2018 CFB/2019 Draft Prospects

DreamKid

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/1/31/18204451/2019-nfl-draft-scout-nasir-adderley-safety-preview-seattle-seahawks-projection-breakdown-tape-all-22

^^^ That's a good analysis of Nasir's game. I think some of the conclusions he comes to based off of it are somewhat unfair to Adderley, but overall it's a strong review of his strengths and weaknesses backed up with evidence.

3 minutes ago, CalhounLambeau said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bu7VCs3ld5efCR3fDjj_vM09KjYbY_SBDkdJHRJPOew/edit?usp=sharing

2019 NFL Draft Database. Good draft resource. Updated all the combine players. All the video organized here. Have at it. 

Thanks. Appreciate all the work you put in, especially on getting after those DOBs. Can't be easy.

• Like 1

Get ready for Chris Lindstrom to be mocked to us a lot. He and Bradbury are in that next group of OL that will go after the early run on all of the Tackles. Either one of them are highly likely to be picked by us. 

https://lastwordonprofootball.com/2019/02/09/chris-lindstrom-2019-nfl-draft-profile/

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/02/05/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-chris-lindstrom/

Edited by DreamKid

On 9.2.2019 at 12:02 AM, DreamKid said:

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/1/31/18204451/2019-nfl-draft-scout-nasir-adderley-safety-preview-seattle-seahawks-projection-breakdown-tape-all-22

^^^ That's a good analysis of Nasir's game. I think some of the conclusions he comes to based off of it are somewhat unfair to Adderley, but overall it's a strong review of his strengths and weaknesses backed up with evidence.

I disagree with it being a weak safety class. At the top there really aren't none that sticks truly out, but there is a lot of potential in the middle rounds.

If we get either a rangy safety or an oline with our first picks, I think we are in a good position. We need complimentary pieces and players like a Bryce Love could still be there after we solidified the oline and safety position.

In general, I want us to get players who are more twitchy and can get open fast and get yards via screens, short routes etc.

5 hours ago, Danand said:

I disagree with it being a weak safety class.

I agree with it being a weak safety class in the sense that there isn't a lot of players with true single high range. Problem is, if that's your justification for a weak safety class then essentially every year's crop is weak. 

This is a pretty common indictment from analysts nowadays. "Oh, there's no unicorns in that stable?". "Then burn it down". They act like there should be an Earl Thomas in every class, and if there isn't- then overall the class is trash. 

I'm with you. I've watched a lot of promising players at safety so far and have no motivation to knock this class.

5 hours ago, Danand said:

If we get either a rangy safety or an oline with our first picks, I think we are in a good position. We need complimentary pieces and players like a Bryce Love could still be there after we solidified the oline and safety position.

In general, I want us to get players who are more twitchy and can get open fast and get yards via screens, short routes etc.

Signing an Earl Thomas or Matt Paradis would free up the FO to go after those complimentary pieces earlier. Last year the team didn't want to be forced into drafting a WR early so they went hard at the position in FA. I could see them being active again this year.

That's why Andy Isabella is so valuable. He can work underneath and legitimately take the top off a defense with his speed. If he was 2 inches taller he'd be a Top 10 pick. I want us to pick him so bad.

The same reason I am on the Isabella train. 

And I agree with the FA strategy. I still wonder if we could turn Elliot into a free safety. He doesn't have the speed, but is still faster than Weddle, and he does have the instincts. My gripe is Tony Jefferson, who I believe is too one dimensional but we are more tied to him due to his contract.

I believe we could somewhat help ourselves by cleaning house on some aging veterans not named suggs and instead keep the players who played well for us and earned a second contract.

How much will a crabtree earn for those limited targets he will get in a game for instance? Are those 4-6 targets really worth his contract? And would he do so much better than a rookie/Lasley?

Jefferson is an albatross around our neck. We can't get rid of him because of his contract and we can't move him into Levine's role because Anthony is more talented, it's horrible.

Our CBs are good enough to compensate for non ideal candidates playing safety on the back end. As we clearly saw last year, and you're accurate in stating Elliot is faster than Weddle. I'd be more than comfortable using DeShon at FS. 

Crabtree is slow, has issues catching the ball, has issues separating, and will be 32 this season. It doesn't make any sense to keep him. Chris Moore is in a contract year and has shown real promise. As well as a decent rapport with Jackson. Let him take over Crabtree's play time. Same for Lasley, let's use our dynamic players to put pressure on defenses. Just as pure deep threats Lasley & Moore will keep defenses more honest and open things up for Andrews, Hurst, and Snead. I know Lasley can take a screen to the house. I know Crabtree can't lol.

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Jefferson is an albatross around our neck. We can't get rid of him because of his contract and we can't move him into Levine's role because Anthony is more talented, it's horrible.

Our CBs are good enough to compensate for non ideal candidates playing safety on the back end. As we clearly saw last year, and you're accurate in stating Elliot is faster than Weddle. I'd be more than comfortable using DeShon at FS. 

Crabtree is slow, has issues catching the ball, has issues separating, and will be 32 this season. It doesn't make any sense to keep him. Chris Moore is in a contract year and has shown real promise. As well as a decent rapport with Jackson. Let him take over Crabtree's play time. Same for Lasley, let's use our dynamic players to put pressure on defenses. Just as pure deep threats Lasley & Moore will keep defenses more honest and open things up for Andrews, Hurst, and Snead. I know Lasley can take a screen to the house. I know Crabtree can't lol.

Elliot played the deep centerfielder several times from what I saw, but I never really saw the range I would like. He does however have that ability to just be where the ball comes.

• Like 1