2018 CFB/2019 Draft Prospects

DreamKid

7 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

I'm interested in hearing more about some of these RB's who might be available in the 3rd and 4th rounds - who are good NFL comp's for Bryce Love, Darrell Henderson, and David Montgomery? 

Only good comparison I have seen is Darrell Henderson = faster MJD.

I think Love is the only one lasting to round 3-5, Montgomery has late 1. potential and Henderson has 2. round pick written all over him. Imo we have to find the big play guy outside of those two, but I hope Henderson could be there for us.

43 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

I'm interested in hearing more about some of these RB's who might be available in the 3rd and 4th rounds - who are good NFL comp's for Bryce Love, Darrell Henderson, and David Montgomery? 

These are my working comps for these players at the moment.

Bryce Love = Priest Holmes

Darrell Henderson = Brian Westbrook

David Montgomery = Marshawn Lynch

On 1/17/2019 at 12:56 PM, berlin calling said:

thoughts on Sam Mustipher, C, ND?

i really like him as a sleeper pick 3rd or 4th round.

doesn't hurt that his former team mate Quentin Nelson speaks very highly of him.

Sums up my thoughts FTMP.

Round Four (Comp):

Sam Mustipher, C, Notre Dame

6’2” 305 lbs, #53

I think there is something to be said about the consistency that Mustipher brings to the table. He likely falls a bit in the draft because he doesn’t come with ideal size and length to have versatility along the OL, he’s a center only selection. That being said he’s played on an OL that has shown to really produce some quality pro talent recently. He doesn’t seem to lose the leverage battle often and with his size also comes the leverage advantage with a lower center of gravity. An underrated skill looked at but I also like what I see from him as a snapper if the ball, rarely do I see high quick snaps. He’s able to snap the ball with quality speed all while taking on interior behemoths or pulling around the edge. He’s a natural at snapping the football and that along would upgrade what we currently have in Matt Skura. With Mustipher the competition for the center job would be incredibly fierce and it wouldn’t surprise me if Mustipher beats out Dieter, Bozeman, and Skura to be the starter.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DreamKid said:

DJ's first mock of the season has some wacky picks going down imo, but he us nabbing Nasir Adderley. So I can't complain.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001011490/article/daniel-jeremiah-mock-draft-10-kyler-murray-lands-with-patriots

His mock makes sense to me. That’s where all the other mocks will be in the next few weeks FTMP. The players he had at the top were the ones I was most impressed by when watching their tape.

Interesting that he has Jonah Williams falling to pick #18. He would actually be an OL that I could get down with selecting at pick #22.

Beyond that, not a fan of taking Adderley in the first, I like him, but his sudden rise feels a little too much like what happened with Hayden Hurst last year. I went from being a huge fan to against the pick because of value. I’ll have to watch more tape to see if I think he’s got 1st round talent. As it stands I’d love him in the second, but the first seems a little too rich. But maybe that’s just because I’m all in on the JJ Arcega-Whiteside at pick #22 train.

4 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

The players he had at the top were the ones I was most impressed by when watching their tape.

Josh Jacobs, Rashan Gary, and Daniel Jones that high?

Those names jumped out at me.

Also, when is the last time 2 TEs from the same school went in the 1st Round? That would be quite the achievement for the Iowa program. Who is already riding high having sent George Kittle into the league. Though Iowa didn't exactly send Kittle off proudly.

11 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Josh Jacobs, Rashan Gary, and Daniel Jones that high?

Those names jumped out at me.

Also, when is the last time 2 TEs from the same school went in the 1st Round? That would be quite the achievement for the Iowa program. Who is already riding high having sent George Kittle into the league. Though Iowa didn't exactly send Kittle off proudly.

I can definitely see it. He was one of the most impactful DL players that I scouted. I still like Jeffery Simmons more, but especially considering his video I could see a team going for Gary first.

The other two guys I haven’t watched any tape on, they were the only “surprises” but everything else tends to fit with my own tape alignments, so I’ll trust his opinion on those players until I can build my own judgments.

But with how depressed this QB class is, it doesn’t suprise me that another option could make his presence known early on in a Joe Flacco kind of way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BareYourTeeth said:

Bucky Brooks and DJ both have Christian Wilkins falling around our range.

How do you guys feel about him? 

I haven't watched him that closely, but some things I like about him, and some things I am less impressed about. If we are going with an early round dline, I would want the complete package, I don't know if Wilkins is that yet.

On 1/19/2019 at 7:10 AM, diamondbull424 said:

His mock makes sense to me. That’s where all the other mocks will be in the next few weeks FTMP. The players he had at the top were the ones I was most impressed by when watching their tape.

Interesting that he has Jonah Williams falling to pick #18. He would actually be an OL that I could get down with selecting at pick #22.

Beyond that, not a fan of taking Adderley in the first, I like him, but his sudden rise feels a little too much like what happened with Hayden Hurst last year. I went from being a huge fan to against the pick because of value. I’ll have to watch more tape to see if I think he’s got 1st round talent. As it stands I’d love him in the second, but the first seems a little too rich. But maybe that’s just because I’m all in on the JJ Arcega-Whiteside at pick #22 train.

I thought Hurst was considered one of the top TE prospects throughout the entire draft process?

2 hours ago, sp6488 said:

I thought Hurst was considered one of the top TE prospects throughout the entire draft process?

He was, but that doesn't mean getting him in the 1st was great value. Talk of Hurst as a potential surprise 1st Rounder popped up rather quickly right before the draft. I guess DB is comparing that quick rise to Adderley's own climb from "Mid-Round Sleeper" to a bonafide 1st Round lock.

I think the situations are a little different in that most analysts hadn't even looked at Nasir yet and the process is just beginning though. It's a pretty routine occurrence as far as draft season goes. Just as common as players that everyone thinks will go super high then falling down boards. I liken Nasir to Marcus Davenport from last year. Small School, but Great Tape - so why would they go late? - GMs won't hesitate - to make a pick fans will celebrate. :D.