Why is everybody so frustrated after last night ?

doumeyer

The reason I am so frustrated is because Mayfield, who had no snaps with Browns first team last week, came into the game down 14 points, proceed to tear up our so called outstanding D backfield apart, and look like John Unitas, doing it.  The lousy playing calling sure didn't help. And Darnold, played like he did in some of his games at SO CAL, he is still a baby so he gets a pass. Darnold, will be back, but I am not sure about half of the JETS team.

3 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I'm frustrated that we still have to deal with embarrassing losses. Real teams lose, but with some shred of dignity. There was nothing dignified about our performance last night.

4 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I'm frustrated that we still have to deal with embarrassing losses. Real teams lose, but with some shred of dignity. There was nothing dignified about our performance last night.

Paint man, I think that is one of my problems also losing without showing some dignity. Your post hit the nail on the head

I said last night I said there would be a lot of finger pointing the day after the game.

So today I am point a finger at Leonard Williams, he has only two sacks in his last 22 games, when was the last time you saw Williams beat the Offensive tackle and sack the QB?  For a guy who was the six overall pick in the draft these are terrible numbers. He doesn't even put pressure on the QB.  No question he is a outstanding run stopper, but for a guy drafted that high we should get a lot more from him. Run stoppers on the D line are a dime a dozen.

Tomorrows finger pointing will be on Rob Anderson.

18 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I said last night I said there would be a lot of finger pointing the day after the game.

So today I am point a finger at Leonard Williams, he has only two sacks in his last 22 games, when was the last time you saw Williams beat the Offensive tackle and sack the QB?  For a guy who was the six overall pick in the draft these are terrible numbers. He doesn't even put pressure on the QB.  No question he is a outstanding run stopper, but for a guy drafted that high we should get a lot more from him. Run stoppers on the D line are a dime a dozen.

Tomorrows finger pointing will be on Rob Anderson.

You're right. Leonard Williams has left a ton to be desired. I wouldn't sign him long term, and would look to move him to be honest. We got more production so far out of Henry Anderson who was obtained for a 7th round pick. That being said, that might not say much for the market for Leonard Williams. Still think he belongs in a 4-3, but if we continue to run this same defense, we might as well try to swap him out for a decent player who is meant for this scheme. 

17 hours ago, ekill08x said:

You're right. Leonard Williams has left a ton to be desired. I wouldn't sign him long term, and would look to move him to be honest. We got more production so far out of Henry Anderson who was obtained for a 7th round pick. That being said, that might not say much for the market for Leonard Williams. Still think he belongs in a 4-3, but if we continue to run this same defense, we might as well try to swap him out for a decent player who is meant for this scheme. 

It’s all about managing expectations. People want Leo to be an elite sack producer because we don’t have one. That’s not who he is. To give up on him because he’s not an Aaron Donald/JJ Watt type is a joke... he has Fletcher Cox-career arch written all over him. 

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

It’s all about managing expectations. People want Leo to be an elite sack producer because we don’t have one. That’s not who he is. To give up on him because he’s not an Aaron Donald/JJ Watt type is a joke... he has Fletcher Cox-career arch written all over him. 

I think we all know what he is, a outstanding run stopper, but that is it. The big question is do you want to give him TEN Million a year next year.

Something I just found out, when Mr. Hess died his estate put the Jets up for sale, and the two bidders were The Johnson twins & Dolan yes the same Dolan who has screwed up the Knicks. You think we are %^$#*& up now it could have been Dolan as owner of the Jets.   

3 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

I see both sides of this. He will more than likely want too DL money when he’s really just a run stuffer. A guy getting top dollar should be more than that. There’s still 13 games left. But at this stage... I wouldn’t give him top dollar

4 hours ago, doumeyer said:

I think we all know what he is, a outstanding run stopper, but that is it. The big question is do you want to give him TEN Million a year next year.

Something I just found out, when Mr. Hess died his estate put the Jets up for sale, and the two bidders were The Johnson twins & Dolan yes the same Dolan who has screwed up the Knicks. You think we are %^$#*& up now it could have been Dolan as owner of the Jets.   

No 3-4 defensive end had more quarterback hits than Leonard Williams in 2017, who’s finished top-3 in the category every year of his career. But Williams knows if he wants to be elite, those hits must become sacks. 

Some other numbers on this: PFF credited Leonard Williams with 17 QB hits in 2017, more than the Rams' Aaron Donald (15), Raiders' Khalil Mack (13) and Broncos' Von Miller (12). Williams ranked 1st among 3-4 DEs, and 2nd when looping in 3-4 outside OLBs and 4-3 DEs.

PFF are always debatable metrics, but to call him just an outstanding run stopper is false. 

He's a disrupter. He disrupts the pocket and the run game. If we had a true edge rushing presence, his numbers would reflect that. He just isn't the type of transcendent pass rusher that can do it all on his own, and no one should expect that... 

42 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

PFF are always debatable metrics, but to call him just an outstanding run stopper is false. 

He's a disrupter. He disrupts the pocket and the run game. If we had a true edge rushing presence, his numbers would reflect that. He just isn't the type of transcendent pass rusher that can do it all on his own, and no one should expect that... 

like I said he is a great run stopper, but does he bat down passes NO, does he get sacks NO, does he get hurries on the QB NO. Can he run down a QB who leaves the pocket NO He is a DT playing End. He might be the best run defender in the NFL  Do I want him back next year YES, do I think he is a 10 million a year player NO.

3 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

like I said he is a great run stopper, but does he bat down passes NO, does he get sacks NO, does he get hurries on the QB NO. Can he run down a QB who leaves the pocket NO He is a DT playing End. He might be the best run defender in the NFL  Do I want him back next year YES, do I think he is a 10 million a year player NO.

The quote I provided you directly contradicts a lot of what you're saying. 

2 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Not saying you’re wrong but that was last year. In 3 games he hasnt shown high play

As painful as it was I rewatch the entire Brown game again.  And I said Darnold, looked like he did in some of his games at SO Cal, that is not true, the SO Cal games he had time to pass, in the Brown game the kid never had a chance he was rushed  EVER time he dropped to pass. Even on that long pass play to Enunwa, that set up one of our TD, he had One second to throw the ball. I DON'T care if we spend all 100 million we have in cap money to build a new offensive line. I don't know how we could do it thru the draft, we only have one pick in the first 72 picks at best.

I don't even want to get into our coaching staff & GM the other people on this board are correct they all have to go. But we all know deep down the Johnson twins are not going to fire anybody.

On 9/22/2018 at 4:29 PM, doumeyer said:

All those hits tell me is that he's not fast enough to actually get the QB despite all the hits. He can have more his than Mack, Donald, Von Miller, etc. they have better everything else and significantly greater impact on the game.

Archived