Todd Bowles

NJerseypaint

13 hours ago, doumeyer said:

I think your post is very accurate, but I never know Bowels was a disciples of Parcels that is very interesting, he sure doesn't act like Parcels.

Oh yeah, he is definitely a Parcel but he just is not that effective as far as we can tell.

8 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I want George Paton.  He's been the right hand man in MIN who helped build that loaded team.  He was front runner for two job last year (SF and INDY) before they went other directions.  This may be the last offseason you can land him because it's likely he gets a GM spot this year.  Hope it's here with us.  Just give him the keys and let him run the show.  I've seen enough from Mac to know he's not the right guy.  Yes I know drafts are hit and miss but he's been mostly miss.  You have to land 2-3 solid players from each draft but he hasn't landed an all pro player despite drafting high and his mid rounders have flopped which is why we have so many holes.    

It won't be easy to hire Paton. He is much like Eric DeCosta.

Just now, JetsandI said:

It won't be easy to hire Paton. He is much like Eric DeCosta.

He was close to signing with SF before they pulled the rug and went with Lynch out of nowhere.  I think they (MIN) knows he is likely going to take the best GM he is offered.

I just hope ownership is smart enough the open the check book for him and give him the keys.  Sam Darnold and 110M in cap should be enticing for any new GM.

Just hope we don't hear Charlie Casserly is leading the hiring search again.

Chris Johnson seems to have a level head on his shoulders even if he's not a football guy.  Hope he is smart enough to see that smart franchises hire smart people and let them do their job without interference.  Hope he can be the voice of reason for Woody. 

41 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I was a big defender of Mac for quite some time but he may be an even bigger problem then Bowles.  He has been pretty bad and needs to go ASAP.  Outisde of getting Darnold and a few other minor move he's neglected the OL and pass rusher (or at least his picks busted when picking them.

False.   He did not neglect OL and PR. He just handled those situation poorly.   He did upgrade at C by signing Spencer Long. His pick has been a solid starter in RT.  Kelvin Beechum and James Carpenter have their ups and downs since signed with Jets.  Macc did look for LT help but to no avail.

Macc got Jets Jordan Jenkins at strongside and he has been a starter since drafted.  He tried to make a trade for Mack and Fowler.  Unless you mean Macc should take a risk at pass rusher instead of safe pick or BPA (Williams vs Beasley), he didn't neglect pass rusher.

If those "failed" players turned out spectacularly, we won't complain. That means He mishandled talents but he certainly didn't neglect them.

7 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

He was close to signing with SF before they pulled the rug and went with Lynch out of nowhere.  I think they (MIN) knows he is likely going to take the best GM he is offered.

I just hope ownership is smart enough the open the check book for him and give him the keys.  Sam Darnold and 110M in cap should be enticing for any new GM.

Just hope we don't hear Charlie Casserly is leading the hiring search again.

Chris Johnson seems to have a level head on his shoulders even if he's not a football guy.  Hope he is smart enough to see that smart franchises hire smart people and let them do their job without interference.  Hope he can be the voice of reason for Woody. 

I am open for that. 

https://www.bigblueview.com/2017/12/19/16783292/giants-gm-candidate-george-paton-a-name-to-know

up yours, Jets?  ouch!

34 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

False.   He did not neglect OL and PR. He just handled those situation poorly.   He did upgrade at C by signing Spencer Long. His pick has been a solid starter in RT.  Kelvin Beechum and James Carpenter have their ups and downs since signed with Jets.  Macc did look for LT help but to no avail.

Macc got Jets Jordan Jenkins at strongside and he has been a starter since drafted.  He tried to make a trade for Mack and Fowler.  Unless you mean Macc should take a risk at pass rusher instead of safe pick or BPA (Williams vs Beasley), he didn't neglect pass rusher.

If those "failed" players turned out spectacularly, we won't complain. That means He mishandled talents but he certainly didn't neglect them.

Neglected meaning he didn't use premium picks or cap space on them and instead picked DL, ILB, and SS.  Signing the 3rd best C in FA who has been awful, a value LT coming off two bad seasons and hoping a 5th rounder can hold down the RT spot is basically neglect.  You can say well Beech and Carp have been soild and Shell looks good but our OL is awful at the moment so how good have they really been?  They hold almost every time we make a good play of offense or get false starts to set us back constantly.  Our two best offensive players were drafted by others GM's.

I like Williams and think he is a really good player and I think Adams is going to be great eventually but Lee just can't grasp the defense and just looks like a wasted pick.  His only mid rounder that has been good was Jenkins who a like but he is a well rounded OLB not a pass rusher.   I think Shep could be a solid rotational player but he's going to be 25.

Damn Paton turned us down for an interview back when we hired Mac.  That sucks.  Maybe now it will be different if ownership steps back and gives him control while enticing him with Darnold and all that cap space.

15 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

If you had to keep one and fire the other, who would you keep out of Bowles & Macc?

I would cautiously say Macc. He seems to have gotten better over the years. Whereas Bowles has been pedestrian most years. Said differently, I think Macc can continue to improve. While Bowles has peaked at a level far below what is needed to be a contender.

5 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Neglected meaning he didn't use premium picks or cap space on them and instead picked DL, ILB, and SS.  Signing the 3rd best C in FA who has been awful, a value LT coming off two bad seasons and hoping a 5th rounder can hold down the RT spot is basically neglect.  You can say well Beech and Carp have been soild and Shell looks good but our OL is awful at the moment so how good have they really been?  They hold almost every time we make a good play of offense or get false starts to set us back constantly.  Our two best offensive players were drafted by others GM's.

I like Williams and think he is a really good player and I think Adams is going to be great eventually but Lee just can't grasp the defense and just looks like a wasted pick.  His only mid rounder that has been good was Jenkins who a like but he is a well rounded OLB not a pass rusher.   I think Shep could be a solid rotational player but he's going to be 25.

Damn Paton turned us down for an interview back when we hired Mac.  That sucks.  Maybe now it will be different if ownership steps back and gives him control while enticing him with Darnold and all that cap space.

Nobody wanted to play for Jets so how can we confirm that he actually neglected important positions during FA.  As for drafts, trading up for Darnold may screw up OL priority.   Having Pat Mahomes could mean Jets were able to draft Quinton Nelson and Braden Smith.  That is unfortunate.

I think two reasons why Paton turned Jets down.  1st Woody wanted to hire HC by himself.  The roster was kind of overpaid, cap wise.

2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

If you had to keep one and fire the other, who would you keep out of Bowles & Macc?

Depends on who the replacements were. If we’d just hire another defensive HC... then maybe fire GM. If we’d hire a offensive minded HC then I’d say fire Bowles. Macc apparently would still suck drafting though is the issue. In reality they both should go.

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Depends on who the replacements were. If we’d just hire another defensive HC... then maybe fire GM. If we’d hire a offensive minded HC then I’d say fire Bowles. Macc apparently would still suck drafting though is the issue. In reality they both should go.

He still did make the trade up which got us most people's #1 QB ... and has hit here and there ... Has be been phenomenal no... Macc tho without a doubt has been better than Bowles thus far. 

Bowles has failed us badly on multiple occassions. He can't game manage down the stretch and makes bone headed decisions that cause us to lose games. He has no guts to speak of. I cant think of the last time i thought he felt like he was being aggressive with his play calling. We call defense like we're afraid to lose and almost always play bend dont break defense.

At least our other coaches ... all of em before had bright spots. Rex called a great defensive game and often had us close to contention for a Super Bowl twice. Herm had some bright spots as well. Herm Mangini Rex all got us to the playoffs at least once. Bowles has been a flop and needs to be replaced. I thought Vrabel would be a flop with the Titans but at least it looks like he has some guts. As does Frank Reich.

Way i see us under bowles we play scared way too often. I feel like he'd rather us lose close and not get humiliated than us lose badly trying to win.

Archived