Let the Mayfield Mayhem Begin

Dawgpoun8017

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

Quote from Mayfield’s presser: “I’m happy with how I played, without any reps...”

Make the move Dorsey. Our blundering HC must be stopped.

Yeah I don't want to make something out of nothing but he also said, when asked about trusting Landry, that he had watched him in practice so he knew what he was capable of. He "watched" him as in he had no reps with him. Probably just reading into something that isn't there but I noticed the wording.

1 hour ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Oh I see why you wrote that. It sounds like I was saying the throw was inaccurate. No I didn’t mean that, I meant that every throw/decision was good, except that one.

That will happen in most games. Important not to overreact to those mistakes he will make.

It was Mayfield's mistake regardless I just don't think it was a timing issue and wasn't an accuracy issue. It wasn't a good decision, you are right about that.

Fortunately he throws with zip which will probably save him a few picks per year, "there is a reason they play defense"

23 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

It was Mayfield's mistake regardless I just don't think it was a timing issue and wasn't an accuracy issue. It wasn't a good decision, you are right about that.

Fortunately he throws with zip which will probably save him a few picks per year, "there is a reason they play defense"

It was a timing issue to the Point that baker found him too late and it allowed the help defender to make a play. Baker got to the read too late

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I still don’t think Hue would have made a move to Mayfield during the game if not for Tyrod getting hurt. And who knows about this week. We’d likely be sitting at 0-2-1. If we’d have just made the right move from the beginning I have to believe we’d be 3-0. Just another example of how our HC has held this team back.

It’s also pretty well known that having baker sit is a organizational philosophy agreed upon tho. Maybe hue naming him the back up was a way he could get Baker on the field and show that the kid can play and Dorsey won’t freak out for playing him early. 

Not going to say baker makes this team 3-0. We have no idea how the other variable work out / change cause Baker is playing

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

It’s also pretty well known that having baker sit is a organizational philosophy agreed upon tho. Maybe hue naming him the back up was a way he could get Baker on the field and show that the kid can play and Dorsey won’t freak out for playing him early. 

Not going to say baker makes this team 3-0. We have no idea how the other variable work out / change cause Baker is playing

Organizational philosophy clearly lobbied by Hue as his 2-year excuse for only having one win, due to being stuck with rookie QBs. Hue is officially out of excuses there. 

Fact remains, even average QB play the first 2 games and we clearly win both. Whether you choose to apply that to how Baker would have performed is up to you. But we got nothing out of that position or the offense in general. You can’t say that for Baker’s one half of play. 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

It was a timing issue to the Point that baker found him too late and it allowed the help defender to make a play. Baker got to the read too late

Maybe, I haven't seen an angle that confirms anything but it seems like the pass came as soon as Landry cut inside so it couldn't have been thrown earlier. Again, the all 22s could answer if that is accurate or not but from what I have seen that is the case. He just needs to do better at recognizing the defender in that situation in the future, although it won't be the last time he makes that mistake.

18 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

It requires discipline anyway, I don't reward for good behavior I punish for bad.

What is the deal? Are you really trolling your own forum? I like ya but you are making me sick to my stomach.

It's not trolling when the avatar is 1-0. It's also a symbol of getting shafted since '95. I liken it to how Che Guevara (For Buno: the communist guy on t-shirts) has been turned into a product in the very capitalist system he spent his whole lifetime fighting.  I'm not anti-forum, anti-browns, or anti-anything. I'm post-modern Browns. Post-Browns if you will. 

1 hour ago, Reginaldm9 said:

It's not trolling when the avatar is 1-0. It's also a symbol of getting shafted since '95. I liken it to how Che Guevara (For Buno: the communist guy on t-shirts) has been turned into a product in the very capitalist system he spent his whole lifetime fighting.  I'm not anti-forum, anti-browns, or anti-anything. I'm post-modern Browns. Post-Browns if you will. 

why you calling me out? Im the one who use to be a history teacher

1 hour ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I liken it to how Che Guevara (For Buno: the communist guy on t-shirts) has been turned into a product in the very capitalist system he spent his whole lifetime fighting.  I'm not anti-forum, anti-browns, or anti-anything. I'm post-modern Browns. Post-Browns if you will. 

@Reginaldm9 rn:

1363118203-hipster1.png

5 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Maybe, I haven't seen an angle that confirms anything but it seems like the pass came as soon as Landry cut inside so it couldn't have been thrown earlier. Again, the all 22s could answer if that is accurate or not but from what I have seen that is the case. He just needs to do better at recognizing the defender in that situation in the future, although it won't be the last time he makes that mistake.

I saw the link from the other thread, it was a late throw. He saw him late and even tried to rush his throw by short arming it, definitely a bad decision to try to squeeze it in there.

3 hours ago, Reginaldm9 said:

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095baaf8232f51314d63

Far out, dude.

7 hours ago, buno67 said:

I think the organizational decision to sit him is a separate issue from the coaching decision to not give him any reps at all with the first team offense.

Even Tom Brady's backups get first team reps. It is downright stupid to withhold those reps from your backup. Especially for a team that has started over 30 QBs in a decade.

Lol it’s crazy with Baker I don’t even care now that he wins or throws picks whatever 

I just want him to keep playing and learn 

I want to see him grow in this offense, hit Njocku, Calloway, and Jarvis on some big plays and learn

and honestly I don’t want to fire Hue

Archived