Todd Bowles

NJerseypaint

21 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

A42_A8_CA4-3_AD9-4918-_BDE0-1_C52_E09_B6

Decisions like this really show how little he knows about game management. Sure, they were probably going to lose anyway but that decision was indefensible. According to numberfire's in game probabilites, their chances of winning actually went down 0.32% after making that field goal. The decision he made was so bad that even though it was executed exactly as planned by the players, they were still worse off.

Someone made a great point can't remember if it was Cimini or Costello.  Basically it boiled down to Bowles being the issues for the OC's.  As a defensive guy he wants to run the ball and that is why Morton is out.  He may be handcuffing Bates forcing him to run the ball.  Obviously they don't know for sure but it makes sense. 

Cimini then posted that we took quite a few shots over 20+ yards in the air just didn't connect.  A few of them were open too specifically the Anderson on the bom, Powell on 3rd and 1 and Enunwa on 4th and 1.  All were good designed plays Darnold just missed each one slightly. 

I'm not giving up that Bates can't be a good OC quite yet but I really hope the part about Bowles isn't true where he is forcing his OC's hand to run.  

Either way I'm done with Bowles, unless something magical happens these next 3-4 week which we all know won't.

28 minutes ago, s0wra said:

Decisions like this really show how little he knows about game management. Sure, they were probably going to lose anyway but that decision was indefensible. According to numberfire's in game probabilites, their chances of winning actually went down 0.32% after making that field goal. The decision he made was so bad that even though it was executed exactly as planned by the players, they were still worse off.

The Steelers game in 2016 was when I knew this guy just doesn’t get it 

I really think he makes decisions like he made on Sunday is an effort to make the score look close because he doesn’t want the appearance of a blowout

52 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Someone made a great point can't remember if it was Cimini or Costello.  Basically it boiled down to Bowles being the issues for the OC's.  As a defensive guy he wants to run the ball and that is why Morton is out.  He may be handcuffing Bates forcing him to run the ball.  Obviously they don't know for sure but it makes sense. 

Cimini then posted that we took quite a few shots over 20+ yards in the air just didn't connect.  A few of them were open too specifically the Anderson on the bom, Powell on 3rd and 1 and Enunwa on 4th and 1.  All were good designed plays Darnold just missed each one slightly. 

I'm not giving up that Bates can't be a good OC quite yet but I really hope the part about Bowles isn't true where he is forcing his OC's hand to run.  

Either way I'm done with Bowles, unless something magical happens these next 3-4 week which we all know won't.

The Jets have pass the ball 127x and run the ball 99x. That puts us in the middle of the pack in terms of pass to run ratio. Now that doesn’t tell the whole story. The Jets were playing from behind in 2 of 4 games. And 1 game got away from us. But I don’t think excessive running of the ball is the right place to critic Bowles.

He needs to be fired because this team is not deciplined. 

Darnold is also part of the reason the offense has been lackluster. I think he’ll turn it around. But he is the QB.

Just now, SDotNova said:

The Jets have pass the ball 127x and run the ball 99x. That puts us in the middle of the pack in terms of pass to run ratio. Now that doesn’t tell the whole story. The Jets were playing from behind in 2 of 4 games. And 1 game got away from us. But I don’t think excessive running of the ball is the right place to critic Bowles.

He needs to be fired because this team is not deciplined. 

Darnold is also part of the reason the offense has been lackluster. I think he’ll turn it around. But he is the QB.

The point was that Bowles prefers to control the clock and play defense rather then spread the field and get creative on offense.  I know why Bowles needs to be fired there are plenty of reasons.  He cut Morton loose after one season because he didn't run enough.  I'm pretty sure he wants to run the football more.

Of course Darnold is part of the problem but at 21 and no OL what do you expect.  Have to deal with the growing pains of a young QB which will help in the long run.  When you can't run the football, can't stop a simple stunt, and can't protect your QB from a basic 4 man rush young QB's are going to struggle. 

4 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

The point was that Bowles prefers to control the clock and play defense rather then spread the field and get creative on offense.  I know why Bowles needs to be fired there are plenty of reasons.  He cut Morton loose after one season because he didn't run enough.  I'm pretty sure he wants to run the football more.

Of course Darnold is part of the problem but at 21 and no OL what do you expect.  Have to deal with the growing pains of a young QB which will help in the long run.  When you can't run the football, can't stop a simple stunt, and can't protect your QB from a basic 4 man rush young QB's are going to struggle. 

He probably does want to run the ball more. I was just pointing out that we are middle of the pack in our mix of run and pass st the moment. 

Im not going to bash Darnold. I believe he will grow into a solid QB. But if he were playing better, things would be much better. The OLine is a personnel issue. We knew going into the season our OLine was going to be shaky.

I wouldn’t be as mad at Bowles if he wasn’t making the same exact mistakes as he was in year 1, horrible Clock management, still way to conservative on both sides of the ball,and  horrible understanding of in game situations. Just SAD.

I can't blame Mike Maccagnan for not signing Kirk Cousins, nor for failing to make a trade for Khalil Mack or Dustin Fowler Jr. However, I can whine about Maccagnan's lack of "long term" impact players via FA and draft. I may suspect HC and GM answering to the ownership may be a culprit for that.  

I prefer HC having to answer to GM and GM to the ownership. That way Jets can ulitize newly acquired players on the spot. I hate to see the situation where GM adds talents to the team and HC pushes them backwards by not playing or preparing them up right.  

You need to remember that Bowles is one of Bill Parcels' disciples. That means Bowles uses "show me what you have for talent and I will use you" method.  Maccagnan doesn't have that luxury of experience as he worked with Bill O'Brien for ONE YEAR.  Maccagnan collected a lot of talented players for Bowles but their talents were not immediately available to Bowles' eyes.  Is that because Maccagnan hasn't been able to find right talents to make Jets more competitive right away? I don't know since both have difference football philosphies and they repel each other.

As for Bowles as HC, I can't accept the way he runs the team.  Surely, Darnold has merely 1 and an half seasons under his belt in NCAA. For the comparison's sake, Mitchell Trubisky had one season under his belt in NCAA. Protecting the qb of the future is acceptable at that point. Unfortuantely, Bears had run game and defense to make it difficult for opponent teams to defeat them. Jets, on other side, Bowles surely teach Jets how to be NFL's best doormen. That is unacceptable. Does Bowles think playing Darnold will buy him another season with Jets? Well, think again, dude. It is head coach's job to make team competitive with other teams in NFL, not standing on the sideline and be a mummy.

GM+Coach Mock to keep dream alive.

Sorry, I feel like I need to mock something and it is too darn early to do an offseason mock or draft only mock. LOL!  Forgive me.

General Manager: Adam Peters (49ers' VP Player Personnel).

His strength is to find players that fit coaches' scheme or specific needs to make gameplans work. That means he actually paid attention to weak spots and filled these holes with 1st Round, middle round, late round, UDFA and all kinds of FA players for Broncos and 49ers. Not just one or two holes a time. I am pretty sure he is not 100% responsible for all successes Broncos (8 years) and 49ers (2 yrs) made but it was his working method to make it possible to succeed for both franchises.

Presumably, there are a couple of problems about him. #1 is I don't think he has ever involved in any high level of front office when it comes to money decision such as contracts and trades. #2 is that he may rather to stay on the western part of the USA.  Oh, you shut up!

Top Plan- HC John Defilippo, OC Alex Van Pelt, DC Perry Fewell

There is no explanation necessary about why having Defilippo is a must because he is our popular choice to replace Todd Bowles.

As for OC part, Alex Van Pelt has been in WCO environment for more than 15 years as a player and a coach. While Defilippo would obviously call offense, Van Pelt has plenty of experience to prepare the unit properly rather than counting on a green or fresh coach with Defilippo spending extra hours working with the unit. That way Defilippo shouldn't get burned out within a blink.

Hiring a veteran DC is totally necessary for Defilippo who likely put extra effort on offensive side during games. Fewell worked for Giants as DC in the past so he understands NYC culture real well. I don't mind a position coach that would become Jets' DC but doing that way could cost Defilippo's HC job immediately. After looking what happen to Matt Nagy and Vic Fangio in Chicago, I don't see why he can't follow Andy Reid's coaching method.

Next Thing- HC Dave Toub, OC Jeremy Bates, DC Mike Zimmer or Adam Zimmer with Steve Spagnuolo

WTF am I doing with a secondary plan? No confidence? Well, since Defilippo is said to be THE hot commodity to be new head coach in NFL next year I get feeling that Vikings would fire Mike Zimmer and promote Defilippo. I have another lousy feeling about Cowboys could promote their beloved HC Jason Garrett to some capacity in their front office and hire Defilippo as Cowboys have one of the most sound rosters in NFL. Apologies for being pathetic negative. eh?

Toub being head coach for Jets isn't exactly attractive to hypersensitive fans but he has been working with Andy Reid preparing the gameplan on daily basis. We shouldn't overlook that part. Toub could set up the right foundation in both coaching staff and player roster. Welcome it or Spit on it? It doesn't matter but I certainly hope he could manage games better than Todd Bowles. That is all I care.

Bates remains as Jets' OC whether or not you like it. However, you can't blame Bates for THAT boring and bland offense. That is his job to protect our franchise qb in Sam Darnold the 21 years old quarterback. If offense didn't cut out for a legit contest then you don't want to overuse Darnold. With new philosophy in improving the roster, talent-wise, we should see much improvement for 2019. If offense finally is there we could see a bunch of exciting plays Bates would call for Jets. And oh, he needs to hire an independent qb coach.

As far as DC is concerned, for that choice, I kind of count on Mike Zimmer being fired. I know he has eye issue for many years but he had been one of NFL's best defensive Coordinators prior to becoming Vikings' HC. Jets would be foolish not hiring him. And that is for only if Defilippo was promoted to Vikings' HC.  Taking Defilippo and Zimmer as HC and DC could work as well.

In case if Defilippo accepted to be HC of any other team than Jets , Mike's son, Adam, could be a solid try in NFL debut as DC. Because he is green Jets need to give Steve Spagnuolo two titles; Assistant Head Coach and Pass Rushing Specialty. Wherever the younger Zimmer works as LB coach his LB corps are almost always above average. That means ZImmer would double Mike Caldwell's position for Jets as well as Caldwell's removal made the way to clear the assistant head coach position for Spagnuolo. Perfect.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

I can't blame Mike Maccagnan for not signing Kirk Cousins, nor for failing to make a trade for Khalil Mack or Dustin Fowler Jr. However, I can whine about Maccagnan's lack of "long term" impact players via FA and draft. I may suspect HC and GM answering to the ownership may be a culprit for that.  

I prefer HC having to answer to GM and GM to the ownership. That way Jets can ulitize newly acquired players on the spot. I hate to see the situation where GM adds talents to the team and HC pushes them backwards by not playing or preparing them up right.  

You need to remember that Bowles is one of Bill Parcels' disciples. That means Bowles uses "show me what you have for talent and I will use you" method.  Maccagnan doesn't have that luxury of experience as he worked with Bill O'Brien for ONE YEAR.  Maccagnan collected a lot of talented players for Bowles but their talents were not immediately available to Bowles' eyes.  Is that because Maccagnan hasn't been able to find right talents to make Jets more competitive right away? I don't know since both have difference football philosphies and they repel each other.

As for Bowles as HC, I can't accept the way he runs the team.  Surely, Darnold has merely 1 and an half seasons under his belt in NCAA. For the comparison's sake, Mitchell Trubisky had one season under his belt in NCAA. Protecting the qb of the future is acceptable at that point. Unfortuantely, Bears had run game and defense to make it difficult for opponent teams to defeat them. Jets, on other side, Bowles surely teach Jets how to be NFL's best doormen. That is unacceptable. Does Bowles think playing Darnold will buy him another season with Jets? Well, think again, dude. It is head coach's job to make team competitive with other teams in NFL, not standing on the sideline and be a mummy.

I think your post is very accurate, but I never know Bowels was a disciples of Parcels that is very interesting, he sure doesn't act like Parcels.

After thinking about it, I may have been a little too hard on Bates. There were some good plans drawn up, but either Darnold missed them or a flag came up. We knew the oline wasn't going to be great and that everyone is still developing in this system. I'll give him some more time. We do have the WR's to attack downfield with, but Darnold has to adapt. If Darnold would have connected on some of those throws he missed, the game would have been different. Especially on the pass to Anderson. 

The truth is that you can develop a winning team with a heavy rushing attack or passing attack. There are great examples of both, but we haven't molded the offense to either side yet. We have a solid group of WRs, just need Darnold to connect down field. 

I was a big defender of Mac for quite some time but he may be an even bigger problem then Bowles.  He has been pretty bad and needs to go ASAP.  Outisde of getting Darnold and a few other minor move he's neglected the OL and pass rusher (or at least his picks busted when picking them.

9 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I was a big defender of Mac for quite some time but he may be an even bigger problem then Bowles.  He has been pretty bad and needs to go ASAP.  Outisde of getting Darnold and a few other minor move he's neglected the OL and pass rusher (or at least his picks busted when picking them.

Came to post the same. Macagnan absolutely SUCKS as GM. Worst drafter in Jets history. This teams biggest problem is it’s complete lack of real talent even more than its stupid HC. Doesn’t matter how good or bad the coach is if there’s no talent on the team. Make no mistake, Bowles sucks too, but Mac has done the coaching staff no favors and he’s been GIFTED picks in the first round and absolutely BOMBED every single other pick. Not a single above average or even average starter outside of Leo and Adams so far in 4 years! GTFO of here Mac. He’s the worst GM in football. 

I want George Paton.  He's been the right hand man in MIN who helped build that loaded team.  He was front runner for two job last year (SF and INDY) before they went other directions.  This may be the last offseason you can land him because it's likely he gets a GM spot this year.  Hope it's here with us.  Just give him the keys and let him run the show.  I've seen enough from Mac to know he's not the right guy.  Yes I know drafts are hit and miss but he's been mostly miss.  You have to land 2-3 solid players from each draft but he hasn't landed an all pro player despite drafting high and his mid rounders have flopped which is why we have so many holes.    

Archived