2018 NFL Draft Pre-Season Rankings

Scout

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Strong start @Scout.  Seems Orlando Brown [OT; Oklahoma] is a bit of a polarizing prospect.  Any chance he surpasses Connor Williams as the top tackle?

I don't think so, Brown is a really good player but Williams could be the best prospect in the draft

I agree with a lot that you have on here in terms of the list.   But there is some rankings I do not agree with and I do feel you missed a few players that I included below.  Not sure if you do not think they will declare or what...

Quin Blanding how in the world is he that low at safety?  Kid has been a player from the word go.  Improving a lot in coverage and has always been a really sound tackler.  

S

*Jessie Bates III Wake Forest RS SOPH - Kid is a super star, one of the best coverage safeties in the nation by far, could easily come out early in this years draft I think.

*Chase Hansen Utah RS JR - Outstanding safety prospect, very big strong kid and can really run.

*Jonathan Crawford Indiana - Wonderful ball skills and is active in coverage and can get ball carriers to the ground.

*Duke McGhee Minnesota RS - If he works on his targeting and gets that out of his game, kid is a very physical safety who is a impressive athlete overall.  

*Donovan Wilson Texas A&M - Nice smooth athlete in coverage, should have a big year this season I feel, versatile safety.  

CB

*Quenton Meeks Stanford JR - Not sure how he is not included, is one of the best corners in the country. Big physical and has good length and ball skills.  

*Isaiah Oliver Colorado JR - Very interesting prospect, had a fine year last season and I expect him to be even better this year.  

Skai Moore, not sure he falls that far unless he is not the same player he was.  His coverage potential at linebacker is really impressive and kid is a great playmaker, if he is back to the same old Skai Moore this year he is a 1st round pick.

LB

*Tegray Scales Indiana - No clue how he is not included, is one of the best linebackers in the country.  Extremely active, great tackler and could potentially be a fine middle linebacker or could even play strong side linebacker.  

*Koron Crump Arizona State - Needs to improve but his pass rushing ability alone makes him a very interesting prospect.  

*Manny Bowen Penn State JR - Very athletic linebacker and one of the better ones in the nation, should have a great year.

*Peter Kalambayi Stanford RS - Could have a real breakout year, has been around for a long time but has always been solid at the point of attack and is a very sound 3/4 OLB.

*Drue Tranquill Notre Dame - Could have a breakout year at linebacker, former safety now moved up, super strong player and good hitter.  

DT

*Harrison Phillips Stanford RS JR - Very good talent, will be one of the best defensive tackles in the country by the end of the season, has a great motor.  

*Steven Richardson Minnesota - No clue how he is not included, is easily one of the best defensive tackles in the nation.  Improving pass rushing and is very thick and strong, very solid talent, mid round at least if not possibly 2nd round with a good season.  

DE

*Jaylon Ferguson La Tech JR-  Really good pass rusher, could possibly be 1st round consideration with another good year.  Very productive pass rusher for sure with fine length. 

*Corbin Kaufusi BYU RS JR - Love his upside, huge kid and super long.  Got a taste last year and this season should be a lot more comfortable and productive.  

*Rasheem Green USC JR - Solid player for sure, nice talent who should be even better this year.

*Marcus Davenport UTSA -  Is a long athletic freak show, getting good production as a pass rusher and his super length makes him very interesting on the edge and as a potential 3/4 OLB.

*Eric Cotton Stanford - Strong at the point of attack, I like his toughness and he will really rise up the draft boards this year I think.  

*Ja'Von Rolland-Jones Arkansas St. - Another quick twitch pass rusher, really good off the edge and has a ton of potential as a 3/4 OLB.

C

*Bradley Bozeman Alabama RS - Solid player, some could have him as a guard but at center I think he showed a lot last year.  Good athlete and moves well for the position.  

*James Daniels Iowa JR - Really underrated guy, sure might not come out early but he is a fine talent.  Strong and very athletic, super impressed with him and he should really come into his own this year.  

*Alex Officer Pitt RS - Big mover, could be at guard also, I like his run blocking and size, nice player.

Martez Ivey not sure how he isn't the top guard.  Playing tackle now but kid is elite athletically and has a nasty side to him.  Give me Ivey or Nelson all day.  

OG

*Ross Pierschbacher Alabama RS JR - Very underrated guard, tough and solid, has been for awhile.  Might not come out early but could based on his talent.  

*Patrick Vahe Texas JR - Really good guard and is a early entry candidate for sure.  

*Salesi Uhatafe Utah - They lost a ton off that OL at Utah, see if Uhatafe can step in and be the man, I liked him a lot last year.  

*Cody O'Connell Washington State RS - Just massive and a really good pass protector for his size.  If he shows a little more nasty to his game and improves he could be a 2nd round pick possibly.  

*Shamire Devine Georgia Tech RS - A lot of upside, still need to see more out of him but kid is a giant and there is a lot to work with.  

*Jonathan Alvarez Oklahoma - I like his toughness, does need to stay healthy though but if he can he is a solid player.

OT

*Yosuah Nijman Virgina Tech JR - Another very talented player, huge kid that shows some flashes last year and should be even better this season.

*Dalton Risner Kansas State JR - Really like his toughness and athletic ability, can play a lot of positions.  Probably will not come out early but is talented enough to.  

*Kyle Meadows Kentucky - Tough kid, very underrated tackle I feel.  I think he will be drafted, really like him in the run game.  

*David Knevel Nebraska - Ton of upside, hopefully he can live up to it, just a mountain out there and is not bad in pass protection at times.

*Darius James Auburn - Very physical run blocker, could possibly play at guard also.  Is a nice looking prospect for sure.  

*Tyler Howell Missouri- Huge kid, surprising how good he is in pass pro.  With a little work and improvement he will be a drafted OT I think.  

Mike Gesicki I have a lot higher than that.  Kid is a pass catching nightmare to cover at tight and if he gets a little thicker and more willing to hold up on the line blocking there he will be a great prospect. And has done this against top flight competition.

TE

*Marcus Baugh Ohio State - How he is not including in the TEs I have no clue.  He is big, thick, good enough pass catcher and solid blocker.  Should have a breakout year this season.  

*Ryan Izzo Florida State JR - Really good route runner and hands, could have a huge year this season and be one of the main targets as a pass catcher.  Not sure he is an early entry guy but his talent alone puts him in the category potentially.

*Ethan Wolf Tennessee - Solid blocker, needs to improve as a pass catcher but for a big body TE he is a interesting talent.  

*C'yontai Lewis Florida JR - Very talented tight end I think, should have a big year and could be a early entry guy.

*Adam Breneman UMASS RS JR - Is just as good as any other pass catching TE in the nation, very athletic and plays very similar to a WR.  Needs to work on some things but as a matchup TE pass catcher he is a mid round pick for sure.

*Khalid Hill Michigan RS - Blocking alone and ability to play FB/HB, he is a very interesting talent I think.  And many of the other Michigan TEs could have big years and become fine prospects in a short period of time.

WR

*Simmie Cobbs Jr Indiana RS JR - Is better than many of the WRs you have listed.  Is very underrated, great after the catch and is aggressive going after the football.  If he can stay healthy he will be just fine.  

*Nick Westbrook Indiana JR - Another very talented Indiana WR, one of the most talented pass catchers in the country arguably.  Might not come out early but still talent wise he is right up there with many of them.

Damien Harris not sure how he would be rated that high, he is not even the best back on his team.  Sure he is solid and has good feet and runs well but athletically nothing about him is elite to me.  Bo will get a lot of carries and is scary to handle and Najee is going to be a beast and potentially take some carries from D.Harris as well this year.  

RB

*Jaylen Samuels NC State - Kid is a outstanding receiver and that alone makes him very interesting at RB.  Could play slot WR as well potentially or a HB type possibly.  Very talented pass catcher for sure and will be drafted no doubt next year.  

*Ronald Jones II USC JR - He is a lot better than many of the backs you have listed.  Should have a breakout year, big time speed and quickness, very elite athletically.  

QB

*Deondre Francois Florida State RS SOPH - No clue how he is not included, he is just as good as Darnold or Allen.  Sure is not 6-4 but kid took an absolute pounding last year and still came back from it.  Strong arm and great leader, I expect him to be just as good as those other guys.  

*Kyle Allen Houston RS - Amazing arm talent, and with a big year on Houston will be a very wanted prospect potentially.  Real big time arm talent though for sure.  

*Lamar Jackson Louisville JR - Not sure he will go that low, if his trajectory this year is similar to his FR - SOPH jump he will be insanely good.  Athletically is as good as anyone and has about as strong of a arm as anyone as well.  Better in the pocket than people think but the similarities to  Vick are a little concerning.  Not sure Vick's NFL career would be considering an amazing success...

*Richard Lagow Indiana - Another very big tall quarterback with a impressive arm.  If he improves off last year he will be a drafted QB, very good upside and potential.

*Kenny Hill TCU RS - Very nice player and will be drafted, liked his play last year and should be even better this season, good athlete and can make plays.

*Jarrett Stidham Auburn RS JR - Kid is going to play really well I think this season.  Very athletic and a really strong arm, should blowup this year and is one of the better QB prospects around.

On 8/18/2017 at 10:18 AM, ttitansfan4life said:

Lol at Mark Walton not in your top 10 at RB let alone the top 22. Same goes for Kendrick Norton and RJ McIntosh at DT.

I've had a few comments on this so wanted to clear it up: there are only so many underclassmen that can be done in the summer. They're missing because I haven't done any of these 3. I'll catch them in January if/when they declare.

On 8/17/2017 at 9:10 PM, CWood21 said:

@Scout where do you fall in Josh Allen's accuracy concerns?

I think he has some lower body stuff to smooth out and needs to learn to throw with touch, but overall has good accuracy. The throws he makes on the move look like Rodgers.

In any other year Allen is by far the #1 QB prospect, went back and forth with him and Rosen for #2. Rosen just throws with more accuracy and processes better. 

On 8/18/2017 at 5:22 PM, Ozzy said:

*Shamire Devine Georgia Tech RS - A lot of upside, still need to see more out of him but kid is a giant and there is a lot to work with.  

Wish he didn't commit to Georgia Tech, he would've had the chance to develop his pass set had he gone to a team with a real offense. He was a great high school recruit, someone is going to take him with the hope that his pass set is still salvageable. He's huge and he gets movement in the run game. Really like him.

4 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

Wish he didn't commit to Georgia Tech, he would've had the chance to develop his pass set had he gone to a team with a real offense. He was a great high school recruit, someone is going to take him with the hope that his pass set is still salvageable. He's huge and he gets movement in the run game. Really like him.

Yeah he seems to be in and out of the lineup a lot, not a consistent starter.  Not sure he moves well enough pulling for that offense but like you said would be curious if he would have went to another school what he would be like.  Hopefully he at least gets consistent playing time this year.  They have a few starting OLs that are 265 - 280, kind of nuts and they have some good players but not good enough to completely bench Devine with his size and ability I feel.  Still if you are starting 265 offensive lineman, the guy 6-8 380 or whatever it is might not be a good fit for your system....  Must be a smart kid academically because not sure why he did not transfer earlier.    

Archived