How Important is AB?

One Punch Man

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Hot take:  Ryan Shazier was more important to our success than Antonio Brown.

I agree with that and by the way I would bet money that it San Antonio Brown went to Buffalo or Arizona that he would not put up the numbers that he puts up with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Both of those teams are terrible they do not have the quarterback play that we have in Pittsburgh all be the quarterback play in Pittsburgh is kind of losing its luster from one season to the next

7 hours ago, warfelg said:

Hot take:  Ryan Shazier was more important to our success than Antonio Brown.

Shazier helped a weakness become tolerable, while the offence without AB would just mean we would spread the catches around and have lower scoring games. I am all for top D, but think it is overrated how much impact Shazier had when the real issues are in the secondary and have been.  The ILB doesn't fix that from what I can remember, and I thought Shazier was a legit DPOY special type player .  These media people that talk about our D with shazier forget how pathetically easy our schedule was.  

If AB was to keep acting up (and of course get away with it) he will be known as a me first type player if he already isn't. Just what this team needs less of, but with his skills and work ethic, I can't imagine him being traded.   If this team keeps sliding and losing, maybe the team will do something but I expect no changes this season other than out of shape bell to take a snap and preserve for his next deal. Him showing up last minute for the playoff game should have been a hint, but once again they let that go too.  Anyone else starting to get sick of all the BS with this regime?

On 9/22/2018 at 7:16 PM, 3rivers said:

If AB was to keep acting up (and of course get away with it) he will be known as a me first type player if he already isn't.

I don't see why he would be. AB has had sideline ourbursts a few times but every one was in a loss, and he has had games where he has 3 catches and 35 yards and is celebrating with another guy after he scored a TD to go up 20+ points.

AB hates losing, not "not padding stats". For all we know, he was arguing about the scheme or missed opportunities or something else, not nessecarily just being upset he didn't get 40 targets last week.

3 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

I don't see why he would be. AB has had sideline ourbursts a few times but every one was in a loss, and he has had games where he has 3 catches and 35 yards and is celebrating with another guy after he scored a TD to go up 20+ points.

AB hates losing, not "not padding stats". For all we know, he was arguing about the scheme or missed opportunities or something else, not nessecarily just being upset he didn't get 40 targets last week.

Shannon Sharpe already thinks AB is a me first type of player and he knows more about all this than me. I cut AB slack since he has work ethic  and skill/results. I don't care for hot headed behaviour on the sidelines,  and if it was to occur often, then the coach needs to take care of this.

JuJU can be elite, but will it cause problem with AB? WR's have ego issues,  it's a matter of keeping everyone happy . 

Archived