2018 CFB/2019 Draft Prospects

DreamKid

3 hours ago, BareYourTeeth said:

I feel like we'd be pretty annoying on offense if we went Hockenson in the first round and double dipped at receiver to get Hardman and Isabella.

I got that haul earlier today in the mock draft tool at draft network

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Danand said:

mock draft tool at draft network

That's a fancy looking mock draft tool, although not sure I agree with how it works with their draft board right now.  For instance, Josh Jacobs and Elgton Jenkins both went in the 70s in the one I just did even though they are ranked much higher (pretty sure Jacobs is in their top 10)

Anyway, this is what I ended up with:

22    DK Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss
85    Jerry Tillery, IDL, ND
107  Damien Harris, RB, Alabama
117  Kaleb McGary, OT, Washington (would play him at G)
150  Te'Von Coney, ILB, ND
178  Parris Campbell, WR, OSU (Hardman was also available)
180  Isaiah Johnson, CB, Houston

Wesley is pluckier, better after the catch, and a better blocker. Much younger than Jaleel was too. The analytics will shine much more favorably on him

It's rare to find guys he and Jaleel's size that can get in and out of breaks like that. I loved that about Jaleel's tape and I love it about Antoine's. 

The similarities are definitely there. Hopefully that means AW is on our FO's radar this year, the way Scott was last year. 

The receivers I'm comfortable with so far are-    Early/  JJAWS and Riley Ridley   Mid/  Andy Isabella and Antoine Wesley

Edited by DreamKid
  • Like 1

If Andy runs in the 4.3s, he won't make it out of the 2nd Round. If he really runs a sub 4.3 though, he'll get legit 1st Round consideration. Not by us I don't think, but by some of the other clubs picking in the 2nd half of the round. Also with Mark Andrews, Hayden Hurst, Chris Moore and Willie Snead all being strong slot options. It's hard for me to see the FO pursuing a slot primary WR regardless of round. Unless DeCosta and Co. are convinced Isabella can have a Tyreek Hill like impact, which even then might not be motivating due to some of the miscues between Lamar and another diminutive speedster in John Brown.