Todd Bowles

NJerseypaint

Oh how quick how you all forget how terrible of a HC Rex was. Im sorry but he was just as clueless of an in game coach as Bowles. Never knew what to do. We had awful performances under him, he refused to bench sanchez too. GUy was a clown. Mangini was a better HC who got fired way too early because he basically told Woody to go $&%! himself. Mangini built the entire foundation that REx took to the title games, good for him he was great those years, and once he had more of his players he selected he ruined it all and now hows the balls to talk about the Jets. Get lost you fat $&#! you'll never get another HC job ever again. I would take Mangini back over Rex in the blink of an eye and wed be much better off.

44 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Oh how quick how you all forget how terrible of a HC Rex was. Im sorry but he was just as clueless of an in game coach as Bowles. Never knew what to do. We had awful performances under him, he refused to bench sanchez too. GUy was a clown. Mangini was a better HC who got fired way too early because he basically told Woody to go $&%! himself. Mangini built the entire foundation that REx took to the title games, good for him he was great those years, and once he had more of his players he selected he ruined it all and now hows the balls to talk about the Jets. Get lost you fat $&#! you'll never get another HC job ever again. I would take Mangini back over Rex in the blink of an eye and wed be much better off.

Won’t argue that Red was clueless. But atleast he showed passion and the players wanted to play hard for him. A lot of times (especially young players) they take the attitude of the HC. And when Bowles shows no fire, how can we expect the players to play with passion? This team needs an offensive mind HC and a guy that shows passion and preferably a younger guy that can relate to the players more.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

I don't know if 2 years and change as OC sounds a veteran to JH but I am pretty sure JH liked Gary Kubiak's offense.  MM, Bates, Dennison and JH could work together on bolstering the offense by trying to duplicate some stuffs Kubiaks had done back in Baltimore.  That is what I call a continuity.  Good or Bad.

He did, which I’ve referenced in my notes as I’ve slowly been mocking off-season scenarios. Rick Dennison was the QB coach for him in 2014... 

With that in mind, I think the offseason focus will be rebuilding the OL, and Harbaugh will shift Rick to QB coach with Bates remaining the OC (right now he’s doing double duties). I also think Josh will he hired as Assistant QB coach. Harbaugh’s focus would then be to hire elite coaching talent for the OL as well as add a new LT and LG in free agency/draft. At least that’s what I predict. 

I think wholesale changes will be made on defense. Chuck could be hired, but wouldn’t be surprised if it was someone out of the blue; young up-and-comer type. 

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

I still think rex was a fine HC ... either didnt pick players well or have the best GM support picking players ... his defensive scheming was solid when we had the talent for it ... he wasnt an offensive HC so yea he was weak there ... but not like any of the QBs he had turned into something after either.

If he had Chad those first couple years we might have a SB under him... and attitude matters even when he was fired his team played hard for him ... we just got humiliated worse than i can remember under bowles ... new QB who hasn't even been with the team ... signed off the street torched us all over the place

22 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

I still think rex was a fine HC ... either didnt pick players well or have the best GM support picking players ... his defensive scheming was solid when we had the talent for it ... he wasnt an offensive HC so yea he was weak there ... but not like any of the QBs he had turned into something after either.

If he had Chad those first couple years we might have a SB under him... and attitude matters even when he was fired his team played hard for him ... we just got humiliated worse than i can remember under bowles ... new QB who hasn't even been with the team ... signed off the street torched us all over the place

What would happen to Jets if Brett Favre wasn't playing hurt.  Whether or not injury had affected his performance but if he was healthy to finish the season and easily help Jets punch in the playoff. After that, Mangini, Schottenheimer and Favre could stick around for a couple seasons or 3.  Hell, Schotty could get HC job. lol.

Result is result. That is all.    I need someone to tell me how many tricks or creative plays did Jets pull with Todd Bowles in charge because I knew Rex Ryan had his stuffs there.

58 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

He did, which I’ve referenced in my notes as I’ve slowly been mocking off-season scenarios. Rick Dennison was the QB coach for him in 2014... 

With that in mind, I think the offseason focus will be rebuilding the OL, and Harbaugh will shift Rick to QB coach with Bates remaining the OC (right now he’s doing double duties). I also think Josh will he hired as Assistant QB coach. Harbaugh’s focus would then be to hire elite coaching talent for the OL as well as add a new LT and LG in free agency/draft. At least that’s what I predict. 

I think wholesale changes will be made on defense. Chuck could be hired, but wouldn’t be surprised if it was someone out of the blue; young up-and-comer type. 

Mike Munchak would be swell. heh.

Anyway, that is exactly what I would expect from JH.

1 hour ago, KBS756 said:

I think he was a terrific defensive scheming coach but his players walked all over him. Also had very discipline. Rex was just a more successful Todd Bowles with a better personality. Mangini got fired too soon in my opinion. Whats done is done. We need a program builder. I am really starting to like this Matt Campbell.

2 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I think he was a terrific defensive scheming coach but his players walked all over him. Also had very discipline. Rex was just a more successful Todd Bowles with a better personality. Mangini got fired too soon in my opinion. Whats done is done. We need a program builder. I am really starting to like this Matt Campbell.

Jim Harbaugh or John harbaugh (doubt we pry either away)

2 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I just pray we dont go the hot coordinator route AGAIN because I promise you we might as well start a thread of who we are going hire after him in three years.

I know it's not easy. But we need the next McVay, Peterson, type guy

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

I just pray we dont go the hot coordinator route AGAIN because I promise you we might as well start a thread of who we are going hire after him in three years.

We havent gone in a differemt route in upwards of two decades. The last non hot coordinator was who? Parcells?

Archived