. Look at Robert Woods. The Bills gave up on him and now he is taking off.

I think Enunwa, Anderson, Herndon and McGuire are keepers. We still need another WR and RB as well as a better OL though. 

LaFleur and Matt Camball are my top 2 

Assuming the ownership creates the position that has full football operation power for real,  it goes to

#1 Mike Shanahan.

He could try to lure Gary Kubiak back into coaching.  If not, Matt LaFleur may be best next thing in the system, the one Mike has only known.

#2 Jim Harbaugh.

He runs old fashioned game with some creative up in his sleeves. He can come to Jets if he likes Sam Darnold that much otherwise forget it.

#3 John Harbaugh.

He always hires veterans for OC and DC so which veteran OC can pull the offense out of below below below average to at least average on the very first season?

#4 Jeff Ireland.

Dennis Allen as HC?  I don't know but Ireland is seemingly able to find talents for next generation game.  That is the key for Jets.

#5 Bruce Arians.

Would love to see him steal Freddie Kitchens from Browns. lol. 

#6 Scott Pioli.

That would make Josh McDaniel more attractive to Jets.

Archived