Todd Bowles

NJerseypaint

This industry can be a joke sometimes. Bowles is literally only keeping his job bc there’s no one we can make HC that can make this team better at the moment. Not bc he performs well. And I feel Macc is only safe bc of his scouting department already more than half way through with evaluating talent. Also should not be a reason to keep your job.

Both these clowns should be fired ASAP. Make McCown HC for all I care. 

Guys aren’t realizing that our coach and next leaders has to know how to build a great staff. That’s been a huge problem. I mean think about it, how many position coaches have we had poached from us in the past 15 years?

I understand wanting an offensive minded guy but at the same time we need a leader who can identify great coaches to run our units and develop our players.

2 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Guys aren’t realizing that our coach and next leaders has to know how to build a great staff. That’s been a huge problem. I mean think about it, how many position coaches have we had poached from us in the past 15 years?

I understand wanting an offensive minded guy but at the same time we need a leader who can identify great coaches to run our units and develop our players.

We've had coaches poached from us? I only ever remember firing them.

@mattmanz91

Sounds like excuses really.  Year 1 he was working as a scout prior to becoming GM so he should have been well informed on the players.  No excuses for poor drafting.  Year 2 it imploded yes but he was still the GM and paid Fitz all that money.  Woody forced his hand on Revis only, he did everything else.  He also drafted Hack who couldn't even play a single game in the NFL in round 2.  Adams is great yes but he's a box safety.  Far from an impact position.  Williams was supposed to be the next great DT who we let Sheldon walk for and he has been solid at best.  He's drafts have been largely underwhelming, his big FA signing Tru has been a bust and Long was another one and he was a major let down too.  None of those mid/late round guys are anything but depth players/rotational guys.  I think a few of them can have long term roles here but that doesn't save your job.  His best move was Darnold last year along with Herndon who is emerging, Shell as a future RT and finding Robby as an URFA.  Mo was a nice low risk signing that paid off as well. 

Q is our best offensive player and Mac had nothing to do with getting him

Where is the mid round steal where is the first round all pro?  We have no great players, zero.  Adams is the closest thing and as good as he is I don't think he should be considered great yet.

Yes the fans wanted him gone but the second he hit the market he would have been scooped up in a second.  You think anyone is running to offer Bowles a HC job after this year?

Fact is he's had 4 drafts to land talent and has done a poor job of doing so.  Drafting is tough I get it but taking DT's, ILB, and in the box safeties with your first round picks is a joke.  If you do that they better be Aaron Donald, Ray Lewis and Troy Polamalu.  He has been below average for his 4 years here.  Enough is enough.  If he had landed 1 or 2 all pro players in his time things may be different but when he got here he had money and did nothing with it so why am I to believe this time will be different?

Fact is Macc has had 4 drafts and 2 offseasons with over 100mill in cap space and we don’t have a thing to show from it. Closest thing we have is Adams. With around 25 draft picks and 300mill to spend and to have nothing to show for it should be grounds to get fired. We are just a franchise that can’t ever get it right. And I never see that changing. It hasn’t in the 36 years I’ve been alive.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

@mattmanz91

Sounds like excuses really.  Year 1 he was working as a scout prior to becoming GM so he should have been well informed on the players.  No excuses for poor drafting.  Year 2 it imploded yes but he was still the GM and paid Fitz all that money.  Woody forced his hand on Revis only, he did everything else.  He also drafted Hack who couldn't even play a single game in the NFL in round 2.  Adams is great yes but he's a box safety.  Far from an impact position.  Williams was supposed to be the next great DT who we let Sheldon walk for and he has been solid at best.  He's drafts have been largely underwhelming, his big FA signing Tru has been a bust and Long was another one and he was a major let down too.  None of those mid/late round guys are anything but depth players/rotational guys.  I think a few of them can have long term roles here but that doesn't save your job.  His best move was Darnold last year along with Herndon who is emerging, Shell as a future RT and finding Robby as an URFA.  Mo was a nice low risk signing that paid off as well. 

Q is our best offensive player and Mac had nothing to do with getting him

Where is the mid round steal where is the first round all pro?  We have no great players, zero.  Adams is the closest thing and as good as he is I don't think he should be considered great yet.

Yes the fans wanted him gone but the second he hit the market he would have been scooped up in a second.  You think anyone is running to offer Bowles a HC job after this year?

Fact is he's had 4 drafts to land talent and has done a poor job of doing so.  Drafting is tough I get it but taking DT's, ILB, and in the box safeties with your first round picks is a joke.  If you do that they better be Aaron Donald, Ray Lewis and Troy Polamalu.  He has been below average for his 4 years here.  Enough is enough.  If he had landed 1 or 2 all pro players in his time things may be different but when he got here he had money and did nothing with it so why am I to believe this time will be different?

I'm not disagreeing with you, all I'm saying is I think those excuses buy him more time than we all think he deserves. 

13 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

I'm not disagreeing with you, all I'm saying is I think those excuses buy him more time than we all think he deserves. 

I think he too will get a crack at this offseason but it's horrible management if he does.  He can say this was my plan all along but I'm not buying it and lets hope the Johnson's don't either.

No good up and coming HC canidate will want to coach under a lame duck GM on the hot seat which will limit who you can hire.  That basically sets up up for a retread HC and another 3 years of wasting Darnold's career under said retread HC.  

Clean house start fresh with a bright young mind and a creative offensive HC.  Swing for the fences and open the check book, what is the worst that could happen?   

Hell give Brian Heimerdinger a chance.  He's a fast rising star in the front office world and eventually will get his shot if not here elsewhere.  There is obviously a reason for his success and he obviously knows the Johnson's.  Give him a chance and let a fresh face take a shot at GM.  I've had enough of these old school coaches and GM's who want to run the football and play defense.  As great as that sounds the NFL is changing and the range between the good offenses and bad offenses is much wider then good defenses and bad defenses.  That tells me one thing.  Run up the score and hope you D can get a key stop when they need it.   

12 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

False.  Maccagnan can't fire Bowles.

Well run organizations the GM gets the say so on the roster and staff. We aren’t a well ran organization... that’s why that doesn’t correlate. The owners get the say so on the GM and then the GM chooses his staff. That’s how it should go.

An under the radar guy I honestly would like us to take a look at is Chris Peterson HC for the Washington Huskies, has had success at both Washington and Boise State And seems like he can coach both sides of the ball well

4 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

We've had coaches poached from us? I only ever remember firing them.

Exactly. The sign of a good coaching staff is losing them to better opportunities. 

So while a lot may want an offensive minded coach I want a guy who can build an Elite staff that can coach up our players, scheme great offense and defense and adjust to our opponents. 

Not just Matt LaFluer cause he’s young and coaches offense. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Well run organizations the GM gets the say so on the roster and staff. We aren’t a well ran organization... that’s why that doesn’t correlate. The owners get the say so on the GM and then the GM chooses his staff. That’s how it should go.

Chris Johnson is only a figure head, he can't make any decisions, I am sure his brother told him to keep things status quo.

Archived