Todd Bowles

NJerseypaint

31 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Assuming the ownership creates the position that has full football operation power for real,  it goes to

#1 Mike Shanahan.

He could try to lure Gary Kubiak back into coaching.  If not, Matt LaFleur may be best next thing in the system, the one Mike has only known.

#2 Jim Harbaugh.

He runs old fashioned game with some creative up in his sleeves. He can come to Jets if he likes Sam Darnold that much otherwise forget it.

#3 John Harbaugh.

He always hires veterans for OC and DC so which veteran OC can pull the offense out of below below below average to at least average on the very first season?

#4 Jeff Ireland.

Dennis Allen as HC?  I don't know but Ireland is seemingly able to find talents for next generation game.  That is the key for Jets.

#5 Bruce Arians.

Would love to see him steal Freddie Kitchens from Browns. lol. 

#6 Scott Pioli.

That would make Josh McDaniel more attractive to Jets.

I like the idea of bringing in Mike Shanahan as a grand father type figure to guide this franchise. It's crazy but all these innovative coaches came from his staff from just a few years ago. He knows how to hire good coaches. Not sure about his credentials in scouting, but it seems like he knows how to hire talented people. So, I think he would do a great job putting the right people in place. Can we get him? Is he even interested in returning? It would be a VP of Football Ops. So, it won't have the travel demands and all that stuff. 

23 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Mehta article said Jets could keep Bowles until the end of the season, citing a lack of viable change on coaching and roster.  Whether or not you like it, it is damn good point.

Todd Bowles did a good job not hiring anyone that can take his job. 

17 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Smh if we keep Bowles to “minimize change” for Darnold it’s just stupid lol we all know Bowles will somehow pull 2 or 3 wins out his *** and save his job to do it all over again.

smh as well. But I think Bowles is gone. No way he can save his job. I guess there's a mathematical possibility. Say he wins out and goes 9-7. But that's so unrealistic. This team would need to finish 4-2 or better to save his job. It needs to be that stark for him to survive. And we don't have 4-2 in us. We'd be lucky to win 2 games the rest of the way. 

14 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I like the idea of bringing in Mike Shanahan as a grand father type figure to guide this franchise. It's crazy but all these innovative coaches came from his staff from just a few years ago. He knows how to hire good coaches. Not sure about his credentials in scouting, but it seems like he knows how to hire talented people. So, I think he would do a great job putting the right people in place. Can we get him? Is he even interested in returning? It would be a VP of Football Ops. So, it won't have the travel demands and all that stuff. 

Most of innovative coaches came after his son so you make a good point about scouting skill.  He was old school coach.  Hiring right coaches is supposed to be meaning they can utilize players' talents well.  For that part, I do believe in Mike S.

There really isn’t any guys that will help this team for the remaining games. But I think a very unenthusiastic Bowles isn’t what this team needs the rest of the way. And that’s why I wanted him out. Atleast do something to fire up the players. 

Can we discuss how we fired the best offensive coordinator that we have had in my lifetime, who made career journeyman Josh McCown operate like a level-below-elite level, and then were fed to believe that the "brains" behind it all was Jeremy Bates?

This team is beyond a joke at this point

8 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Can we discuss how we fired the best offensive coordinator that we have had in my lifetime, who made career journeyman Josh McCown operate like a level-below-elite level, and then were fed to believe that the "brains" behind it all was Jeremy Bates?

This team is beyond a joke at this point

To be honest I liked both Gailey and Morton.  Mac continued to supply Bowles with defensive talent which he then turned into a mediocre defense and put blame on all his revolving door of OC's when they only had journeymen QB's and no skill players.  Mac and Bowles both deserve to be fired at the end of the year.

8 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

Todd Bowles is a dead man walking, but does anyone really think that macc gets fired? I don't think there's any chance he gets fired. I think he at least gets this offseason. 

I think he should but I could see him staying.  Problem is what new HC is going to want to work with a GM on the hot seat?  That is why it's easier to clean house.

5 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I think he should but I could see him staying.  Problem is what new HC is going to want to work with a GM on the hot seat?  That is why it's easier to clean house.

The thing is though, I don't think he's on the hot seat. His first year, he prepared for the draft with mostly the previous regimes scouting department and the draft was not good. Year 2 woody completely tied his hands in FA, bought into fitzmagic and everything imploded. Macc completed the revamping of his staff year 3 and was given full control to finally build according to his plan. In the last 2 drafts we got Adam's who's a stud, Maye, who has played well, missed on Stewart and Hansen got Mcguire who looks like he has potential and Derrick Jones in the 6th who looked pretty good when he got playing time the last couple weeks. This last draft we got Darnold, Shepherd, has he played well? I'm really not sure, I haven't been focusing in him. Herndon looks like a potential steel in the 4th and nickerson who has shown some potential. Some of Macc's trade downs have been abysmal and some of his FA pickups haven't worked out, but some have also worked out quite nicely. I am by no means saying that Macc has done a fantastic job but I think there's just enough good that he's not on the hot seat whether us as fans agree or not. Fans were clamoring for the saints to fire the coach (Sean Payton is 1000x times better than bowles) and GM after the losing seasons they endured, all the sudden they hit on 2 drafts and they are legit contenders last year and this year again. 

Archived