Todd Bowles

NJerseypaint

21 minutes ago, Colt45fool said:

We havent gone in a differemt route in upwards of two decades. The last non hot coordinator was who? Parcells?

Yes but Jets have never hired hot OFFENSIVE coordinator during that span. 

Complaining against hiring hot offensive coordinator holds no merit at all. 

Wow... I just finished looking up Jets HC history via pro football reference site.

Only Bruce Coslet was hired as HC when he was OC (Bengals).  Joe Walton was promoted from OC to HC.

That's it.

The mark of non hiring OC pushes back to 1990. That makes 10 years before Parcells was done coaching for Jets.  Ouch!

58 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Wow... I just finished looking up Jets HC history via pro football reference site.

Only Bruce Coslet was hired as HC when he was OC (Bengals).  Joe Walton was promoted from OC to HC.

That's it.

The mark of non hiring OC pushes back to 1990. That makes 10 years before Parcells was done coaching for Jets.  Ouch!

When you think about it, the success Parcells had here led to the FO being led by his disciples for a decade who likewise were defensive oriented-Bradway , Tannenbaum. In turn, defensive guys were hired to be HC's, and the management prioritized feeding those coaches with players to fit their schemes.

18 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Us and 20 other teams. We need a program builder. We have zero identity on any side of the ball. 

Facts. The hot coordinator is a recipe for disaster. 

We need our Belichick or at least our Tomlin. As much flake as he gets the Steeers are consistently in the mix of going to the AFCCG and SB. 

Whos that guy? I’m not sure but he’s out there and I hope we identify him. 

14 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

We need our Belichick or at least our Tomlin. As much flake as he gets the Steeers are consistently in the mix of going to the AFCCG and SB. 

They're consistently in the mix bc they have a good QB and draft very well. We haven't had a good QB in forever and draft God awful. Our teams cant be more different. Same goes for NE. They have Brady, so the ballgame is totally different.

16 hours ago, Harris Smith said:

When you think about it, the success Parcells had here led to the FO being led by his disciples for a decade who likewise were defensive oriented-Bradway , Tannenbaum. In turn, defensive guys were hired to be HC's, and the management prioritized feeding those coaches with players to fit their schemes.

Yeah... Woody Johnson bought the franchise during Bill Parcells era.  Jets are stuck in the original vision.

Alright, I might get skewered for this but Rex Ryan. Why is he not coaching in the NFL? I would love to have this guy as a DC. He is a top 5 DC in this league. A lot of his short comings with the Jets came with his position as HC. But his influence on our defense was outstanding. With how angry he spoke about the Jets current situation, it's clear he has a soft spot for the Jets. He was one of the few coaches to try and attack the main issue plaguing this franchise and that's it's culture. He broke through but his short comings as HC eventually did him in. I don't think he will be a successful HC, but that guy should be one of those guys who coaches defense into his later years.

My current dream scenario is 

HC: Matt Lafleur

DC: Rex Ryan (This D will be top 10 if just give Rex an upgrade at edge) - He also knows how to recruit players

OC: Zach Taylor (We are already actually rumored to be interested)

I won't even think of GM because it doesn't seem like a change there is in the cards unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

The Harbaugh's are the only guys I can think of. Neither is available at the moment, but John Harbaugh maybe on the way out in Baltimore. 

16 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Alright, I might get skewered for this but Rex Ryan. Why is he not coaching in the NFL? I would love to have this guy as a DC. He is a top 5 DC in this league. A lot of his short comings with the Jets came with his position as HC. But his influence on our defense was outstanding. With how angry he spoke about the Jets current situation, it's clear he has a soft spot for the Jets. He was one of the few coaches to try and attack the main issue plaguing this franchise and that's it's culture. He broke through but his short comings as HC eventually did him in. I don't think he will be a successful HC, but that guy should be one of those guys who coaches defense into his later years.

DC: Rex Ryan (This D will be top 10 if just give Rex an upgrade at edge) - He also knows how to recruit players

I won't even think of GM because it doesn't seem like a change there is in the cards unfortunately. 

I'd be ok with this.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

They're consistently in the mix bc they have a good QB and draft very well. We haven't had a good QB in forever and draft God awful. Our teams cant be more different. Same goes for NE. They have Brady, so the ballgame is totally different.

But isn’t that where you want us to be? 

We can grab the hot coordinator and catch a quick spark that fades away or we can try to light a fire under this organization that lasts forever. 

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

Could be reminiscent of McVay hiring Philips in LA. 

While I’m not opposed to it and loved what LaFluer just did to New England I’m just not 100% all in on the hot coordinator stuff. 

32 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

But isn’t that where you want us to be? 

We can grab the hot coordinator and catch a quick spark that fades away or we can try to light a fire under this organization that lasts forever. 

I want us to be there. But the best we can get in the next few years is where Philly, KC and LA Rams are. They have young QBs, but have surrounded that QB with not only good offensive minds... but good weapons and OL. We need to go out and upgrade our coaches as well as give Darnold weapons. The combo will change this franchise. We stay the current way of thinking and attack defensive players... we will be bottom dwellers forever.

The teams I named with proven QBs are where I want us to be. But you have to build it up 1st. In the past we've torn our QB investments down before really even giving them a chance, bc we never gave them weapons.

Archived