Let the Mayfield Mayhem Begin

Dawgpoun8017

8 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Patriots' OL is consistently good with many no name players because they have arguably the best OL coach in the league.

We just hired one of the better ones. :D

Especially pass pro.

We are going to have an A+ pass pro line

We have to very aggressive offensive minds with Freddie and Bucs guy

A QB who is a savage. 

We are going to score 30 ppg next season.
My prediction if Baker stays healthy 4500 passing yards 45 tds

10 hours ago, DawgX said:

Patriots' OL is consistently good with many no name players because they have arguably the best OL coach in the league.

We just hired one of the better ones. :D

Schemes and QB helps out a lot too. Hell we saw what that does to an OL when we saw Baker and Freddie take over. 

Brady always makes the proper adjustment and knows where to go to with the ball. If all else fails, he knows he can dump it off to one of this stud Pass receiving RBs out of the back field

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Schemes and QB helps out a lot too. Hell we saw what that does to an OL when we saw Baker and Freddie take over. 

Brady always makes the proper adjustment and knows where to go to with the ball. If all else fails, he knows he can dump it off to one of this stud Pass receiving RBs out of the back field

This has always been my stance for a long time when folks complained about our line.

The idea that you are going to find 5 guys who are all capable of dominating the man across from them and pass blocking for 4 seconds like some fans seemingly demand is absurd.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This has always been my stance for a long time when folks complained about our line.

The idea that you are going to find 5 guys who are all capable of dominating the man across from them and pass blocking for 4 seconds like some fans seemingly demand is absurd.

Yep. Being the homer I am, I was bashing the hell out of Zeitler early on in the season Once baker came his play greatly improved and once Freddie started calling plays he was playing at an all pro level. 

I would have loved to see what Harrison could have looked like with Baker amen freddie but Robinson was playing too well to just pull him. Hell he is another example as well of what a QB and scheme will do for a blocker.

heck the browns finished with the best G-C-G combo in the league this year. They didn’t start that way. Gives me hope that once Corbett is given a chance he could be success. One I believe he has the natural talent but add in the QB and scheme he should be pretty good and now with the addition to Campen as the OL coach, it gives me even more hope. 

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Yep. Being the homer I am, I was bashing the hell out of Zeitler early on in the season Once baker came his play greatly improved and once Freddie started calling plays he was playing at an all pro level. 

Protest all you like, you’re king homer around these parts.

I would have loved to see what Harrison could have looked like with Baker amen freddie but Robinson was playing too well to just pull him. Hell he is another example as well of what a QB and scheme will do for a blocker.

I’m sure he’d have looked good too, for sure.

heck the browns finished with the best G-C-G combo in the league this year. They didn’t start that way. Gives me hope that once Corbett is given a chance he could be success. One I believe he has the natural talent but add in the QB and scheme he should be pretty good and now with the addition to Campen as the OL coach, it gives me even more hope. 

I think Corbett will be fine, he just wasn’t ready to start week one his rookie year.  That’s ok.

Hell, let him sit another year behind Tretter and then he can take over in 2020 after Tretter hits FA. There’s no need to rush him on the field.

33 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I hope he does. 

Id love nothing more than a Cleveland beat writer being so afraid of negative comments he blocks the starting QB of the team he covers on social media.

hehe it will never happen. He may be more subtly negative about Baker but he isn't going to try to take him on or block him or do anything to cause controversy with Baker. Unless he is a complete moron anyway.

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

hehe it will never happen. He may be more subtly negative about Baker but he isn't going to try to take him on or block him or do anything to cause controversy with Baker. Unless he is a complete moron anyway.

Yeah I doubt he could block him if he wanted tbh, his employer would likely pull rank at that point.

Archived