2018 CFB/2019 Draft Prospects

DreamKid

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

I am looking at Nick Fitzgerald from Mississippi State University today.

Nobody thinks he is an NFL QB, but he is big, fast, and tough. He would be an interesting weapon to pair with Lamar, but also a nice backup QB given our offense. 

Haven’t seen him, but I would still prefer us to keep RGIII as the backup QB and if anything we have seen what a player like the 3 QB in New Orleans can do. That type of do-it-all could be something to target in the draft if we want an extra arm who could also be used on gameday.

14 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

@diamondbull424

You might have an early hit on Nasir. Smart addition to your first mock. Exact type of guy our FO will heat seek. 

Also, didn't you do something like this for our team?

https://dynastyfootballfactory.com/nfl-draft-what-if-every-qb-in-the-2019-class-was-an-avenger/

Similar enough, but IIRC it was for the Ravens squad. I definitely think I got way too into that.

22 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Harbaugh & Rosburg 

...Consider him on our radar lol.

Yeah, definitely like what I see from Adderley. He’s probably one of those smaller school players that blow up the senior bowl, combine, and pro day to put himself into the early day two conversation, but I would love to grab him as a steal on day 3 like in my mock, but we’ll see what happens.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

give me Cody Ford in the 1st and Juan Thornhill in the 3rd.

Ford is playing RT but should be the heir to Yanda, who if i'm not mistaking took the exact same route form college tackle to guard in the pros.

Thornhill has excellent ball skills from what i can tell (or have read) and i want a FS to cover the deep pass first, we have enough run defenders up front and Elliot / Clarke thrive in that too.
here he was defending a pass from the former Cardinal Lamar Jackson.

4 hours ago, berlin calling said:

give me Cody Ford in the 1st and Juan Thornhill in the 3rd.

Ford is playing RT but should be the heir to Yanda, who if i'm not mistaking took the exact same route form college tackle to guard in the pros.

Thornhill has excellent ball skills from what i can tell (or have read) and i want a FS to cover the deep pass first, we have enough run defenders up front and Elliot / Clarke thrive in that too.
here he was defending a pass from the former Cardinal Lamar Jackson.

Thornhill made a very nice pick and return in the bowl against SCAR.

56 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

BPA BPA BPA. Don't want another Derwin James scenario.

TBF, he wasn’t on the board when we ultimately made our selection. You could make the case we shouldn’t have made the second trade down (and I may agree), but I’m not sure it can be called abandoning the concept of BPA. 

11 hours ago, DreamKid said:

@diamondbull424

You might have an early hit on Nasir. Smart addition to your first mock. Exact type of guy our FO will heat seek. 

Also, didn't you do something like this for our team?

https://dynastyfootballfactory.com/nfl-draft-what-if-every-qb-in-the-2019-class-was-an-avenger/

I think we are already a couple in here who see him as a potential addition who could also be a free safety for us. I am certainly intrigued.

Edit: And I can see I am not the only one who also likes Thornhill. Had him in my first Ravens wish list mock I made in case we didn't win sunday.

Edited by Danand
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Who are the Day 1/Day 2 receivers catching your guys' eyes? Assuming Brown walks, we're looking like we're gonna be pretty thin at wideout again going into next year, and if possible I'd love to find some talented youngish receivers to pair with/grow alongside Lamar. 

Yeah I’ve been thinking of this for some time and so I’ve been going full on scouting mode for receivers. Based on what I’ve seen from Lamar Jackson as a thrower (and our offensive system) the best wide receiver for us would be JJ Arcega-Whiteside.

Lamar (like Flacco before him) isn’t ever going to be an elite accuracy QB and so it will be important to supply him with receivers that have a wide catch radius and whom can make quick adjustments to the ball. Also defenses have consistently relied on using zone defenses to try and use it as a method of all defenders watching the QB to know where Lamar is at all times. Therefore guys who do a great job of finding soft spots in zone will be excellent fits alongside Lamar. We also run the football a lot so it’ll be important to identify receivers that will be willing blockers and above the receptions ego.

JJ excels in all of the above. If you were to draw up a receiver to be the perfect fit for our Lamar Jackson run offense, it would be JJ. He’s not “THE BEST” receiver in this draft class. Those honors will probably go to either AJ Brown or DK Metcalf, but JJ has some of the top hands in the class, is a great jump ball artist, and adjusts well to balls thrown low or high. He’s essentially the Mark Andrews of this wide receiver class.

1. JJ Arcega-Whiteside- comp: Shorter and more fluid Mike Evans or a bigger more physical Adam Thielen.

2. AJ Brown- comp: Juju Smith-Schuster.

3. DK Metcalf- comp: Andre Johnson potential.

4. N’Keal Harry- comp: Anquan Boldin.

5. Hollywood Brown- comp: Desean Jackson.