Todd Bowles

NJerseypaint

I have been a Jets fan for over 35 years now and I must say it is amazing how many times they bring your hopes up then crash back down bad. You would think just ONCE we would get lucky and win one of those AFC Championship games back with Sanchez. Those teams gave us such high hopes. I was thinking this back after week 1 at the Lions. I'm starting to wonder if I will ever see my team in the Super Bowl. WE HAVE TOO FIRE BOTH!!!! I hope we hire that OC from the Vikings. Great coach that KNOWS how to run an O. I still have a feeling that Josh McDaniels will be the jets head coach soon. I don't know why but maybe its karma and Josh does what Bill B. did to us. Hang in there boys we might just get to the big game in the next 20 years. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/11/2018 at 10:49 PM, jetfuel34 said:

I have been a Jets fan for over 35 years now and I must say it is amazing how many times they bring your hopes up then crash back down bad. You would think just ONCE we would get lucky and win one of those AFC Championship games back with Sanchez. Those teams gave us such high hopes. I was thinking this back after week 1 at the Lions. I'm starting to wonder if I will ever see my team in the Super Bowl. WE HAVE TOO FIRE BOTH!!!! I hope we hire that OC from the Vikings. Great coach that KNOWS how to run an O. I still have a feeling that Josh McDaniels will be the jets head coach soon. I don't know why but maybe its karma and Josh does what Bill B. did to us. Hang in there boys we might just get to the big game in the next 20 years. 

I feel exactly the same way, dude. For me, it's been 38 years of this crap.

Just a dead man walking at this point. The club treat us fans like a joke. Like ******* Groundhog Day over and over again. How many more times will we not see the trend (high powered offenses etc) and continue prioritising defense. 

And the kicker is we havent even got a top defense lol. Still no pass rusher (we’ve only been asking for one for ten years or more) 

Clear the deck and start it all over...I pray one day we will wake up from the nightmare that is being a Jets fan 

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 5:04 PM, xenajets said:

Just a dead man walking at this point. The club treat us fans like a joke. Like ******* Groundhog Day over and over again. How many more times will we not see the trend (high powered offenses etc) and continue prioritising defense. 

And the kicker is we havent even got a top defense lol. Still no pass rusher (we’ve only been asking for one for ten years or more) 

Clear the deck and start it all over...I pray one day we will wake up from the nightmare that is being a Jets fan 

If we drafted Chandler Jones over Quinton Coples we would have had an amazing defense.

14 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Wanted Beasley in 15 but idk kind of looks like a wash now, Beasley hasn’t come anywhere near his 2016 production, still a good player but not the type of player I thought he would be(much like Leo)

I wasn’t a big fan of Beasley but imo he was the obvious choice. With the “sons” playing at a high level Beasley could have been a difference maker. What bothers me almost as much is that we passed on Danielle Hunter for Mauldin in the 3rd. Hunter was considered raw but had a lot of potential because of his athleticism. 

9 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

A lot of guys didn’t want Chandler Jones. We were big on Melvin Ingram as a fan base but his short arms were a no go for Rex from what I remember. 

I remember when Ingram was on the board the draft thread was going crazy.

I wanted Jones that draft. I was a bit biased being that I cheer for Syracuse and Texas Tech. So I do tend to want players from those schools that I feel are takented. Oddly I wasnt overally high on drfating Amaro though. I wnated a WR that draft in Round 1 for starters but after we messed that up and went Pryor... I really wanted a WR Round 2. I wanted AR15 or Adams. In the Leo draft I wanted Vic Beasley or Kevin White instead of Leo. I know wanting White looks awful. But at the time it wasn't. In hindsight he hasn't been able to stay healthy. But at the time of the draft he wouldn't have been a reach at all. And I really liked Beasley's skill set off the edge. Cant 100% compare a player to how they'd do here. Beasley probably would be great here bc we have a better front 7 to help him. Same as I truly feel Michael Thomas would be average if he was here. That we would have ruined him by now.

37 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

Gotta admit that article was enlightening. Whatever system the Johnson's created for decision making is dysfunctional at best. Morton making 3rd round selections and then is outed the following year, Macc choosing Hack in the second, Bowles not playing Hack because he wants to stick it to Macc. It's obvious that our organization has no structure and no way to produce accountability. It's a decision making free-for-all and what we end up with is a hodge-podge of talent with no way to focus them into a defined game-plan.

4 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Gotta admit that article was enlightening. Whatever system the Johnson's created for decision making is dysfunctional at best. Morton making 3rd round selections and then is outed the following year, Macc choosing Hack in the second, Bowles not playing Hack because he wants to stick it to Macc. It's obvious that our organization has no structure and no way to produce accountability. It's a decision making free-for-all and what we end up with is a hodge-podge of talent with no way to focus them into a defined game-plan.

Well a few things happened that I don't like. For starters Bowles is clueless on offense. But then again it appears Macc is too. Devin Smith was a failed pick (but they didn't know he'd be plagued by injury). Trading up for a system 1 read QB in Petty wasn't good either. But right off the bat I liked Macc trading for Marshall, which really helped this team that initial year. Having Decker and Marshall at WR gave us a false sense of this team being good on offense though. Which in turn gave them the false sense that we had a good team. Macc reached on Hack, we overpaid Fitz and Bowles knew his job wasn't safe when the Fitz experiment 2.0 was going awful. We still continuously neglected offense in FA and the draft with valuable picks (hence our High School offense). Stewart had no business being picked that high and Hansen was pretty much exactly what we had in Robby already. Drafting 6th Round RBs doesn't cut it either. The main issue of this team is awful scouting which leads to awful drafting and a coach that's clueless.

Sadly... I don't see much of a change. Macc stays, we bring in a poor HC and OC, I think we struggle to get FAs, we still think defense wins and draft defense high and reach for offensive players in mid Rounds and in turn big time risk any chance that we have of making Darnold a franchise QB. I don't want this to happen obviously. Just there's not a single thing in the past that makes me think otherwise. Macc is awful as well as Bowles. Macc stays (when he shouldn't) therefor not much changes. This regime refuses to adjust to the NFL changes. And part of fixing a problem is recognizing there's a problem. And when we start fielding an actual NFL offense and realize defense doesn't win... that's when this franchise will change. Until then... we might as well get used to top 5-10 draft picks, no FAs signing and everyone laughing at us.

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Well a few things happened that I don't like. For starters Bowles is clueless on offense. But then again it appears Macc is too. Devin Smith was a failed pick (but they didn't know he'd be plagued by injury). Trading up for a system 1 read QB in Petty wasn't good either. But right off the bat I liked Macc trading for Marshall, which really helped this team that initial year. Having Decker and Marshall at WR gave us a false sense of this team being good on offense though. Which in turn gave them the false sense that we had a good team. Macc reached on Hack, we overpaid Fitz and Bowles knew his job wasn't safe when the Fitz experiment 2.0 was going awful. We still continuously neglected offense in FA and the draft with valuable picks (hence our High School offense). Stewart had no business being picked that high and Hansen was pretty much exactly what we had in Robby already. Drafting 6th Round RBs doesn't cut it either. The main issue of this team is awful scouting which leads to awful drafting and a coach that's clueless.

Sadly... I don't see much of a change. Macc stays, we bring in a poor HC and OC, I think we struggle to get FAs, we still think defense wins and draft defense high and reach for offensive players in mid Rounds and in turn big time risk any chance that we have of making Darnold a franchise QB. I don't want this to happen obviously. Just there's not a single thing in the past that makes me think otherwise. Macc is awful as well as Bowles. Macc stays (when he shouldn't) therefor not much changes. This regime refuses to adjust to the NFL changes. And part of fixing a problem is recognizing there's a problem. And when we start fielding an actual NFL offense and realize defense doesn't win... that's when this franchise will change. Until then... we might as well get used to top 5-10 draft picks, no FAs signing and everyone laughing at us.

Yeah, I think the only way we get out of this mess is to can everyone and start fresh. Keeping Macc most likely means we're keeping the same ineffective org structure. We need a true town down system so we can hold the right people responsible for faults in the team's performance. If we can't identify the weak points, we can't identify the strong ones either.

Archived