Todd Bowles

NJerseypaint

15 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Jim Harbaugh 

John Harbaugh

Chris Petersen

Pete Carmichael (Really not interested in OC's or DC's, but I liked him when he took over play calling for Sean.) 

I want a former HC this time. 

John blows. :P

As far as former head coaches are concerned the options are Chuck Pagano, Jim Caldwell, Dennis Allen, Jack Del Rio, Ken Whisenhunt, Todd Haley, Raheem Morris, Gus Bradley, Hue Jackson and some guys I forget.  Without the Harbaughs, that is rather weak class, don't you think?

9 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

John blows. :P

As far as former head coaches are concerned the options are Chuck Pagano, Jim Caldwell, Dennis Allen, Jack Del Rio, Ken Whisenhunt, Todd Haley, Raheem Morris, Gus Bradley, Hue Jackson and some guys I forget.  Without the Harbaughs, that is rather weak class, don't you think?

lol He's 97-71 with a 10-5 playoff record. You're crazy dude. 

15 hours ago, Dr.O said:

An under the radar guy I honestly would like us to take a look at is Chris Peterson HC for the Washington Huskies, has had success at both Washington and Boise State And seems like he can coach both sides of the ball well

Pretty sure he just got locked up long term at Wash for big bucks.  He's not going anywhere.

8 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Say what you want about Rex and the media circus, but I never saw anyone dog is on the field when he was coach. We had some truly terrible performances, but it never looked like the team took is as lightly as they do now.

going back to look at our previous head coaches ... 

Todd Bowles is pretty much easily the worst. Mangini was good at picking players a so-so coach. Rex wasn't phenomenal with player selection but an excellent coach. We always gave a damn about games played hard. He wasnt great on the offensive side either but at least his defense was normally solid.

Herm was pretty solid too, but he Also had Chad ... our best QB in recent memory (Favre was more of a rental so not counting him)

I’ve been a Todd supporter and I’m thankful for the work he’s done to rebuild the culture and locker room, but his time is up. 

I think we will ultimately hire John Harbaugh, who will agree to part ways with Baltimore at seasons end. The most attractive jobs in the NFL will be ours and Cleveland’s (who knew), and I think Cleveland will opt for another direction- leaving us as the front runners for his services. You can’t leave out Denver and Dallas, but the Jets can offer John the most power, most money, and a young QB to build around whereas the others cannot.

What that would mean for the rest of the staff is uncertain. Jeremy Bates is well respected and has a lot of support in the building - namely from Maccagnan and Johnson. He’s made some questionable play calls, but some of that ties back to Bowles overarching in-game management lapses and outdated philosophy (it’s Bowles call to go for it on 4th downs and establish the type of game plan... plus the talent on offense is abysmal). Harbaugh will likely have final say, but judging how he feels about continuity I think it’s a strong possibility he keeps him on board and revamps the defensive coaching if hired. 

19 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I’ve been a Todd supporter and I’m thankful for the work he’s done to rebuild the culture and locker room, but his time is up. 

I think we will ultimately hire John Harbaugh, who will agree to part ways with Baltimore at seasons end. The most attractive jobs in the NFL will be ours and Cleveland’s (who knew), and I think Cleveland will opt for another direction- leaving us as the front runners for his services. You can’t leave out Denver and Dallas, but the Jets can offer John the most power, most money, and a young QB to build around whereas the others cannot.

What that would mean for the rest of the staff is uncertain. Jeremy Bates is well respected and has a lot of support in the building - namely from Maccagnan and Johnson. He’s made some questionable play calls, but some of that ties back to Bowles overarching in-game management lapses and outdated philosophy (it’s Bowles call to go for it on 4th downs and establish the type of game plan... plus the talent on offense is abysmal). Harbaugh will likely have final say, but judging how he feels about continuity I think it’s a strong possibility he keeps him on board and revamps the defensive coaching if hired. 

I don't know if 2 years and change as OC sounds a veteran to JH but I am pretty sure JH liked Gary Kubiak's offense.  MM, Bates, Dennison and JH could work together on bolstering the offense by trying to duplicate some stuffs Kubiaks had done back in Baltimore.  That is what I call a continuity.  Good or Bad.

Adam Gase or Dirk Koetter could be a candidate if fired. 

On defensive side, I can see Chuck Pagano or Teryl Austin as DC for JH.

It won't happen unless the power of football operation sounds competent.  Good Luck, Jets.

Archived