2018 CFB/2019 Draft Prospects

DreamKid

On 2/3/2019 at 1:26 AM, Danand said:

Him and Andy Isabella are some of my favorites at WR so far.

Same. I agree with the concept of getting Lamar massive radius targets, to compensate for his less than ideal accuracy, but at the end of the day he isn't a neophyte out there. He's a capable and productive thrower that has had success with a wide array of targets. Jackson doesn't need training wheels, he needs playmakers- like any other offense/QB does. 

Enter Isabella. He's a monster & we should pick him. It's that simple.

It's a nightmare to contain AI as is, but on extended plays with Lamar.........that's a hell Defensive Coordinators won't want to face. 

Isabella is the player our offense is missing. Get the ball in his hands and he can make things happen. He isn't your typical or basic SWR, he's a playmaker and true force out there. 

NE had Hernandez - Gronkowski - Edelman, lets build our own core with Hurst - Andrews - Isabella.

AI against big time competition-

AI at the Senior Bowl-

I want to hammer the point home. Isabella isn't a quicker than fast, carbon copy SWR prospect, he will make house calls.

I watched the Chargers WC game recently. Those errant passes from Lamar Jackson, a receiver with a great catch radius wouldn't have been able to catch those balls. LJ either put the ball where it need to be, or he is way off. I don't buy the "large catch radius" as a thing he "needs", just wide receivers who get open. Isabella could be a younger John Brown type with a little more twitch to take advantage of screens.

We pick 22nd. To give some idea of who could be available, here's the top 21 I see being picked ATP.

1. QB: Dwayne Haskins

2. QB: Kyler Murray

3. QB: Drew Lock

4. OL Jonah Williams

5. OL Jawaan Taylor

6. OL Dalton Risner

7. OL Cody Ford

8. OL Andre Dillard

9. EDGE Nick Bosa

10. EDGE Josh Allen

11. EDGE Brian Burns

12. EDGE Jachai Polite

13. EDGE Clellin Ferrell

14. IDL Quinnen Williams

15. IDL Ed Oliver

16. IDL Jeffrey Simmons

17. LB Devin White

18. CB Greedy Williams

19. CB Byron Murphy

20. CB DeAndre Baker

21. WR DK Metcalf

So #22________?

The highest rated need players left on the board from what I've seen would then be-  G: Chris Lindstrom  C: Garrett Bradbury FS: Nasir Adderley. There is too much variance among WR rankings for me to pick one player over another, but all except DK would be left.

Malik Grant has fun tape. Traditional SS with Dime LB versatility. Super Physical. Tone Setter. Violent Finisher. Great energy to Grant. He walked on at Marshall and clearly carries a big time chip. Red Star Player. He's a later round guy, but he would be a strong addition. You can't have enough talented safeties in today's game. 

8 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

My cousin has been gassing up this Darrell Henderson out of Memphis, how does he look to y'all? I think he looks cool and wouldn't mind if the Ravens did snag him up in the mid-rounds.

I think he could be a target for sure. He's a home run hitter that takes advantage of large holes created by his offensive line. We would be a great match for him and his skill set. There's no doubt that our FO wants to add an explosive element to our running game. 

We struggled mightily to pop runs over 20 yards, and in fact didn't get one until the TB game I believe. Ending up with 6 total from our HBs(Edwards 4, Dixon 2).

Lamar Jackson and the lanes he opens up provide an opportunity for hyper efficient performances from our runners, adding an explosive element would capitalize on that opportunity even more.

Problem is, the cost of Darrell Henderson. He's usually mocked fairly high and I'm not comfortable with that level of investment. We have De'Lance Turner lying in wait who impressed during the preseason, and he offers quite a bit of explosion himself. So at the right price Henderson would be an intriguing and welcomed addition but with a decent stable of runners in house, it's hard to see us overextending to obtain his services. 

Decosta on the draft-

“I think what we really want is just good players,” DeCosta said. “We want guys that can make plays – playmakers, guys that have the chance to help us win a football game in crunch time. We also want big, physical, tough, aggressive, nasty, mean offensive linemen who can protect Lamar and help open up some running holes.

“We want tight ends who can make plays. We want running backs who can take the tough yard; we want running backs who can break big gainers. I think what we really want is a guy that when you watch them, you watch 10 plays and you say, ‘You know what? This guy is good.’ You don’t have to watch five games to watch a guy to say, ‘This is the type of guy we want.’”

“I think we embrace the challenge of building the best team we can, the best offense that we can, the best defense that we can, and we’ve got a quarterback with a unique skillset, and so how best can we make him better?” DeCosta said. “What types of players are we looking for? A lot of that is going to happen with input from the coaches and what they think is best for Lamar, and this is a really, really fun, exciting offseason, because we get a chance to look at other teams, and maybe even have the chance to draft some players or add some players that maybe other teams don’t like as much as we do because we’re doing something different. So, we may be able to find or exploit that situation a little bit.”

8 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

My cousin has been gassing up this Darrell Henderson out of Memphis, how does he look to y'all? I think he looks cool and wouldn't mind if the Ravens did snag him up in the mid-rounds.

One of my absolute favorites, but I believe he is a sure fire 2. round pick and long gone before we pick in the 3. round.