McCaffrey vs Mixon PPR Dynasty league

JDLefebvre

Asked this question a while back in the other forum.  But still struggling and draft is 2 weeks away.

Everything I read so far about the 2 of them paints a picture of 2 studs with bright futures.  Neither seems to have seperated themselves from the other.  

I draft 1.3 in our 5 round rooikie draft and most likely Fournette and Davis will be gone.  Possible one of these guys go instead of Davis which will make my decision easier. 

So any opinions on who to take would be apreciated. 

23 hours ago, ziggy19 said:

non ppr, I take Mixon...hmmm it's closer, but Mixon no slouch as a pass catcher, so still Mixon for me. hard to go wrong, even Dalvin Cook.

I'm trying hard to talk myself into going with McCaffrey....but I keep going back to Micon.  Everything I read is glowing reviews for them both.  Can't see anything that seperates them except for Mixon's troubled past.  

There's just something in my bones telling me Mixon is going to blow up this season. 

I'm not super confident in Cam's ability to become a volume dump-down QB, and Jonathan Stewart is going to vulture a lot of goal line opportunities. If Mixon seizes 20+ touches a game as has been rumored by some Bengals reporters, he's going to be a top 5 RB. 

On 8/17/2017 at 2:31 PM, SoS said:

There's just something in my bones telling me Mixon is going to blow up this season. 

I'm not super confident in Cam's ability to become a volume dump-down QB, and Jonathan Stewart is going to vulture a lot of goal line opportunities. If Mixon seizes 20+ touches a game as has been rumored by some Bengals reporters, he's going to be a top 5 RB. 

Since it's a dyeasty league I'm looking at more than just this season.... still a tough decision.  thanks for your thoughts. 

24 minutes ago, JDLefebvre said:

Since it's a dyeasty league I'm looking at more than just this season.... still a tough decision.  thanks for your thoughts. 

I personally believe that if Mixon can leave his baggage at the airport, he has the talent to be an AD type player... but one with better hands who can catch the ball out of the backfield.

I just can't help but think that McCaffery's game relies too much on shiftiness to be a long term contributor.

You have to go with mixon and for me it's not close.  When was the last time a 200lb RB was worthy of a top selection in a FF draft?  The last few I can think of have all bombed.  Reggie Bush, Javid Best and CJ Spiller.  No way Mccafery ever carries the full load as a RB and furthermore I feel like at 200lbs he will not be able to take the beating of larger RB's.  I wouldn't touch CM as a keeper over any of the other 3 rookie backs.  

I think people are greatly underestimating Mixons risk. The guy could easily go the route of the any number of very talented idiots now it's of the league. McCaffrey comes from NFL lineage, is a professional, and has no off the field concerns. I'd be absolutely shocked if McCaffrey doesn't have a long, very good career. I'd be very shocked if Mixon doesn't eventually get back into trouble. 

In a re-draft league...sure, get Mixon. But in a dynasty league? McCaffrey will almost currently outlive Mixon as a quality back.

On 8/17/2017 at 2:31 PM, SoS said:

15 hours ago, JDLefebvre said:

According to my friend the commissioner McCaffrey will probably go 1.2.  So now it's between Davis and Mixon.  Don't really "need" one position more than the other.  

In a lot of leagues I have been drafting in, Davis has been falling to 5 or 6.

top usually looks like:

Fournette

Mixon

McCafferey

Cook

Hunt

Davis

Archived