Let the Mayfield Mayhem Begin

Dawgpoun8017

29 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d say he’s like a mini Favre with that arm, but I haven’t seen enough.

@Mind Character, weigh in here.

So, now you're saying you want me to use my award winning investigative reporting chops once again to confirm that, "Baker is a Little-Favre.."

You sick bastard!!

Have you all already forgotten the heavy price that I paid for  this forum????

Don't you all remember THIS!!!!!!!! :

On 1/5/2018 at 11:42 AM, Mind Character said:

Can't wait to see what happens to this forum if the rumor is true and it was with Scot McCloughan in terms of the person Baker was drinking and partying all night with in Cleveland...they both showed up to the morning meeting drunk.... I'm actually the one that told @MistaBohmbastic this rumor LOL.... How you say?

Who's the source you ask? Let's just say that I once again put it on the line for the love of the game, team, and country. I followed Baker once he touched down in Cleveland using my Pulitzer Prize winning investigative journalists skills. As night began to fall, I knew that I'd have to go more incognito .... so I dressed in a.....(I'm sorry...it's still hard to speak of at the moment... I did it for the game) a certain "person of the night garb" so I could once again go undetected...:

It was a rough night....

200.gif#5-grid1

h7DAUs.gif

Scot, Bake, and I shared everything...we cried, we wept, we drank.... I can't say what exactly happened after that.... But I awoke to a note on the nightstand in what must've been Scot McCloughan's handwriting that said "Leader of Men...Little-Big Favre At #1 No Matter What..."

I sent my full report including DNA samples and photography (I hope Scot and Baker can forgive me) to Browns HQ with the ATTN to John Dorsey...

A source inside the building told me that he took one look at the evidence and shredded it up right before his meeting with Hue... WHY DIDN'T I SEND IT TO HUE AND JIMMY AS WELL????

All is lost... since then... there are Men in Black Ties trailing me wherever I go.... I fear that they will silence me....

Before they can I have ONE MORE HUGE NEWS BOMB TO DROP... at night Scot said... OMG THE MEN IN BLACK ARE AT THE DOOR!!!!... Scot said that at number 4 overall the Browns will select none other than dfaljl;laj df

@LETSGOBROWNIES 

Haven't I done enough??!!!

Fine, you're right... the work of an intrepid reporter must go on.

I will put the forum above myself and investigate if Favre and Baker are similar... I'll start by looking into their hand sizes again....

15 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

A lot of folks made light of the “leader of men” and “heehee” stuff, but I’ve never really said much about it.

The reason for that is I do actually believe in the idea that some men are born leaders/alphas/whatever, and have a natural ability to connect and lead other men.  

To that point, watch this video, it’s only a minute or two. The 3x Pro Bowler and established vet is gushing over the rookie. This is what those “leader of men” comments are referring to imo.

Baker's outward leadership qualities have always been elite/special and anyone with any evaluation skill would readily see that manifest itself in a wide variety of ways.

The "Leader of Men-ism" thing during every nfl draft process for me often discounts/discounted other archetypes of highly effective leadership styles that exists in sports organizations and the world in general.

Outward volatile emotion, swinging-d*ck, alpha male leadership is unanimously our favorite type of leadership as guys and we all recognize it as an elite and magnetic personality trait.

During the draft process, I think people's preference for that type of leadership often became the end all be all while other leadership styles of elite QBs like Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, etc. were ignored in favor of the clearly identifiable outward leadership archetype that we all love in elite QBs like Favre, Phillip Rivers, etc.

Such a preference caused many to think less outward leadership styles like those of QBs like Jared Goff and Aaron Rodgers meant those QBs couldn't "Lead men."

I think the real questions with Baker were about when the pendulum swung the other way toward the negative side of emotions where his emotional control and emotional immaturity negatively impacted decision-making and/or his ability to be a leader.

Hopefully he can keep the balance in the direction of the positive as success and his stardom continues to grow.

8 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Baker's outward leadership qualities have always been elite/special and anyone with any evaluation skill would readily see that manifest itself in a wide variety of ways.

The "Leader of Men-ism" thing during every nfl draft process for me often discounts/discounted other archetypes of highly effective leadership styles that exists in sports organizations and the world in general.

Outward volatile emotion, swinging-d*ck, alpha male leadership is unanimously our favorite type of leadership as guys and we all recognize it as an elite and magnetic personality trait.

During the draft process, I think people's preference for that type of leadership often became the end all be all while other leadership styles of elite QBs like Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, etc. were ignored in favor of the clearly identifiable outward leadership archetype that we all love in elite QBs like Favre, Phillip Rivers, etc.

Such a preference caused many to think less outward leadership styles like those of QBs like Jared Goff and Aaron Rodgers meant those QBs couldn't "Lead men."

I think the real questions with Baker were about when the pendulum swung the other way toward the negative side of emotions where his emotional control and emotional immaturity negatively impacted decision-making and/or his ability to be a leader.

Hopefully he can keep the balance in the direction of the positive as success and his stardom continues to grow.

Yeah I don't even know if it is leadership as much as love, like was stated in the LGB video. Sure, it turns into leadership because players will play hard for and always has the QBs back but I think it is more that Baker is approachable and likable and relates really well to his teammates. If you lead with an outward alpha leader there will be resentment from some. Some people just don't like that. What Baker seems to do is just have really good relationships with every teammate (just from what I have seen from the outside at OU and CLE) no matter if they are lower on the depth chart, on defense or from a completely different place that seems like they wouldn't relate to each other. He is outward, he isn't shy but he seems very well liked and respected so he doesn't have to be a hard *** his teammates respect him so much they don't think to debate what he says. It says as much about them as it does him.

So far so good in the NFL.

31 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

When I talk about leaders/alphas/etc, I don’t always mean the loudest ballbag in the room.  Some guys are quiet but others look to them for their opinions, that’s a leader too.

Baker just seems to have a confidence and swagger to him while also being down to earth and personable.  Like Thomas said, *every* teammate seemed to love the dude. 

Call it what you like, interpersonal skills, an ability to read and connect with others, leadership skills, etc., it’s what can separate a great athlete from a good one.

46 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

When I talk about leaders/alphas/etc, I don’t always mean the loudest ballbag in the room.  Some guys are quiet but others look to them for their opinions, that’s a leader too.

Baker just seems to have a confidence and swagger to him while also being down to earth and personable.  Like Thomas said, *every* teammate seemed to love the dude. 

Call it what you like, interpersonal skills, an ability to read and connect with others, leadership skills, etc., it’s what can separate a great athlete from a good one.

Yeah some guys just have it. Like Jim Jones, Charles Manson, David Koresh. Whatever "it" factor they had, Baker has.

6 hours ago, Mega Ron said:

Will they have the shirt on sale when I'm in Cleveland on the 7th?

www.aliexpress.com

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

A lot of folks made light of the “leader of men” and “heehee” stuff, but I’ve never really said much about it.

The reason for that is I do actually believe in the idea that some men are born leaders/alphas/whatever, and have a natural ability to connect and lead other men.  

To that point, watch this video, it’s only a minute or two. The 3x Pro Bowler and established vet is gushing over the rookie. This is what those “leader of men” comments are referring to imo.

Pretty sure my dog just farted raw sliced onions because IM CRYING

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

could you blame him. Landry is on pace for 106 catches 1450+ yards 

@Mind Character I'll agree Rodgers is not fiery like Mayfield, but he's more uppity than Darnold. 

Additionally, I see something different in Baker. He's not just emotional, it feels like it transcends words, moreso than Phillip Rivers. As I said, words don't describe what I see when watching it, but it's just some kinda swagger I've never witnessed before and it's incredible. I do get your point though and you're absolutely not wrong.

We should keep a running point differential total while Baker has been in games. So for it is +18 in just over a half.

A lot of people are now saying that we barely beat the Jets and there isn't anything to be excited about. Barely beating the Jets isn't a big deal, it was a must win and we were favored. However blowing them away 21-3 in the final 34 or so minutes tell a different tale. That's what I am taking away from it. We probably won't score on 66% of our drives under Baker but it should be a good percentage.

Archived