Max Unger eyeing 3rd preseason game for return

Dome

Max Unger, who started training camp on the physically unable to perform (PUP) list after undergoing foot surgery in May, was on the field Monday in pads and participated in the stretching and conditioning portion of practice. 

While Unger did not go through individual and team-related drills, coach Sean Payton points out the original timetable of the third preseason game for Unger's return remains intact. 

"He's on schedule," Payton said. 

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2017/08/saints_max_unger_on_schedule_t.html#incart_river_index

4 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

He's on schedule according to the 2 recently fired doctors, I suppose?

Looking forward to Unger being back in the Mix.

Hahaha!!!

Yeah you right about dem doctors... On schedule means he likely has some unknown condition were not yet aware of!

Think about these doctors for a minute... Keenan Lewis, CJ Spiller, Nick Fairley, Jarius Byrd, etc.

How much have they themselves set this franchise back?

We need a house cleaning... Everything under Benson must go!

1 hour ago, whodatworm23 said:

Think about these doctors for a minute... Keenan Lewis, CJ Spiller, Nick Fairley, Jarius Byrd, etc.

How much have they themselves set this franchise back?

Yeah, if you think about it, there have been a multitude of missed injuries, or passes on injuries that probably should have kept players out of the game or even off the team, specifically the last 3 you named above.  Pierre Thomas and his 10+ week high ankle sprain that ultimately cost him his career with the Saints. Was that broken too?

20 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

Yeah, if you think about it, there have been a multitude of missed injuries, or passes on injuries that probably should have kept players out of the game or even off the team, specifically the last 3 you named above.  Pierre Thomas and his 10+ week high ankle sprain that ultimately cost him his career with the Saints. Was that broken too?

PT will always be one of my fav Saints of all time... To think they could have cost him his career is enough for me to hate this regime even more.

3 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

PT will always be one of my fav Saints of all time... To think they could have cost him his career is enough for me to hate this regime even more.

Well, I mean, I wanna be fair to Sean Payton, how much control has he had over this?  Does he really deserve the blame for doctor incompetency?  Maybe he does, I don't know.  I don't really keep up with the inner workings of the medical staff.  I simply assume doctors should be able to diagnose broken legs.

2 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Well, I mean, I wanna be fair to Sean Payton, how much control has he had over this?  Does he really deserve the blame for doctor incompetency?  Maybe he does, I don't know.  I don't really keep up with the inner workings of the medical staff.  I simply assume doctors should be able to diagnose broken legs.

I hear what your saying but Sean Payton has his fingerprints all over every aspect of this franchise and the medical staff has been a major issue for YEARS just like his former coaches but now that his neck is on the chopping block hes firing coaches, doctors and trading and cutting players. Hes doing things he should have done years ago and now it seems his a day late and a dollor short. His (Paytons) desperation will be fun to watch this year if the season goes south.

9 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

I hope we're all eating crow at the end of this season. Somehow, I suspect we won't be.

They'll probably win 9 games which is just enough to keep the circus in town. 

Archived