Let the Mayfield Mayhem Begin

Dawgpoun8017

6 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

PFF rated Baker 9th out of QBs. Right between Goff and Ryan. He was closer to first (Brees) than 19th (Carr). Allen was the next highest rated rookie QB at 25th. Lamar Jackson was 31st of 33. You'd think he'd be higher for all he does on defense and special teams, which score almost at the rate of him passing for TDs.

“But PFF is skewed and stupid because it doesn’t match my opinion...”

12 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

PFF rated Baker 9th out of QBs. Right between Goff and Ryan. He was closer to first (Brees) than 19th (Carr). Allen was the next highest rated rookie QB at 25th. Lamar Jackson was 31st of 33. You'd think he'd be higher for all he does on defense and special teams, which score almost at the rate of him passing for TDs.

BUT LAMAR JACKSON IS 6-1 AS A STARTER SO HE"S JUST AS GOOD AS BAKER!

- Ravens fans

10 minutes ago, DawgX said:

BUT LAMAR JACKSON IS 6-1 AS A STARTER SO HE"S JUST AS GOOD AS BAKER!

- Ravens fans

He’s played great this year.

He just can’t throw the ball.

Im not necessarily surprised he’s had some success, he’s not the first or last to win with his legs, but let’s see how well that style of play ages.

Jackson does have the arm talent to develop into some kind of decent thrower of the football. 

He is thicker than RG3 more like a Michael Vick, he will be able to take more hits than RG3, but they are getting through those hits pretty quick in Baltimore. 

27 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Im not necessarily surprised he’s had some success, he’s not the first or last to win with his legs, but let’s see how well that style of play ages.

I dunno about great. 6 passing TD and 5 rushing. 3 INTs and 12 fumbles. He got lucky losing only 4 fumbles but they won because of defense/special teams more than offense. What they are doing works, short term anyway but if he continues to be so inconsistent throwing the ball teams will take that run away.

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

I dunno about great. 6 passing TD and 5 rushing. 3 INTs and 12 fumbles. He got lucky losing only 4 fumbles but they won because of defense/special teams more than offense. What they are doing works, short term anyway but if he continues to be so inconsistent throwing the ball teams will take that run away.

I’m factoring his legs in too.

I mean, if I’m a Ravens fan I’m happy my team is winning, but his arm scares the hell out of me.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oh I agree. I'm not surprised that he has seen some initial success and Baltimore's coaching staff has done an admiral job of tailoring the offense to fit his skillset. But we've seen time and time again QBs like Jackson have initial success in the league, but then they aren't able to sustain it - at least not consistently. Guys like Vick, RG3, Vince Young, Kap, etc. all saw initial success and either faded away completely, or just became very inconsistent. If Lamar doesn't really develop as a passer - and I believe he has a long ways to go - then I'm not worried about facing him long-term.

Archived