2018 CFB/2019 Draft Prospects

DreamKid

The combination of explosive cuts, great hands, contact balance and experience taking snaps from the pistol makes him an excellent choice for us.

Unfortunately he doesn't the fit "we want to build a bully" mentality that take away prospects like Thompson off our board.

1 minute ago, Danand said:

Unfortunately he doesn't the fit "we want to build a bully" mentality that take away prospects like Thompson off our board.

I think that applies mostly to our line. DeCosta really wanted Phillip Lindsay last year and we came so close to getting him. We also traded for Ty Montgomery. Eric also loves his smaller school demons with incredible athleticism. You never know, Darwin could be this draft's Zach Sieler. 

9 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I think that applies mostly to our line. DeCosta really wanted Phillip Lindsay last year and we came so close to getting him. We also traded for Ty Montgomery. Eric also loves his smaller school demons with incredible athleticism. You never know, Darwin could be this draft's Zach Sieler. 

He won't last that long. He has early 4th round written all over him. If not earlier. To me he is far ahead of Singletary and I would also prefer him to Montgomery. Henderson and Jacobs are my highest rated running backs, but what Darwin can do is exactly what we need to add to our offense.

4 minutes ago, Danand said:

He won't last that long. He has early 4th round written all over him. If not earlier. To me he is far ahead of Singletary and I would also prefer him to Montgomery. Henderson and Jacobs are my highest rated running backs, but what Darwin can do is exactly what we need to add to our offense.

Nah, he has too many names in front of him. Dude isn't even going to the combine. Guys like Donnel Pumphrey and Tarik Cohen were combine invitees with 7,000 & 6,000 yard production lines. They still could only get into the 4th. A 1 year producer and JUCO transfer like Darwin is looking at 5-7 territory imo. I think he's a better prospect than both of them, but we've seen this story over and over. 

Don't sweat it Dan. I really think he could be a target for us. He's a fit for our offense. He's clearly not only a Red Star player but also a Harbaugh type player. He's a sick athlete whose metrics should be off the charts. I don't so why we wouldn't go after him. 

Basic ACL injury. Simmons is 21 years old. It's nothing. He'll be back in cleats in like 6 months.

We aren't talking about Sidney Jones here. Simmons is a Top 5-10 talent in any draft class. DIs with significant pass rush ability are one of the most valuable commodities in football. We need to pick him and not look back. 

• Like 1