John DeFlippo

Matt LeFleur

My Short List OG GMs:

Scott Pioli

Scot McCloughan

Jeff Ireland

JoJo Wooden

Chris Polian

I like your list, although I think mac will get more time and if anything I think Bowles is the one to go. 

I think that Bowles gets one more year and then is fired. 

This is what I think will happen and you guys will love it.

Bill B. gets done after next year and gives the job to Josh M. He then turns it down and takes the Jets HC job. We go on and do the reverse to the Pats. BOOOM!!! Darnold becomes Josh's Tom Brady.

Bowles was not the problem on Thursday. 

As much as I endorse Bates as a long-term OC, he called a far too conservative game in the second half. He was trying to protect Darnold but inevitably it just put him in worse positions. I think the L falls on him... when you’re piling up all those 3-and-outs, the defense can’t catch a breath. That was an issue in the second half. 

As for defensive penalties: at one point or another your top veterans have to take blame. Trumaine was not playing well and was selfish. Claiborne did what he could to cover Callaway, and he got too handsy a few times when he didn’t need to. That’s not coaching. 

What does fall on Todd: we play too much off coverage. It’s no secret that Johnson and Claiborne thrive in press... don’t know the logic behind not pressing them. 

I just read on Rotoworld that Bowles job is NOT safe. There is word around New York that his seat is very hot and if he hits a losing streak he will be let go. I hope this is true because the faster e move on from him the better for Darnold. and the jets. We lead the league in penalties and that just shows the lack of respect he controls on this team. 

25 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I just read on Rotoworld that Bowles job is NOT safe. There is word around New York that his seat is very hot and if he hits a losing streak he will be let go. I hope this is true because the faster e move on from him the better for Darnold. and the jets. We lead the league in penalties and that just shows the lack of respect he controls on this team. 

Thanks for the info, but if he is fired at this time of the year who would replace him? After the Brown game I want no part of Bates or that other loser Kacy Rodgers.

6 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think it is a bad reaction created by Jets community due to the embarrassing Browns game.  His job remains safe but I have no idea how will Christopher Johnson feel about back to back to back 5 wins or fewer seasons.  I am sure Woody will pick up the phone to make a call to his brother about GM and HC.

Dumping Bowles next week won't help Darnold at all.  The offense is 100 percent under Jeremy Bates.  What's up with point A to point B passes?  These actions make it easier for defense unit to contain the field.  If it is required by Bowles then you have my vote to outcast him. Whatever!

15 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I think it is a bad reaction created by Jets community due to the embarrassing Browns game.  His job remains safe but I have no idea how will Christopher Johnson feel about back to back to back 5 wins or fewer seasons.  I am sure Woody will pick up the phone to make a call to his brother about GM and HC.

Dumping Bowles next week won't help Darnold at all.  The offense is 100 percent under Jeremy Bates.  What's up with point A to point B passes?  These actions make it easier for defense unit to contain the field.  If it is required by Bowles then you have my vote to outcast him. Whatever!

It also has to do with the fact that he’s been a HC for 4 years now and hasn’t made any progress in terms of game management, clock management and has always stayed on the conservative side when every time we’ve done this it’s bitten us in the ***. Add in the fact that the defense hasn’t lived up to expectations outside of his first year here and these are the reasons he’s on the hot seat. Bowles getting the can can help Darnold, not this season but if we were to bring in a fresh offensive mind at HC then absolutely.

I think I picked up some notes via online about Jeff Ireland and Dennis Allen being HC and GM together.  Jets could hire both and run 4-3 for real.  Allen has HC experience but he was too green to handle big job.  Now, is he ready to handle the team with one of most accomplished GM in Jeff Ireland instead of greener GM in Reggie McKenzie?

Ken Whisenhunt?   HC experience checked.  Offensive mind coach checked.

2 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

It also has to do with the fact that he’s been a HC for 4 years now and hasn’t made any progress in terms of game management, clock management and has always stayed on the conservative side when every time we’ve done this it’s bitten us in the ***. Add in the fact that the defense hasn’t lived up to expectations outside of his first year here and these are the reasons he’s on the hot seat. Bowles getting the can can help Darnold, not this season but if we were to bring in a fresh offensive mind at HC then absolutely.

We definitely can't ignore that.  I hate that he kept sticking with the conservative side when Jets HAD a taste of a victory even though he keeps saying winning DOES matter.  Once you smell a victory coming to you you better make it happen.  That kind of attitude I want to witness.

If Jets had chance to fire Bowles and hire Bruce Arians next week then absolutely.  Except the fact that they are friends. lol.

Archived