Todd Bowles

NJerseypaint

15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Now we are really screwed.

Gotta do whatever it takes to get those 6 wins. I think 4 years is plenty of time to make a change at both GM and HC when you’ve made as little progress as this team has (assuming we only win 4-5 games this year)

I really can’t get over how bad Macs drafting has been though 

3 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Gotta do whatever it takes to get those 6 wins. I think 4 years is plenty of time to make a change at both GM and HC when you’ve made as little progress as this team has (assuming we only win 4-5 games this year)

I really can’t get over how bad Macs drafting has been though 

I am with you 100% on this. Both deserve to be canned. Mac made a really good trade that ended up landing us Darnold and I will always give him credit for that, but outside of that, hes pretty much been awful. Bowles, well its just too easy at this point, I dont need to expand.  

8 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I am with you 100% on this. Both deserve to be canned. Mac made a really good trade that ended up landing us Darnold and I will always give him credit for that, but outside of that, hes pretty much been awful. Bowles, well its just too easy at this point, I dont need to expand.  

I think most of us agree with you & Ekill08 both Macc & Bowles have had enough time and we are no better now than we were four years ago. The big question is what are the trust fund kids Woody & Carl, going to do ??

7 hours ago, doumeyer said:

I think most of us agree with you & Ekill08 both Macc & Bowles have had enough time and we are no better now than we were four years ago. The big question is what are the trust fund kids Woody & Carl, going to do ??

I still think the ownership is an issue. Chris has been better than Woody that’s for sure, but I just don’t see either of them knowing what to do. The situation is definitely a heck of a lot more attractive with a young QB and a ton of cap space. If we go on a crazy losing streak, i would try and move as many players as possible that aren’t here for a while. Pryor, Kearse, either powell or Crowell, Claiborne, etc. Allow a new GM and HC to go into 2019 with around 100 mil and a ton of draft picks. Really want to get back in the second round so long as Mac isn’t making the pick. 

4 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

whoever the next coach is, it has to an innovative, young offensive minded guy.  the nfl barely allows you to play defense as is, gotta keep with the times

This is my biggest gripe. We are one of the few teams that still apparently think defense wins in a league that’s catered to offense. And all the other teams playing with great defense to win have a WAY better defense than us and offense (our point this week comes to mind).

16 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

whoever the next coach is, it has to an innovative, young offensive minded guy.  the nfl barely allows you to play defense as is, gotta keep with the times

There is a lot of truth in what you said. One of the games I watch Sunday, one of the announcers said that the league wanted higher scores. And I am sure it is TV that wants higher scores. They are hell bent on turning the NFL into arena football.

29 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Jets literally haven't had a head coach with an offensive background since Rich Kotite which was well over 2 decades ago at this point. 

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:26 AM, ekill08x said:

I still think the ownership is an issue. Chris has been better than Woody that’s for sure, but I just don’t see either of them knowing what to do. The situation is definitely a heck of a lot more attractive with a young QB and a ton of cap space. If we go on a crazy losing streak, i would try and move as many players as possible that aren’t here for a while. Pryor, Kearse, either powell or Crowell, Claiborne, etc. Allow a new GM and HC to go into 2019 with around 100 mil and a ton of draft picks. Really want to get back in the second round so long as Mac isn’t making the pick. 

I agree we have to build the O line, and the way things stand now without a second round pick its all on the FA period. And the only way we are going to get TOP offensive lineman is with a first or second pick. You don't get a Joe Thomas, Anthony Munzo, Joe Staley or Travis Frederick with mid to late round pick unless you a lucky and we are not lucky.

I also agree about the ownership, two trust fund kids running the show isn't working. Neither one of the Johnson twins wants to make waves, they don't have the *&^ to make a change.

37 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I agree we have to build the O line, and the way things stand now without a second round pick its all on the FA period. And the only way we are going to get TOP offensive lineman is with a first or second pick. You don't get a Joe Thomas, Anthony Munzo, Joe Staley or Travis Frederick with mid to late round pick unless you a lucky and we are not lucky.

I also agree about the ownership, two trust fund kids running the show isn't working. Neither one of the Johnson twins wants to make waves, they don't have the *&^ to make a change.

PFF actually has the Jets offensive line ranked 14th in the league, but when you watch them, it sure doesn’t seem like it.

Archived