5 Up, 5 Down

NudeTayne

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And a lot of that is because teams are doubling Garrett.

Ogunjobi has been great, no doubt, but Garrett was awfully good too, especially with all of the attention he was getting.

He also played like every snap, which is kinda dumb imo, but I guess depth is thin at the moment.

I agree he was chipped a bunch. He was solid.

He refuses to come out. He says he wants them to "have to account for him every single play"

Up

1. Baker the QB

2. Baker the leader

3. Baker the man who may be able to hide flaws

4. Team energy. Seemed to show up late in the 2nd quarter on offense.

5. Hue. Thanks for making Stanton inactive and saving you the opportunity to put him in.

Down

1. dosn't matter, Baker will find a way to win in spite of it.

1. Baker

2. Ogunjobi has been our best dlinemen through 3 weeks

3. Landry is better now than ever

4. Harrison is a good player

5. Schobert is our best LB

down

1. collins you have to watch he is not noticeable

2. We need more Chubb in our game

3. Special teams blows

4. special teams sucks

5. We may need a new kicker already, he got it in, but it didn't look good.. 

Up: The Baker Mayfield Edition

1. Todd Haley: It’s crazy how much a different QB can change the perception of a coordinator.  The offense changed entirely due to 6.

2. The OL: It’s crazy how much better an OL looks when the qb gets rid of the ball and has pocket awareness.  Holes in the running game just seem to open as well.

3. David Njoku:  Interestingly enough he seemed to be open and able to make plays when a qb is able to make some big d*ck throws.

4. Antonio Calloway: Jesus this kid has to be licking his chops at the thought of playing with Baker.  It looks like he’s got legit deep speed to consistently beat corners deep, and Baker, unlike Taylor, will give him a chance to make many more of those plays.

5. Juice:  Despite he and Taylor developing a decent chemistry throughout camp, Baker is the guy that can take Landry from very solid receiver to one of the league’s elite imo. 

Down: The Amos Jones Edition

1. Our special teams are a real problem right now.  If his previous coaching is any indication, we shouldn’t be terribly hopeful we’ll improve.

2. Jamie Collins: For as talented as he is, he’s not doing much right now.  At a minimum he’s our 3 best backer, clearly behind Schobert and Avery.  We need more from a guy with his skills than these JAG performances week after week.

3. Duke: They need to figure out a way to get him involved more.

4. Tyrod: I was never under the impression he was great, but he looked like the rookie last night, completely incompetent.

5. Peppers, the PR: Defensively he’s doing fine, but he seems absolutely lost as a returner.  He should know by now what he should field and what he shouldn’t.  He should know you can’t outrun these coverage guys running east-west, you need to get north-south. We need more from him in the return game.

7 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

The biggest up ever to John Dorsey.

Y’all know I love me some Sashi, he gave Dorsey the world tbh, but Dorsey has done well with it.

Baker and Ward look like fantastic picks, as do Avery and Calloway. Harrison looks good too.

Bringing in Taylor and Stanton around Baker was great as well, he understands how to build a QB room.

The thing Dorsey seems to be particularly sharp at is reading people.  He’s gambled on Calloway and Harrison, and Hill before them, and hasn’t been burned yet.  He also seems to put a premium on competitive attitudes, guys with an edge.  You need as many of those guys as you can get.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Y’all know I love me some Sashi, he gave Dorsey the world tbh, but Dorsey has done well with it.

Baker and Ward look like fantastic picks, as do Avery and Calloway. Harrison looks good too.

Bringing in Taylor and Stanton around Baker was great as well, he understands how to build a QB room.

The thing Dorsey seems to be particularly sharp at is reading people.  He’s gambled on Calloway and Harrison, and Hill before them, and hasn’t been burned yet.  He also seems to put a premium on competitive attitudes, guys with an edge.  You need as many of those guys as you can get.

I’m a Sachi fan as well and believe with him being a analytics guy he would of taken Baker. 

3 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

I’m a Sachi fan as well and believe with him being a analytics guy he would of taken Baker. 

Yeah we’ll never know for sure, but pretty much every analytic had Baker rated above everyone else, most by a healthy margin.

The traditional scouting community is who overwhelmingly favored Darnold it seems.

I personally thought both would be great picks.  I liked Rosen a lot too, just not for us.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah we’ll never know for sure, but pretty much every analytic had Baker rated above everyone else, most by a healthy margin.

The traditional scouting community is who overwhelmingly favored Darnold it seems.

I personally thought both would be great picks.  I liked Rosen a lot too, just not for us.

I was 1 Baker, 2 and a decent margin behind Darnold but wouldn’t of hated the pick. 3 Rosen and yeah not right at all for us.

then about 5 other guys before the late round sit for theee years develomental Guy Josh Allen. I was so afraid we would take him 

Archived