Let the Mayfield Mayhem Begin

Dawgpoun8017

On 1/2/2019 at 10:40 PM, buno67 said:

Homer or not. What baker did vs a top tier defense is better than what Allen did vs crap Miami. Does Allen put up that performance against the Ravens? Does Baker flirt with 400yards passing if the browns play Miami?

I mean, c'mon man! There's some homerism in this.

If Baker Mayfield and Josh Allen traded opponents and stats and they gave it to Baker last week, would you be clamoring for them to take the award away from Baker and give it to Allen that week? Methinks not.

The NFL voting has nothing to do with what team you played. That'd be a horse crap way to determine something.

18 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

If Baker Mayfield and Josh Allen traded opponents and stats and they gave it to Baker last week, would you be clamoring for them to take the award away from Baker and give it to Allen that week? Methinks not.

The NFL voting has nothing to do with what team you played. That'd be a horse crap way to determine something.

I disagreed, you go against the 3rd best defense or the 25th best that's a huge difference imo. 

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

I would love to see Josh Allen throw for over 300yards on the Ravens. Heck if Allen flirted with 400yards vs the Ravens, I would say he is the rookie of the week for sure. 

8 hours ago, cattleman78 said:

Mel  Kiper,  Todd  McShay  and  Mike  Maycock  all rated  Baker 4th best out of the five top Q. bs. in last years draft.  However  P.F.F. had Baker rated number one by a wide margin. Oakland  just hired  Maycock as G.M.

My conclusion after reading this is that I should be the GM of a NFL team as I had Baker as the best 

9 hours ago, cattleman78 said:

Mel  Kiper,  Todd  McShay  and  Mike  Maycock  all rated  Baker 4th best out of the five top Q. bs. in last years draft.  However  P.F.F. had Baker rated number one by a wide margin. Oakland  just hired  Maycock as G.M.

I’m not sure how any human who’d ever watched football before could have rated Allen above Baker.

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not sure how any human who’d ever watched football before could have rated Allen above Baker.

Taller, stronger arm, didn't play in the Big 12.

Some people fall in love with measurables. Maybe Allen  will fix his accuracy issues and end up being really good, it is possible. It would be a huge gamble to take him over an accurate QB though, especially one who also could make all of the throws. I was just so relieved when we didn't take that gamble.

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m 100% convinced Kiper gets paid off to talk prospects up. It’s not like ESPN seems to care how bad he is at his job

5 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Taller, stronger arm, didn't play in the Big 12.

Stupid reasons then , stupid reason to believe in him now (not directed at you, just anyone who used those reasons as a basis for supporting him).  

5 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Some people fall in love with measurables. Maybe Allen  will fix his accuracy issues and end up being really good, it is possible. It would be a huge gamble to take him over an accurate QB though, especially one who also could make all of the throws. I was just so relieved when we didn't take that gamble.

It’s possible, but certainly not common. I feel like inaccurate QB’s tend to stay inaccurate.

29 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Stupid reasons then , stupid reason to believe in him now (not directed at you, just anyone who used those reasons as a basis for supporting him).  

It’s possible, but certainly not common. I feel like inaccurate QB’s tend to stay inaccurate.

Cough cough Derek Anderson cough cough

On 1/5/2019 at 10:43 AM, cattleman78 said:

Those three were having a knob polishing session with each other prior to making that moronic statement. Here is someone who knows better

Archived